4th “line” in the CW range

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CorFred
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm

4th “line” in the CW range

Post by CorFred »

There has been mention of a 4th line of watches to be joining the stable

C60 trident
C63 Sealander
C65 Aquitaine

What are thoughts on the next line?
Motorsport?
Pilot?
Dress?
These users thanked the author CorFred for the post:
Jcalder68
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:00 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Suffolk

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by Jcalder68 »

Digital?
On a more serious note, CW’s recent new sponsoring of a different car racing team might open things up for that being their new motorsport line?
Also, do they really have a dress watch “lime” at the moment? Sure, they have several more dressy models, but is this really a full lime?
Keep well
C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 29780
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Is it not the case that Dive, Motorsports, Pilot and Dress are 'ranges' within the overall CW Collection and the 'lines' of;-

C60 Trident
C63 Sealander
C65 Aquitaine

. . .are within the dive range?

Therefore 4th 'line' C67 Deep Sea, perhaps?

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
Sunspot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by Sunspot »

I would hope that they have a different handset different from the c60, C63 and new c65 which all share the same hands now...
These users thanked the author Sunspot for the post:
drand
drand
Guru
Guru
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by drand »

I would like to see some more formal or dressier offerings as I always thought these were some of CW's best work.
However, I doubt they would sell as well as divers, chronographs, aviation and motorsport themed models.
We might see another example of democratising 'higher-end' features such as the pop-out crown - C9 tourbillion anyone?
These users thanked the author drand for the post (total 2):
JasperCatthomcat00
User avatar
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4925
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by jkbarnes »

Jcalder68 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:50 am On a more serious note, CW’s recent new sponsoring of a different car racing team might open things up for that being their new motorsport line?
I was thinking along these same lines. Also, Mike France has been talking a lot about innovation and pushing boundaries. How much room for that is available with a pilot watch or a dress watch? I think there’s quite a bit of room to play around with with a motorsport line.

We’ll have to wait and see.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Jcalder68
Andrew
“Everything’s better when you feel guilty.” ~ Anthony Bourdain

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE


Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
User avatar
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5709
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Essex

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by golfjunky »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:47 am
Jcalder68 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:50 am On a more serious note, CW’s recent new sponsoring of a different car racing team might open things up for that being their new motorsport line?
I was thinking along these same lines. Also, Mike France has been talking a lot about innovation and pushing boundaries. How much room for that is available with a pilot watch or a dress watch? I think there’s quite a bit of room to play around with with a motorsport line.

We’ll have to wait and see.
here's hoping for a triple split
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Bretling Aerospace Evo, Vinatge Azur, Vintage dressy Seiko & SBGX059
CorFred
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by CorFred »

My thoughts lead to dress or Motorsport with the mention of the repeater in a previous Loupe
User avatar
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:31 pm
CW-watches: 8
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by biggus_richus »

Sunspot wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 am I would hope that they have a different handset different from the c60, C63 and new c65 which all share the same hands now...
There are some subtle differences with the Aquitaine handset; the minute hand has a taper to it and they don't have the hard bevelling of the other ranges.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Garmin | Marloe | Omega | Oris | Pinion | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
User avatar
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:56 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: New England, US

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by rkovars »

biggus_richus wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:23 pm
Sunspot wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 am I would hope that they have a different handset different from the c60, C63 and new c65 which all share the same hands now...
There are some subtle differences with the Aquitaine handset; the minute hand has a taper to it and they don't have the hard bevelling of the other ranges.
The hour hand has a slight curve at the base too. I like the new handset. I think it looks great. I also think it goes with the vintage vibe better than the other set.
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor
User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28393
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

drand wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:51 am I would like to see some more formal or dressier offerings as I always thought these were some of CW's best work.
However, I doubt they would sell as well as divers, chronographs, aviation and motorsport themed models.
We might see another example of democratising 'higher-end' features such as the pop-out crown - C9 tourbillion anyone?
I totally agree with your first sentence. I also agree with your second sentence, which is the nub of the argument. My box is now probably more replete with good things than it has ever been, so even if something along formal or dressy lines were produced I might well not go for it, so I can’t really advocate it.

I think a tourbillon might be something of a pipe dream at the moment.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Sunspot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:36 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: 4th “line” in the CW range

Post by Sunspot »

rkovars wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:10 pm
biggus_richus wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:23 pm
Sunspot wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 am I would hope that they have a different handset different from the c60, C63 and new c65 which all share the same hands now...
There are some subtle differences with the Aquitaine handset; the minute hand has a taper to it and they don't have the hard bevelling of the other ranges.
The hour hand has a slight curve at the base too. I like the new handset. I think it looks great. I also think it goes with the vintage vibe better than the other set.
Cool. Thanks. Would be lovely to see in the metal!