Sold out
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Strap for Forum LE2009

Post by widge34 »

Still debating whether to buy a strap and replace bracelet on my LE2009.

Do CW make an alligator strap for the LE2009? If they do is it worth the extra cash over the £30 leather strap?
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: Strap for Forum LE2009

Post by CornishDave »

No idea if they make one but personally I would'nt pay extra for alligator. I was once sent a C5 with an alligator strap in a Nearly New sale and as I have gorilla arms I found the strap was nowhere near big enough. If you go down this route I would check the length of the strap before buying. If you have skinny wrists it will be fine I guess.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I have a C40 with the black alligator strap. They actually sent the watch one the normal strap first so I had a chance to look at it before getting the proper strap. I went for that strap as there was a 15% discount when I bought and thought that I would push the boat out as the discount covered the strap.

The normal strap was smooth black (with red stitching for C40). The alligator obviously has the "croc" look. In my opinion it is better but I am not sure whether it is worth the extra £100 that is charged. I am glad I went for it and it does give the watch a more expensive look but the strap does not seem thicker or more luxurious that other leather straps I have seen at a lower cost.

The strap is a little short. I usually take a link or 2 out of a bracelet. On this strap the buckle is in hole 4 from the end of the strap with 4 more holes to shorten it. Great if you have small wrists. Mine is about 180 to 185. This means the ends of the strap only just tucks into the buckle on the other side when it is closed and does not even cover hole 1. The other strap holder that is loose and slides (don't know what that is called) just fits over the bit of strap that is poking out.

I have some pics that I am planning to put up soon.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Thanks for the info Ian. I had a look on the CW site. The alligator strap is £130 and the leather is £30. I don't have huge wrists (7") so the leather strap would be fine. Can't decide if a black strap would look better than the bracelet. Because the watch is a fair bit heavier than my prevoius Citizen Eco drive, I'm not finding the bracelet 100% comfortable yet. May just need more wrist time.
springer
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by springer »

widge, is the clasp on the right way? Most of them have been sent out with the clasp the wrong way round. First thing I did was swap mine over, even before removing links for sizing. Took me a few days to find the right size that worked for me.
Out on the wiley, windy moors....

C2LE
S3SWS (the FPO's)
R20-DEC-SKK (ditto)
C6SOSI
C80GB1
C11-AUTO-BENZ-SKK

Member of the C80 Owners Club
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

I think bracelet is on the wrong way. I had 3 links taken out but found it slightly tight so took it back following day had one full link added back on then a half link taken out. Can't see how swapping bracelet around will make it better. I'm sure I'll get used to it just not had a watch as heavy as this before. Would be nice to see some owners photos with a black strap. Hans has a couple but would like to see more if anyone has some.
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

springer wrote:widge, is the clasp on the right way? Most of them have been sent out with the clasp the wrong way round. First thing I did was swap mine over, even before removing links for sizing. Took me a few days to find the right size that worked for me.

Although the logo on the butterfly clasp seems the wrong way round, the bar underneath that says Christopher Ward is right. If bracelet is swapped around then Christopher Ward on the bar will be upside down
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ianblyth »

I just looked at 6 of my watches with a similar type of folder clasp. They all fold the same way except the Forum LE watch. It does not seem to make a difference but I have not taken any links out yet. Just wondering whether to keep it safe as it is only 1 of 100 or wear it as it is so nice. :?

It looks like the pin that holds the strap in place is a standard push pin similar to the ones to remove when taking out links. Is that correct. It would be nice to have all my watchs shut the same way for consistency. Or is that another "feature" that makes this limited edition special? :)
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Well thats the way they all seem to be, so thats how mine is staying. :)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ianblyth »

Forgot the the Henley and Malvern have fold over clasps as well. They go the same way as the Forum LE. So it seems to be a CWL thing to have the fold over clasp in that direction and every other make I have does it the opposite way. I wonder if anyone at CWL is left handed?
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

ianblyth wrote:Forgot the the Henley and Malvern have fold over clasps as well. They go the same way as the Forum LE. So it seems to be a CWL thing to have the fold over clasp in that direction and every other make I have does it the opposite way. I wonder if anyone at CWL is left handed?
My Citizen Eco Drive is the opposite to the CW as well. Is Chris left handed??????
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Are the pins that attach the bracelet to the watch spring bars or push pins??
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

widge34 wrote:Are the pins that attach the bracelet to the watch spring bars or push pins??
Push pins in sleeves - no, not collars - what I can only describe as sleeves! (I know no better)
And they are b*****rs.

To prepare, you'll need a small jeweller's hammer, thin pin pushers, a dark cloth to work on (Tshirt?), to spend a few hours in contemplative relaxation, and to have saved up a few day's worth of expletives. Worked for me :)
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ianblyth »

Lucky then that I like my steel bracelet and having discovered that my Malvern and Henley are put on the same way then I can see no reason for changing the bracelet around. The Henley is difficult to adjust as the pins are so small. I had to go and buy some smaller push pins to deal with it.