2011 FLE accuracy

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

2011 FLE accuracy

Post by robinbarke »

Going to South Africa and Botswana today so will have to let my 2011 FLE stop. Am sad about this since in the several months since delivery its timekeeping has been exemplary - it is still dead on. Difficult to believe for a mechanical non COSC movement. There must be a competition somewhere for mechanical watch accuracy?

I'm taking my C50 COSC with me since I need to keep track of both day and date but in terms of accuracy it is not so good. In fact at minus 6 secs a day is barely within spec. Would be interested in other's experiencies with both these fine pieces.

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: 2011 FLE accuracy

Post by footycrazy »

Hi Robin,

I can only say that my C50 has been excellent @ +2 during the day, and overnight @ -1.5 dial up.
So overall very happy as i probably only wear it 1 or 2 days at any time.

When it first arrived, i wore it for 3 weeks roughly and gained a total of 10 seconds :thumbup: Can,t help with the 2011 FLE as i don,t have one.

G.
Graham
image_doctor
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by image_doctor »

Cracking time keeper you have there!

As we suspected from the CWL competition :)

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... f=1&t=8765
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Tomsolo »

I have to say i've found the same with my 2011 FLE... right from day one out of the box it has kept perfect time... even after letting it wind down and having reset it at next use.... i actually find myself using it to keep check on my quartz CW's :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Tomsolo wrote:.... i actually find myself using it to keep check on my quartz CW's :lol:
I think I may have to tweak your meds just a bit. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes

Post by Peteo »

I have to say as much as I love my C9 FLE, I haven't really payed much attention to its accuracy. It's clearly accurate enough, and I'm glad to see that it's doing well against user testing around here!
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Whilst I havn't got the C50 (not until CW does a dark dial and improves the dial lettering), the C9 FLE is one of the very best timekeepers I have ever owned and I would agree with the sentiment - almost perfectly regulated. Only eclipsed by my Longines AHP.

In my experience, COSC is no indicator of accuracy. Successive Rolex Chronometers pay testament to that despite being kept in a winder or worn. All part of their personality but I do wonder if it is a bit of a moneyspinner on the part of the Swiss :oops: :silent:
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue