A wonderful resource

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tonywalker
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 26

A wonderful resource

Post by Tonywalker »

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to whoever originally put together the CW Archive and all those who have contributed to the archives since.

I find it to be an invaluable tool for researching all things CW.

A recent tip I was given was to click on Search model, without entering a search string, and to then click on the Launched Date column header. This provides you with a chronologically sorted list of all CW releases.

I have spent many hours trawling through and finding all my favourites, and viewing the linked picture gallery.

A far better system than scrolling ebay and Google continuously.
These users thanked the author Tonywalker for the post (total 6):
welshladAmor Vincit OmniajkbarnesViognierTophRichard D
CW watch count - enough to keep me very happy, but always room for more!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Re: A wonderful resource

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thank you, Tony. It’s great to hear that our newer members are discovering the Archive and finding it useful. The admin team as a whole has been responsible for it, but the vast majority of the information was compiled by Kip over the years, and Richard (@downer) bore the brunt of the technical development. We all chip in to keep things updated.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Tonywalker
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Tonywalker
Senior
Senior

Post by Tonywalker »

Thanks to Amor, Kip, Downer and all the rest of the mod team who help to maintain the archive and forum.

I note that Bahnstormer is regularly leaving links to CWArchive on the FB forums, so I'm sure many, many more newbies will start to make use of the archive - if not linking directly there and then, it brings the resource to the forefront of people's minds.

:D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^^ We just keep trying to lead the horses to water.... so to speak.

The CWArchives are there for everyone and we do what we can to keep it updated. We are always open for suggestions to improve it as it is a continual work in progress.

Your kind words are appreciated.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
WDSub

Post by WDSub »

yes, thanks so much for the effort to compile the archive.
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

I agree the archive is a superb resource. Well thought, well maintained and great for enthusiasts for many many years to come
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Pedrinho
CW-watches: 1

Post by Pedrinho »

+1 Have to say The Archive was very useful when I recently bought my first, used CW. A great resource to have. Thanks to the team.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I expect there's a lot of people would like a similar resource for other watch brands. Some watches, you can't even find details on current models.
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^ We’re working on that right now! :D
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
addi564
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 12

Post by addi564 »

I would 100% echo this.

For a while i fell out of love with Christopher Ward, i never looked to making any additions and what i had sat gathering dust in the watch box.

Then one day i opened the box and fell in love with what i had all over again and decided to get a grip of my collection, document what i have with a view of deciding to keep or sell.

The Archive has been a great resource to help me document everything and even learn some new stuff.

Thanks to everybody that dedicates their time and energy for the benefit of others.

Now to start engaging in this hobby once again and in particular Christopher Ward.
C60 Trident 38mm on rubber and GMT on bracelet
C6 Kingfisher black dial on rubber and white dial on bracelet
C5 FLE and C3 FLE
C65 Vintage on bracelet
Tag Heuer F1 Calibre 5
Breitling Superocean 42
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:54 pm ^^^ We’re working on that right now! :D
I didn't mean having all the details of every CW watch on the CW archives.
I can see you are trying to do that, and it's amazing how many CW watches there actually are, especially with the occasional/regular flash LE releases.

I meant that with some other manufacturers, it was often very difficult to find anything out about retired models at all, and sometimes even current models. :D
Amor Vincit Omnia

JAFO wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 am I meant that with some other manufacturers, it was often very difficult to find anything out about retired models at all, and sometimes even current models. :D
Sorry, Dave, I didn’t make myself completely clear. It was current models I was talking about – we were actually in the process of uploading descriptions, photos and details of the Dune range last night. We like to get this done as quickly as possible with a new release…after the embargo is lifted, of course! :wink:

it might need a bit of tweaking but it’s basically there already.
Steve

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The Admin Team is constantly working to improve the CWArchives. We are happy to see that it is being used and we have seen the usage growing constantly since we launched it.

What we would be interested to know, aside from the models section, is how many use the other many areas of the CWA?

The CWA is loaded with CW Publications new and old going back to the first catalog. There is also "Snippets" which are stories of primary interest taken from Loupe and the old CW Magazine, links to outside articles and reviews plus copies of all CW watch manuals. We also have general information areas such as Fun Facts, the Timeline, company firsts, Resale information on CW watches and much more!

What areas have you looked at or is there something that is missing?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Kip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:58 am What we would be interested to know, aside from the models section, is how many use the other many areas of the CWA?

What areas have you looked at… ?
CW Publications :thumbup:
Snippets
links to outside articles and reviews
copies of all CW watch manuals.
Fun Facts
the Timeline :thumbup:
company firsts :thumbup:
Resale information on CW watches :thumbup:
Andrew
“I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows, and Henry knows we know it. We're a knowledgeable family.” ~ The Lion In Winter

C65 Trident Vintage | C65 AMGT LE | C63 Sealander (36mm)

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Tonywalker
Senior
Senior

Post by Tonywalker »

I have been having a good mooch around all of the various sections recently and find it to be a treasure trove of information. As one earlier contributor commented, not something other manufacturers have the benefit of.

Great works guys