Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: 2013 FLE

Post by Loddonite »

JAG wrote:I didn't want to mention it earlier :-)
Well me neither - Chris is already feeding the frenzied forum hordes with the Trident LEs, so I think I'll rein in my enthusiasm for now, albeit a 6923 based 24 hour watch in a C5/C50 case; 3 hander; possibly a lefty, would go down very nicely in this quiet corner of Berkshire.

I'll await word from stately Ward Manor.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

theague wrote:please excuse me I was following the title of the post. I think you're right it would be 2013. How are we 6 pages in and just now realizing? lol

I mentioned it on Page 1. :D :D :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: 2012 FLE

Post by Mr Rick »

How about a 24 hour dial with the look of a Smiths Gauge??

Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
theague
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by theague »

Mr Rick wrote:
theague wrote:please excuse me I was following the title of the post. I think you're right it would be 2013. How are we 6 pages in and just now realizing? lol

I mentioned it on Page 1. :D :D :D
I must have skimmed that page :problem:
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Loddonite wrote:
JAG wrote:I didn't want to mention it earlier :-)
a 6923 based 24 hour watch in a C5/C50 case; 3 hander; possibly a lefty, would go down very nicely in this quiet corner of Berkshire.

I'll await word from stately Ward Manor.
+1, I am liking this!
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

tomrakewell wrote:If this went ahead, I'd prefer the C50 case or bigger. 24h might be too much on a small-ish dial. Definitely prefer 3 hands.
This is a 37mm dial so smaller than C5/50 but similar style hands to the CW.
Cutting down on the numbers eases the clutter & makes the dial more readable. Not suggesting the red markers specifically although I think they add to the legibility.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Loddonite wrote:
theague wrote:Have we even found out yet if this '12 FLE is going to be supported by CW?
Kip?
It is unlikely that we would be able to develop another FLE for delivery in 2012 at this point in time. Developments already in progress and scheduled by CWL may preclude us going forward with another FLE for this year.

That does even take into consideration the method that would have to be determined for development by the forum plus design etc.

I am, however, seeking advice from the boss to even see if it is possible. My best suggestion is to consider this as a brainstorming session as Tyke has mentioned. Perhaps we will get some additional thoughts/ideas of things to look at for an FLE for 2013.

After all, it shall not be long before we will be able to look at this again.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

My intention was the brainstorming side of the FLE. It matters little whether it is 12/13 in years but we need a direction to make it possible. So far there have been some very good ideas that could happen. We can make it easier for CWL to fit into standard production time if we do not leave it too late in the year.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

To be fair,we can have all the brainstorming time we want,but until we know what parameters we have to work within it's a waste of time.

Before we do anything we need to know if we have to stay within a current case design or can go beyond that...what movements we can realistically use,whether Chris would prefer us to focus on a particular style eg dress/pilot/dive etc etc etc,but most importantly (and this was made crystal clear during the 2011 FLE design process) we need to establish a price point and stick to it.

I could say....70's style cushion case diver which would come in both 42 and 38mm,locking crown as opposed to screw in crown,top quality mesh/beads of rice bracelet options with proper divers extension and fully adjustable,extra tool/packaging/strap options,lumed countdown bezel & original Forum designed logo to be engraved on the caseback.
But it's all just talk.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
downer

Post by downer »

^^ A good point, well made.
Richard
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

village wrote: I could say....70's style cushion case diver which would come in both 42 and 38mm,locking crown as opposed to screw in crown,top quality mesh/beads of rice bracelet options with proper divers extension and fully adjustable,extra tool/packaging/strap options,lumed countdown bezel & original Forum designed logo to be engraved on the caseback.
But it's all just talk.
This is the first idea that I like the sound of. :thumbup:

As for a 38mm 24 hr watch I would need a magnifying glass to read that. :shock: The Glycine Airman range are some of the best examples of 24 hr watches and the smallest in the range is 42mm and go up to 48mm. A 24 hour based on the C8 or C11 case would be a much more useful watch IMHO. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Question for anyone who has (or has worn) a 24-hr watch...how long does it take before you stop thinking subconsciously "It's ten-past-ten" and realise it's only ten-past-eight? :?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Question for anyone who has (or has worn) a 24-hr watch...how long does it take before you stop thinking subconsciously "It's ten-past-ten" and realise it's only ten-past-eight? :?
Not long...if i haven't worn it for a bit then the mental adjustment tends to be the act of making sure the date/time are correct. Its funniest when people ask you the time and look at your watch 8)

If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

I'm a little late to this brainstorming party. I don't have any strong feelings at this point, but it would be nice if we could do a little trail blazing with this FLE. If we are limited to a modification of an existing design, I think I'd be most excited about a C3 or a C8 mod because those are the lines that I don't have in my collection yet. I think a C5/C50 mod would excite me the least.

A pocket watch sounds like a neat idea. Something a little sporty would also appeal to me since the forum hasn't really gone down that road yet (unless the 2011 FLE meets some loose definition of sporty).
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

I am not realy into dress watches, but I do quite fancy a rose gold watch and regret not grabbing the C5 when it was offered in rose gold, only the size realy stopped me from pulling the trigger.

So my sugestion is a C9, rose gold case, ivory white dial black Roman numerals with the XII coloured in blue (or red). There is plenty of scope for different hands, blued or rose gold, also the dial in black with rose gold numerals would give a different but nice look. This could done with only dial and colour changes to an existing model. 8)
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).