C65 Trident - what's next?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C65 Trident - what's next?

Post by DISJT »

Possible indication of how the recessed twin flag logo might look.....(from latest loupe magazine, on the new Morgan watch)

CHRIS
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

DISJT wrote:Possible indication of how the recessed twin flag logo might look.....(from latest loupe magazine, on the new Morgan watch)

That looks great! (the logo, that is)
Drew
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Kip wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote:Last time I was at the Showroom (around October) the expected date of release was April this year.
I think we are actually looking at late May or June.
Just heard early May from the headshed
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

srs1286 wrote:
Kip wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote:Last time I was at the Showroom (around October) the expected date of release was April this year.
I think we are actually looking at late May or June.
Just heard early May from the headshed
I'm off to the showroom tomorrow - returning a 2017 FLE and looking at the new Blue Trident, comparing it to my Scooter blue.
I'll see what they have re. the C65 and others.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

^^^ Especially curious if they plan to do a non-bezel version of the vintage diver. Certainly something is in the works to replace the 43mm C65's? Hopefully something in the 41mm range.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

srs1286 wrote:^^^ Especially curious if they plan to do a non-bezel version of the vintage diver. Certainly something is in the works to replace the 43mm C65's? Hopefully something in the 41mm range.

I'll ask Declan nicely and report back.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Mikkei4 wrote:
srs1286 wrote:^^^ Especially curious if they plan to do a non-bezel version of the vintage diver. Certainly something is in the works to replace the 43mm C65's? Hopefully something in the 41mm range.

I'll ask Declan nicely and report back.
:thumbup:
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

They discontinued the C60 Vintage so must not have been a big seller. Hopefully they will also have a version of the C65 diver with non-vintage colors/lume.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

nordwulf wrote:They discontinued the C60 Vintage so must not have been a big seller.
Not necessarily, could simply be that a new vintage diver would cannibalize the sales of the C60 vintage diver so may as well clear them out. Feel like I see quite a few of the vintage C60's around here.
nordwulf wrote:Hopefully they will also have a version of the C65 diver with non-vintage colors/lume.
Don't disagree with this one. I don't mind the new logo and think the recessed twin flags will look great at 12, but a crisp bright white logo with aged lume can look a bit odd.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

I've was told today at the Showroom that there are no plans for a non-bezel Vintage diver as the C65 Vintage edition 38mm non (or smooth) bezel is still in their range.

The new C65 Vintage Diver will be released early May (possibly as early as 1st May) as stated in other recent posts, hand wound 41mm, rotating bezel, probably a few colours.

Unfortunately there were no watch bodies available to view as they were off-site being photographed and I'm not sure they would have shown any even if they were there as I got the impression it's still "under the wraps" at the moment but I understand that the look will be similar to the existing C65 re. shape of hands, as can probably be seen anyway from the bits shown in photos in Loupe.

There will be a GMT version released later that will be a little thicker, have a fixed bezel, a couple or a few colour variations with contrasting GMT hand.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Mikkei4 wrote:
I've was told today at the Showroom that there are no plans for a non-bezel Vintage diver as the C65 Vintage edition 38mm non (or smooth) bezel is still in their range.

The new C65 Vintage Diver will be released early May (possibly as early as 1st May) as stated in other recent posts, hand wound 41mm, rotating bezel, probably a few colours.

Unfortunately there were no watch bodies available to view as they were off-site being photographed and I'm not sure they would have shown any even if they were there as I got the impression it's still "under the wraps" at the moment but I understand that the look will be similar to the existing C65 re. shape of hands, as can probably be seen anyway from the bits shown in photos in Loupe.

There will be a GMT version released later that will be a little thicker, have a fixed bezel, a couple or a few colour variations with contrasting GMT hand.
Cheers for the info. It’s the GMT I’m holding out to see, but purely on the basis of being an automatic. Hand wound just doesn’t appeal to me at all for some reason. A little disappointed that the GMT will be fixed bezel though
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

^^^ Thanks Mikkei. I am getting hung up on handwound as well. We will see!