FLE 2023 Launch Announcement

The eighth Forum Limited Edition
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: FLE 2023 Launch Announcement

Post by gannet »

alanrolfe01 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:09 pm Was I seeing things recently, but I'm pretty sure I read that this LE hasn't sold out due to returns/cancellations?

If this is correct could you please advise me of availability/prices.

My finances couldn't fit in with the initial project timetable.

Otherwise I'll be searching for either this LE or the Watchgecko LE since IMO these are the best looking CW's in years.
There were apparently some available, but my email got ignored with no reply whatsoever, so my money will go elsewhere!
These users thanked the author gannet for the post:
Trs1982
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

alanrolfe01 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:09 pm Was I seeing things recently, but I'm pretty sure I read that this LE hasn't sold out due to returns/cancellations?

If this is correct could you please advise me of availability/prices.

My finances couldn't fit in with the initial project timetable.

Otherwise I'll be searching for either this LE or the Watchgecko LE since IMO these are the best looking CW's in years.
I don’t know the status of any remaining FLE watches but it might be worth sending an email to beckie.murray@christopherward.co.uk and to peter.france@christopherward.co.uk
They are in charge of the bespoke department and should be able to help you out. Possibly give them a few days grace as I am aware they have so many projects they are dealing with and think that one of them might be on leave either now or soon.

Regards,
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@alanrolfe01

Previous post from February 13th
welshlad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:59 pm I am informed by CW that there are still a couple of FLEs available if anyone hasn't yet taken the plunge and is still tempted.

If you are interested, you need to be a member of the forum and then email Peter France at CW on peter.france@christopherward.co.uk
Peter or Beckie are your point of contact.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
welshlad
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

My FLE has returned after its second trip to Maidenhead for repairs. The packing slip says the date wheel was changed and it also looks like a new dial has been fitted.

My faith in CW has been severely tested over the last three months but it looks like it has now been sorted and I can hopefully get on with enjoying this great looking watch.

IMG_6576.jpeg
IMG_6577.jpeg
These users thanked the author OllyW for the post (total 5):
rkovarswelshladajax87Chris375Cpocock
Woody

Post by Woody »

Will there be an FLE 2024?
(asking for a friend)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Woody wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:39 pm Will there be an FLE 2024?
(asking for a friend)
Yes, in 2026 :lol:
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post (total 5):
Mikkei4nbgWoodyChris375thomcat00
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

OllyW wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:34 pm My FLE has returned after its second trip to Maidenhead for repairs. The packing slip says the date wheel was changed and it also looks like a new dial has been fitted.

My faith in CW has been severely tested over the last three months but it looks like it has now been sorted and I can hopefully get on with enjoying this great looking watch.
That’s brilliant! I’m so pleased yours have been sorted out properly!
Unfortunately every time I look at mine (particularly on the 11th) the date wheel shouts out at me. I’m a bit sad about it but not sure what I’m going to do about it either. The watch is stunning but it was quite a wait, to then have it not quite right. Like you, it’s tested me a bit. I’m also thinking I’m going to cancel the other CW I have on order. QC has proven to be dreadful and I don’t want to have another one go back twice when brand new. :(
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

monkeymax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 pm
That’s brilliant! I’m so pleased yours have been sorted out properly!
Unfortunately every time I look at mine (particularly on the 11th) the date wheel shouts out at me. I’m a bit sad about it but not sure what I’m going to do about it either. The watch is stunning but it was quite a wait, to then have it not quite right. Like you, it’s tested me a bit. I’m also thinking I’m going to cancel the other CW I have on order. QC has proven to be dreadful and I don’t want to have another one go back twice when brand new. :(
I think you should reach out again looking at the 22 on your previous pictures I don't think any customer should have to find it acceptable and nor should CW.

Even if it is a message to someone senior expressing your disappointment. If they had any integrity about them and pride in their brand they should personally take steps to make sure it is resolved.

I am surprised the organisers of the LE have not pushed this on your behalf yet unless they have and also received the same within tolerance nonsense.

Such phrases remind me of CW about 3-4 years ago. It may have been acceptable then but it is not now as they continue to aspire to a higher price point.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
monkeymax
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

monkeymax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 pm That’s brilliant! I’m so pleased yours have been sorted out properly!
It is really disappointing CW have not addressed your FLE. The date wheel on the photos you have shared clearly look wrong, so for them to say it is within tolerance is not good.

This was a watch designed and sold to enthusiasts who wanted their watches to be perfect. They must be aware some of us want them to be that way and not merely acceptable.
These users thanked the author iain for the post (total 2):
Tr3v0r86monkeymax
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Thanks both.
A1soknownas wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 pmI think you should reach out again looking at the 22 on your previous pictures I don't think any customer should have to find it acceptable and nor should CW.

Even if it is a message to someone senior expressing your disappointment. If they had any integrity about them and pride in their brand they should personally take steps to make sure it is resolved.
Yeah, I have been thinking this week another email may be worth doing (my last received no reply). I don’t really want the organisers on here to reach out though; this is a problem with me and CW and they’ve already gone above and beyond. I’ll sit down and send something this weekend.
These users thanked the author monkeymax for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSA1soknownas
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

monkeymax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:08 pm Thanks both.
A1soknownas wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 pmI think you should reach out again looking at the 22 on your previous pictures I don't think any customer should have to find it acceptable and nor should CW.

Yeah, I have been thinking this week another email may be worth doing (my last received no reply). I don’t really want the organisers on here to reach out though; this is a problem with me and CW and they’ve already gone above and beyond. I’ll sit down and send something this weekend.
I really do hope you can get it fixed and please feel free to use the photos of my watch from this thread with the misaligned date as a comparison with your watch.
These users thanked the author OllyW for the post (total 2):
monkeymaxA1soknownas
sy_scot

Post by sy_scot »

Thanks everyone for the nudge on the potential of being a few LE’s left. A very pleasant exchange with Peter and there is one winging its way to Singapore. It’s one of the most interesting releases I’ve seen and I can’t wait until it’s here.
These users thanked the author sy_scot for the post (total 6):
jbm90Chris375CpocockBahnstormer_vRSwelshladajax87
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

As I was perusing a few vintage watch sites (as one does in this hobby :lol: ) I came across a couple of interesting listings. I knew our design had classic undertones but, at least for my part, I didn't have any concrete inspiration during the process except for my own experience. But as these will show, I think our design is in good company!

Vintage Universal Geneve
Screenshot 2024-03-19 111016.png
Vintage Tudor
Screenshot 2024-03-19 111036.png
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
ajax87thomcat00
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London