cblackburn
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: A Dilemma...

Post by cblackburn »

Agree with all of the above. As for selling, you may wish to try the other brand section of the sales corner here before eBay.

Good luck and welcome!
Own:
W6 Kingfisher Splash Green
C9 JH #011
C5 Malvern Quartz #0038
C9 2011 FLE #060
C6 Kingfisher Pro Yellow
C20 Lido
C60 2012 FLE Blue #024
C1 Russell
C80 Sector
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Tomsolo »

Gotta disagree with the peeps saying avoid selling on Ebay.... yep i know you have E-Bay fees/PayPal fees to pay, but you only have to look at the CW watches sold here on the Forum and on E-bay.... E-Bay out performsjust about every time....Watch Forums have audiences in the thousands... E-Bay... in the millions. On the Forums you know your watch will go to someone who appreciates it... but this is about cold hard cash.... so you can buy the lovely CW that YOU will appreciate.... Just my humble opinion :blabla:
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

Interesting choice between forums and the Bay...

In my experience the balance is different for different sorts of thing.

For example, though I've got no experience of buying or selling 2nd hand watches I have bought and sold quite a lot of photographic equipment over the years, and around 10 mid-range bicycles (i.e. £400 - £1200).

My experience is that DSLR and classic film cameras and lenses sell very well via forums as long as you're a known quantity with long-term membership, take care to illustrate the item with clear & large photographs (bit of a no-brainer for camera kit...), and you choose your forum with care (Nikon forums aren't a very good place for Canon & Olympus sales). There's also much less hassle involved (e.g. getting pestered with daft questions or requests for a 'Buy it now' price).

In contrast, whether you're selling something well-known but classic (e.g. a Dawes Galaxy) or obscure and low-volume (e.g. an Airnimal Chameleon or an American recumbent), my experience is that eBay gives far and away the best return for bicycles even allowing for paypal and ebay fees.
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by Loddonite »

I don't think I could make the decision, were I in your place, eggtronics.

If you like to be able to wear a different watch on different days or for different occasions, then saving up and perhaps selling just a couple, no matter how long it takes, might be the way to go... you may even appreciate the quality watch all the more for the effort it has taken to acquire...
... on the other hand ...
... if the C60 you want is available tomorrow and/or you are happy to be a one-watch-man then don't hesitate - be ruthless.

Another way to go is to invest relatively small amounts in new straps and bracelets to give your existing watches a new look... (we have a couple in common)

Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by eggtronics »

Hmmm... What to do, what to do...
Thanks all of you guys who have replied, I really appreciate all your thoughts! I definitely want a CW as soon as possible, so I think that selling all but the g-shock is the way to go. And if I miss any of them in the fiture, at least theyre only £60-70 to buy again!
I must say... That lovely watch box my wife got me for an anniversary pressie will look awfully empty- hopefully wont be empty forever!
When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Can only concur - the CW will be so much more special. BTW,That Parnis power reserve bears an uncanny resemblance to a c9 Harrison chrono / IWC!
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Welcome,

Lurking on this forum can be expensive, you will only want more !

If you have birthdays etc coming up, be rude and ask for a donation to your CW fund, mortgage your next 2 -3 years of birthday presents from the wife. Go into the garage/shed/attic and get rid on the "bay" of those unwanted items, and you gets the money simples :D

What ever you buy when the funds become free I'm sure you will enjoy, owning a quality watch is lovely, if you are near or in the "South" we will no doubt be having a "Get together" soonish, where people like Iain coming with just about every CW watch that ever lived, and you can touch/feel/play with "stuff" to make sure it's what you want, and of course have a great afternoon with like minded sad'ooos cooing over watches !

Good luck with whatever you decide

Jimbo
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by eggtronics »

Thanks all you guys for your wise words. Thanks to you I now have a beautiful C5 auto mk1 gracing my wrist! But as was warned, another CW is promptly following! In order to fund it the casio g-shock is up for sale.please PM me if you are interested! it is for sale on ebay at the moment but would rather see out go to a fellow forum member!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140697658938? ... 1555.l2649
When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!