Blue C60 Discontinued?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
FourthWard
Expert
Expert

Blue C60 Discontinued?

Post by FourthWard »

I can't find it on the site anywhere and don't see anyone talking about it on the forum. When did it get discontinued? :shock:
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Blue C60 Discontinued?

Post by st-rider »

I see your problem. Current c600 has 4 face/bezel options that I can see (despite web text saying 3), vintage/black, black/black, white/black, black/red.

The c60 300 has the black/black, white/black, black/red and black/orange.

Yet the web images for the c600 'King of the Sea' (here) does show at least a blue bezel.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
krish
CW-watches: 0

Post by krish »

There was a blue bezel black face that was discontinued around October last year. Until recently there was an all blue version which no longer seems to be there. Assuming this isn't a mistake with the site perhaps it's about to be discontinued also.
FourthWard
Expert
Expert

Post by FourthWard »

st-rider wrote:I see your problem. Current c600 has 4 face/bezel options that I can see (despite web text saying 3), vintage/black, black/black, white/black, black/red.

The c60 300 has the black/black, white/black, black/red and black/orange.

Yet the web images for the c600 'King of the Sea' (here) does show at least a blue bezel.
That is indeed the all-blue version! And yet, it's not available for purchase on their website. Why advertise it, then?

Guess it's gone. Wonder if they sold all of their inventory or will be having a "flash sale" with the remaining ones. Would consider picking up a 38mm all-blue version if so...
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

It was there about 4 days ago when I was looking. They changed the watch slider from manual movement to a click arrow so with that update the blue version was removed. That bright blue honestly didn't sell as well as the other colors and we know it because of the lack of pictures vs. other versions. Either they're going to bring in a new darker blue or the only blue version available will be the Chronograph, which would be stupid as it's pricey and not all blue. Maybe that Chrono blue will have a PRO version soon.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

They had both the 43mm and 38mm all-blue C60 in their Nearly New sale. Perhaps they cleared them out like that instead of their usual 50% end-of-model sale?

I really like blue dive watches but their blue was a bit too light and bright for me.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

If there wasn't too much stock a NN sale makes more sense. 50% off is when they have a lot of slow sellers. I did notice the blue Trident was one of the last ones there so you're probably right.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz »

They probably sold them in the NN. I have a feeling we've seen the last of the 50% off sales based on Kips comments before the last one.
CWL:C30,C5FLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto, C60 Chrono
Ebel Chrnon,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MadMrB »

I don't mean to rub it in, but I ordered one last Thursday using the 15% discount code (not NN) and it was waiting for me when I got home tonight...

:D
FourthWard
Expert
Expert

Post by FourthWard »

Looks great! Please post more pics, it's very hard to find pics of the all blue version. Can't decide if I like it or the black dial + red bezel.

Just sold my 43MM C60 because it was too big to fit on my wrist, and now I'm waffling on whether 38MM is too small...

I've noticed US eBay is virtually wiped of Christopher Ward watches - ones I've been seeing for months have all been cleared out in the last few weeks. Wonder if people are snatching up the past logos while they're available.
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MadMrB »

FourthWard wrote:Looks great! Please post more pics, it's very hard to find pics of the all blue version. Can't decide if I like it or the black dial + red bezel.

Just sold my 43MM C60 because it was too big to fit on my wrist, and now I'm waffling on whether 38MM is too small...

I've noticed US eBay is virtually wiped of Christopher Ward watches - ones I've been seeing for months have all been cleared out in the last few weeks. Wonder if people are snatching up the past logos while they're available.
I'll put some more pictures up tomorrow, also alongside a 43mm Red/Black and a 38mm Black/White for comparison. I like both sizes and I think the 38mm on bracelet feels great to wear and looks brilliant especially if I'm not wearing a long sleeved shirt.
NickS
Junior
Junior

Post by NickS »

C60's seem to be thinning out on the website since the relaunch. There has to be the suspicion that divers aren't part of the new marketing game plan, just something there is rather a lot of stock of still on the shelf.
Whatever you do with diving watches they are a retro fashion icon. No one with any sense relies on them for diving anymore. They are just a good solid watch that doesn't mind getting wet or thumped a bit and has a useful timer bezel. Not exactly trendy, not exactly new CW.
Alaska Big Bear
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 17

Post by Alaska Big Bear »

Wow! Since I already have a blue C60 600 and 300..I didn't realize that the blue wasn't being offered anymore. Crazy. A blue C60 300 was what caught my attention for the brand and was my first CW purchase. Mmmmm....I don't get it. Bright blue is a tremendous color. I can't imagine it was a poor seller. I guess CW is just moving in a different direction in that divers are only black, red or dark blue (chrono). Guess we will see if the Orange bezel C60 300 are put up on the next nearly new sale. That last nearly new sale was a great way to move remaining blue pieces without the fan fare of a 50% off discontinued sale.

Cheers!
Billy
C8 Flyer Automatic & Quartz SS & Black
C9 Big Day Date White, Blue
C60 Trident 300 Blue, Red, Orange, Green
C60 Trident 600 Blue, Red
C60 Trident 600 GMT Green
C65 Trident Classic White, Black
C70 British, Italian, Belgium
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MadMrB »

MadMrB wrote:
FourthWard wrote:Looks great! Please post more pics, it's very hard to find pics of the all blue version. Can't decide if I like it or the black dial + red bezel.

I'll put some more pictures up tomorrow, also alongside a 43mm Red/Black and a 38mm Black/White for comparison. I like both sizes and I think the 38mm on bracelet feels great to wear and looks brilliant especially if I'm not wearing a long sleeved shirt.
As promised here are more pictures, these first ones are of 43mm Red/Black, 38mm Black/White and 43mm Blue - so you can compare size and colours. They are in bright daylight, but not direct sun, at slightly different angles:

The blue in direct very bright artificial light:

And in dim artificial light:

And the 43mm Red/Black and 38mm Black/White on wrist. I have a 6.75" fairly flat wrist:

I hope this helps, and apologise if this is too many pictures.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

MadMrB wrote:...apologise if this is too many pictures.
IMO can never have enough of these real world pics. :thumbup:

Now just need to compare the C60 Mk1 LE scooter blue, the C60 Mk1 CW blue and the CW C600 blue ;)
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D