60 Day Return Question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Juicetin

60 Day Return Question

Post by Juicetin »

The 60 day return policy says a watch can only be returned if it is "unworn" ? does that mean it cant be tried on at all if it is on a strap , as this might produce a slight bend in the strap and this would cause it to be rejected? Does it still have to have the protective plastic film over the crystal and the little 60 day tag round the strap?
Just curious, thanks.
exHowfener
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: 60 Day Return Question

Post by exHowfener »

This is a well-worn path on the forum and it's fair to say that there are different opinions on the subject!

Personally, I wouldn't remove the stickers unless i was keeping the watch. Very few U.K. suppliers will accept returns one the tags have been cut off. My understanding is that the watch can be "tried on", which I take to mean for a few minutes and as such shouldn't affect the strap. Basically, the condition should be such that if returned CW can still sell as "new". It's a different story if an item is faulty, but I don't think that's what you were asking.

Others do disagree, so your best bet (and really the only valid answer) is to contact CW and ask them.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Juicetin

Post by Juicetin »

Thanks for the reply, thats what I thought, it must be in a re-sellable condition.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I note that Tim Mosso on Watch box is very careful not to close clasps when demonstrating watches.

Its tricky with a watch because there is no "demonstrator" with CW. In a shop you can try on the case sample, and then buy a pristine one from the back room, or maybe get a discount if you buy the last demonstrator.

I would take the dial sticker off temporarily to see the dial clearly. I would put it on my wrist. I would close a bracelet or a rubber strap, but not a leather strap. I wouldn't wear the watch for an extended period. I wouldn't remove wrapping from straps and bracelets. I find it difficult with the CW plastic protector over the dial, as I do want to try the feel of winding and setting the watch, and track the accuracy overnight.

I think you would do with watches what you do with clothes and shoes. The difference is that people do accept that clothes and shoes might have been tried on, but we like to feel that we are the first owner to remove the stickers from a watch.
Leon O
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Leon O »

Juicetin wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:21 am Thanks for the reply, thats what I thought, it must be in a re-sellable condition.
That has been my understanding as well.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Never had a problem replacing the plastic dial protectors. Just set them aside somewhere that’s dust & fluff free so that they’re clean when they go back on. They’re not actually “sticky” with adhesive. As for the 60/60 tag? Unless you’re planning to wear the watch to go out, there’s no reason to remove it? I never buckle up a leather strap as that’s likely to show.
Steve.
Leon O
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Leon O »

Thermexman wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:00 am Never had a problem replacing the plastic dial protectors. Just set them aside somewhere that’s dust & fluff free so that they’re clean when they go back on. They’re not actually “sticky” with adhesive. As for the 60/60 tag? Unless you’re planning to wear the watch to go out, there’s no reason to remove it? I never buckle up a leather strap as that’s likely to show.
If I want to sees how a new watch feels, sits, and looks on my wrist, I replace the new QR bracelet or strap with one of my spare QR straps.