Three new watches on the website

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: Three new watches on the website

Post by missF »

theemaadhatter wrote:In the bulleted "Features" on the website for the new chrono... "Polished steel small second hand"
scott calloway has just emailed to confirm that the small second hand is steel. i thought that was really decent of him since he could quite legitimately have told me to RTFM! :lol: :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Anyone knows why the chrono is called Dark Star? Sounds more like a name for a space watch.
MPL

Post by MPL »

I'm loving the Chrono 300!

I have 5 CW watches but none with the new logo - this one might just tempt me.
Fraserlees
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Fraserlees »

If the Chrono had a ceramic bezel i would be right there, but less keen on the standard bezel.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Fraserlees wrote:If the Chrono had a ceramic bezel i would be right there, but less keen on the standard bezel.
Reality of it is, with the quartz movement and 300 WR, it needs to have the aluminium bezel to blend into the range with other Trident 300 Quartz pieces.

It also moderated the price. Ceramic bezel would add a few £££ to the price.

Worth remembering that, if you buy it on the bracelet @ £565, or get the leather strap version with an additional strap, you will be able to use the 100SUN18 promo code for £100 off.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

nordwulf wrote:Anyone knows why the chrono is called Dark Star? Sounds more like a name for a space watch.
Not sure if "Dark Star" is the name of the watch... I think it is more like the tag-line of the marketing launch campaign?
Richard
Bahnstormer_vRS

downer wrote:
nordwulf wrote:Anyone knows why the chrono is called Dark Star? Sounds more like a name for a space watch.
Not sure if "Dark Star" is the name of the watch... I think it is more like the tag-line of the marketing launch campaign?
I'll run with that scenario Richard as 'Dark Star' is not mentioned at all on the watch details page;- C60 Trident Chronograph 300

Guy

nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

'Dark Star' sure is a lot easier to say and type than 'Christopher Ward C60 Trident Chronograph 300'. :)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

stefs wrote:I think the hornet is very fetching. Trouble is I am another that this will be too big for. I am convinced that at 40mm far fewerwould be eliminated by the size than 42mm. I know there are exceptions here but 40 really isnt a small watch for most and as I have said before it really wasnt that long ago that 36 to 38 was considered large for a wristwatch.
What watches were all the big wristers wearing 15-20years ago as I bet they were not 43 and upwards.

Anyway the hornet is cracking
The whole size question is fascinating, because our mindset can change over time and it can affect us in different ways.

A year or two back I spent a lot of time moaning about how anything over 40mm was too big. I am now wearing a 43mm Trident and loving it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ Which itself is interesting, as for many it’s the other way around - start big and then gradually reduce to case sizes of say 38-40mm.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

nbg wrote:^^^^ Which itself is interesting, as for many it’s the other way around - start big and then gradually reduce to case sizes of say 38-40mm

Neil
I think it depends on your age. My first ever watch was about the size of an old shilling, if that, and as I started buying my own they got up to about 36mm. It wasn't until as recently as 2005 that I bought my first 'bigger' watch and I loved it. And as you get older, the old eyes start needing some help, so I can't ever imagine going below 40mm again. But I'm lucky that my sweet spot is 42/43mm
'Tis me
msdsx
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by msdsx »

I think this is also about how you wear your watch. I have small wrists and was concerned about strap sizing on my newly ordered Trident (38mm). What I wasn't conscious of until I checked the strap length on my current watch the fact I wear it loose. Wrist size 16.25mm, but inner strap length closer to 17.5mm. That means my watch hangs forward in normal use which I prefer, can't stand it tight on my wrist. I guess that also makes a difference to how it looks and the watch size must make a difference there too.
Mark
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed"
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra, Rolex Milgauss, CW Trident Pro 600, C30 Malvern Chronometer, TAG Muhammad Ali Limited Edition, Bremont S300, Mercer Airfoil, Citizen, Casio, etc...
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Caller wrote:
nbg wrote:^^^^ Which itself is interesting, as for many it’s the other way around - start big and then gradually reduce to case sizes of say 38-40mm

Neil
I think it depends on your age. My first ever watch was about the size of an old shilling, if that, and as I started buying my own they got up to about 36mm. It wasn't until as recently as 2005 that I bought my first 'bigger' watch and I loved it. And as you get older, the old eyes start needing some help, so I can't ever imagine going below 40mm again. But I'm lucky that my sweet spot is 42/43mm
Agree re the age thing. All my old watches were about 36mm. It was more a nod to the watch wearing habits often seen when folk join watch forums - trying out large watches, before deciding to drop down in size, albeit to watches that are still bigger than they wore, before they had a “collection”.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I haven't seen any of these 3 new watches show up on the interwebs yet. Many here seem to like (some of) them but nobody is buying? Usually a few pictures show up after a new release.
Bahnstormer_vRS

There's a C7 Hornet with my name on it, but I will only be getting it in my hands at the end of the month.

You'll have to wait.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk