poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Any news of new watches from Chr. Ward?

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Kip wrote:I would accept this at a CWL price! :thumbup:
Let's hope it's a nice size - 40mm would be purrrfect! [-o< [-o<
Yes wouldn't want an absolute monster though.

Sent from my GuyPhone using Tapatalk
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Any news of new watches from Chr. Ward?

Post by Tomsolo »

aah... thank you for that.. i am now just a little bit more edumacated.. :lol:
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

That would be a very interesting watch. I bought an interesting JLC single button chrono at a boot sale a couple of years back which was a lovely watch. Wish I'd kept it.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
tassmar

Post by tassmar »

I like the photo provided by Aifo. Looking at the new magazine, i too get the feeling this watch might pay a tribute to the Zenith El Primero (which kind of looks like Aifo's picture).

What i am thinking here is that most of the waches featured in the Vintage Watches article have been revived, except from the Zenith, Heuer and Patek Philippe.
The Rolex Submariner has already been revived in the form of the C60, the Omega Speadmaster in the form of the C7, the IWC Big Pilot's watch in the form of the C8 and the Cartier Tank in the form of the C15.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

tassmar wrote:I like the photo provided by Aifo. Looking at the new magazine, i too get the feeling this watch might pay a tribute to the Zenith El Primero (which kind of looks like Aifo's picture).

What i am thinking here is that most of the waches featured in the Vintage Watches article have been revived, except from the Zenith, Heuer and Patek Philippe.
The Rolex Submariner has already been revived in the form of the C60, the Omega Speadmaster in the form of the C7, the IWC Big Pilot's watch in the form of the C8 and the Cartier Tank in the form of the C15.
I disgree in some of your comparisons here. I just don't see the Omega Speedmaster in the C7 or Cartier Tank in the C15.

It could just be me as we all get different impressions...but I don't see those 2 being that close in style.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kip wrote:
tassmar wrote:I disgree in some of your comparisons here. I just don't see the Omega Speedmaster in the C7 or Cartier Tank in the C15.

It could just be me...
Me too, Kip
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
tassmar

Post by tassmar »

I am actually pleased you are saying that Kip, because this means there is room for new models!!

I guess what i was suggesting is that there are some broad similarities in terms of features (although i accept that i was streaching my argument a bit here, yes Cartier is square and so is C15 but that doesn't necessarily make them similar) #-o

Either way, the posibility for a classically looking watch with modern workings is exciting :-P

I'm not sure why a mono-push mechanism is better than a dual-push though? Don't quite understand the differences yet, but is sounds like the mono-push is more expensive, complex, and has less functionality (as you can't pause the stopwatch). What are the benefits? :-s
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by TempusFugit »

I had a play with a very nice Girard-Perregaux at a Pawn shop on Fleet Street. I'd have bought it if the bracelet fitted. Anyway, this was a dual button chron with a third button inside the winder. The third button activated a split feature which splits the second hand (there are two hands, one under the other) leaving one carrying on and one to take a reading from. Another push synchronises them again so that they look like just one hand. Lovely mechanism.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by Maraeburn »

I for one can't wait to see what they come up with next!