Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soon2BSoylent
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: 2012 FLE

Post by Soon2BSoylent »

JAG wrote:
Monkey wrote:An auto version of the C3 would be interesting, or maybe some other kind of dress watch, as we havn't really had a dress watch as an FLE yet have we?? :D
I thought the C2 was a dress :?
Isn't the C9 as well?

I think Monkey is Monkeying around, it is his birthday afterall!
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

benjaminweiss wrote:I'd love to see a C3 Malvern Chrono Automatic. Throw the 7750 calibre in and maybe do a slate/grey dial. SS hands and roman numerals (same as standard C3).

The C3 has a great 40mm size and it perfectly walks the line between dress and sport watch. I just wish it could be mechanical...

Seconded - C3 is a gorgeous elegant daily wearer, with a sporty twist, ideal for a FLE special if a Valjoux 7750 could be fitted (the case has depth) with exhibition back. Subtle and classy
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Might be bit of a far cry, how about a two-register chronograph powered by Eta 2894-2 with date window at 6 based on the C3?

Failing that, maybe a re-launch of the C600IPY aka "the most controversial CW watch which may lead to forum member(s) start acting rude and immature when one pops up in the sales corner"? (humor intended, no offence to anyone)
Incoming: 0
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes

Post by Mortis »

Monkey you genius! Auto C3 kept at 40mm or less to please the ladies (and wallbash :twisted: )... I'd buy that!

For myself 'n' everything!
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

footycrazy wrote:A manual wind 36 - 38mm, very slim, sub seconds, unisex, 60,s look.
I'd go for that or Monkey's 40mm-or-less C3 auto.

Actually, after getting my Nomos Orion and admiring Wis' pics of his Universal Geneve Polerouters, I'd be happy to have a classic/retro-style & sized watch whether it's manual wind or auto.

You can fit a Sellita 200 into a 34mm case. :D
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15
Nomos Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

39mm C5 automatic with White dial, Roman numerals and blued steel hands with Big Date. Amazing!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Another vote for a C3 based FLE. I would love to see one of these with a muted British Racing Green face which would suit both a silver or gold case & a tan strap. An auto would be preferred to suitably differentiate it from the original, but i'm not averse to quartz.

Now that the 2011FLE has had time to settle in & be reflected upon, do we have any information regarding CWL's thoughts on that watch & more crucially are they prepared to follow that kind of route again or will future FLE's be like the forthcoming 2012FLE i.e. restricted to adaptations of existing designs. There seems little point in fantasising over a dream watch if it hasn't got any chance of becoming reality.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Anything along the lines of the Stowa MO with Arabic numerals would be fine by me.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

Id like to echo the above - 'we' should move away from the large cases such as the c9 - & I acknowledge that the female forum members may feel isolated with larger faces. C1 or C5 based (traditional) appears favourite.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

JAG wrote:
Monkey wrote:An auto version of the C3 would be interesting, or maybe some other kind of dress watch, as we havn't really had a dress watch as an FLE yet have we?? :D
Soon2BSoylent wrote:
JAG wrote:
Isn't the C9 as well?

I think Monkey is Monkeying around, it is his birthday afterall!

You could be right there :crazy: but I didn't really see the previous, or recent FLE as 'that' dressy really?!! :ka:

Mortis wrote:Monkey you genius! Auto C3 kept at 40mm or less to please the ladies (and wallbash :twisted: )... I'd buy that!

For myself 'n' everything!

Ha, well, y'know :mrgreen: seriously though, I'm sure there have been discussions on how nice an auto C3 would be in the same size case, or thereabouts?!! If they could keep the same look, I'd be up for one of those :thumbup:
John
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

I would like a manual or auto C1 (the brown dial) same size. but if possible a run of say half at a few mm smaller for women and skinny wristed people or those that want a vintage look. Don't want a fancy movement as I like the case back on the C1 and it would keep the price down.

It could use an ETA 1727 at 19.4mm or ETA 7001 at 23.3mm
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

androo wrote:I would like a manual or auto C1 (the brown dial) same size. but if possible a run of say half at a few mm smaller for women and skinny wristed people or those that want a vintage look. Don't want a fancy movement as I like the case back on the C1 and it would keep the price down.

It could use an ETA 1727 at 19.4mm or ETA 7001 at 23.3mm

+1

Dial color not important, but BRG would be nice. :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

I still like Yodas idea of a pocket watch, something like the new B&R ones, but with CWL's own twist to the design.

Who said we we have to accept mediocre?

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
theague
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by theague »

+1 for the C3 ideas floating around, though I would tend to agree with I.I.D in that I would not be adverse to a quartz FLE. In fact I think I would prefer it over a 7750 based FLE.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Non-COSC C50 would be nice - but hopefully CW will be doing that anyway.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.