2009 Watch of the Year Retrospective

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Which model was the most significant introduction for CWL in 2009?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 am

C60 Kingfisher
15%
C70 Series
No votes
C40 Speedhawk
68%
C600 Tri Tech
15%
C80 Sector
2%
W6 Kingfisher Splash
No votes
W7MKII Rapide
No votes
W8 Matisse
No votes
W80 Matisse Diamond
No votes

Total votes: 47

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

2009 Watch of the Year Retrospective

Post by Kip »

Following the recent conclusion of our "2010 Watch of the Year", it came up in some discussions that it was to bad we hadn't actually done this the past few years...that it would have been fun to now look back and see the progression of our choices and where CWL is today...especially since we expect the "Watch of the Year" (WOY) to become an annual event.

Unfortunately we cannot roll back the clock ,so to speak, to correct the oversight. After some further thought and discussions I present to you what we think is the next best thing.

We have decided to get caught up by having a retrospective WOY vote. This may be a bit tricky as we do not currently have photos of all models in the archives (a work in progress) nor are photos of all older or discontinued models available on the CWL website. Most notably missing are the ladies line.

Do the best you can as I am sure some photos will be posted by those that have them to help out.

I will put up a separate vote for year listing the models that were released during that calender year.

Doing this in retropect is a bit different than trying to decide what we will be the most significant release....now you are looking at what was the most significant release for each year.

Each poll will run for 2 weeks and you will get 1 vote for each year. You may change your vote until the poll closes.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: 2009 Watch of the Year Retrospective

Post by ianblyth »

That was easy. The first ETA Valjoux 7750 in the range and the first CWL that I bought that led me here.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin