Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Are we representative of CWL buyers

Post by Galton321 »

Just curious how many forum members are there? In the current melee over the re-branding the majority of those who posted are pretty anti. In Mike's talk with Josh Mike Francis suggested that he had received many positive comments. This got me thinking about just how representative the opinion of those who have posted is of the Forum members as a whole?
Silasloki
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Are we representative of CWL buyers

Post by Silasloki »

If I had to guess, I would say that the 'majority' of negative comments are generated by a few out spoken individuals raising thread after ridiculous thread on the subject, giving the impression of a deluge of discontent.

In the real world, I assume all the "nerd" rage is something of an anomaly, thankfully restricted to the internet. My guess is that, when people are approached in the real world, they are more reserved, gracious and considerate of what they say. The internet provides a platform for (generally) unregulated free speech.....
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

But it allows people to say what they REALLY think without the fear of a reaction in person....now days nobody is able to say anything just in case it is not PC
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

I own 4 CW watches and had others I sold in the past so I think I have a right to have a view. Don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isis
Expert
Expert

Post by Isis »

kiter...pretty hard to see how PC could come into a watch discussion :problem:
Silasloki ... that's pretty dismissive of longstanding forum members who are very committed to CW , coming from someone who, with respect, is pretty much a newbie
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Galton321 »

Silasloki, I agree with what you are saying. But I am assuming that the feelings expressed are genuine feelings even if, sometimes, expressed. In strong terms. I guess what I'd like to see is more people, like yourself, contributing. Get a broader view of what people think. Maybe they fear being flamed but hell you can be anonymous if you wish so why care.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Maybe not PC just saying people are more likely to say what they really think on the net as opposed to saying it to someone's face
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Galton321 »

Hicksmat wrote:I own 4 CW watches and had others I sold in the past so I think I have a right to have a view. Don't you think?

Someone made a comment, no one denied your right to make a comment but your first reaction is go nuclear.
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

Galton321 wrote:
Hicksmat wrote:I own 4 CW watches and had others I sold in the past so I think I have a right to have a view. Don't you think?

Someone made a comment, no one denied your right to make a comment but your first reaction is go nuclear.
WTF are you on about?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Galton321 wrote:Just curious how many forum members are there? In the current melee over the re-branding the majority of those who posted are pretty anti. In Mike's talk with Josh Mike Francis suggested that he had received many positive comments. This got me thinking about just how representative the opinion of those who have posted is of the Forum members as a whole?
Forum members = 10,156

Active from May 6 = 643
This means have logged in, but not necessarily posted. Also does not include lurkers.

Activity spiked this month on May 9

I cannot determine who has posted the most regarding the re branding without reviewing the topics and I don't have enough time for that, so I shall leave that to you.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Silasloki wrote:If I had to guess, I would say that the 'majority' of negative comments are generated by a few out spoken individuals raising thread after ridiculous thread on the subject, giving the impression of a deluge of discontent.

In the real world, I assume all the "nerd" rage is something of an anomaly, thankfully restricted to the internet. My guess is that, when people are approached in the real world, they are more reserved, gracious and considerate of what they say. The internet provides a platform for (generally) unregulated free speech.....
But apart from all of that, do you have an opinion?
'Tis me
robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by robert75 »

Hicksmat wrote:
Galton321 wrote:

WTF are you on about?
:lol:
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Let's hope so :lol:
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

robert75 wrote:
Hicksmat wrote:
Galton321 wrote: Someone made a comment, no one denied your right to make a comment but your first reaction is go nuclear.
WTF are you on about?
:lol:
:)
Berty
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Berty »

I've been lurking on the forum for a while now and only own one CW watch that I bought equally as much for aesthetic appeal as for technical prowess. If you had put the new logo on my C900 I would not have bought it - simple as that. I'd be less fussed if the new logo was reserved for say an "active sports" range, but to me it looks a bit out of keeping with the brand image that appeals to me. As others have commented, adopt the trident as the logo - can't see many reasons to complain from any interested camp.