Ending my association with CW.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Ending my association with CW.

Post by Tyke »

I have been giving this some serious consideration over the past few weeks and realising that I'm never likely to wear the two CW's I have left in my collection I've come to the conclusion that I should let them go. I only tend to wear my Alpina Seastong as my daily beater with the occasional foray with my Steinhart Aviation Vintage. This is a tough call, the C4BBMF is a watch I said I'd never let go, the C80 Sector a watch I sold, repurchased and said I'd never sell again but if they are going to spend eternity in a watch box then that's a crying shame if someone else might enjoy them.

As for any more CW's, that's highly unlikely so as they say, when they're gone........

Now the hunt in the loft starts for the boxes...... :lol: And the C4 needs a battery :problem:
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Ending my association with CW.

Post by golfjunky »

Are you staying on the forum?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

golfjunky wrote:Are you staying on the forum?
I'll more than likely hang around, it will be interesting to see the next FLE, I do like the new CW's (except for you know what :silent: ) but far too many issues with their back office to ever risk chucking more money in their direction.

The forum is a good place to be, the nonCW content is always great and the forumites an entertaining bunch.
Skipper
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by Skipper »

:wuah:
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Tyke wrote:
golfjunky wrote:Are you staying on the forum?
I'll more than likely hang around, it will be interesting to see the next FLE, I do like the new CW's (except for you know what :silent: ) but far too many issues with their back office to ever risk chucking more money in their direction.

The forum is a good place to be, the nonCW content is always great and the forumites an entertaining bunch.
ATM I agree with you Hence not having a CW in the collection for ages maybe even all of 2017 tbh I can't remember when I sold my last piece.

Hope you stay around
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Good of you to stick it out there. Being here for a long time and seeing many changes it's good to get varying opinions on CW.

Stick around.. like me... you never know what they may produce next
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

I agree - no point hanging on to watches you aren't wearing, would be better to see pics of them on someone else's wrist. If CW sort out the backend and you like the new models there's no reason you can't reassociate in the future...

Glad you're not planning to leave the forum :)
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Skipper wrote::wuah:
Love the fact you are crying tears of anguish after hearing I'm sticking around! :lol: I'm really touched
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

suicidal_orange wrote:I agree - no point hanging on to watches you aren't wearing, would be better to see pics of them on someone else's wrist. If CW sort out the backend and you like the new models there's no reason you can't reassociate in the future...

Glad you're not planning to leave the forum :)
Catch 22, no longer have the faith in them delivering correctly, on time etc to risk ordering anything, the only way to restore the faith would be to order something........This weeks latest bunch of missed order times wrong items sent and lack of communication make me realise the lip service to sorting things out seems to be just that.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

Tyke, there are lots of members here whom don't own a CW including myself. It has always been my flipper motto that if its not being worn, sell it and buy something that will get worn.

I know you haven,t mentioned anything about not being around on the forum by not owning a CW so don,t know where that came from but it certainly would be slightly duller if you wasn't.

GLWTS :thumbup:
Graham
Skipper
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 12

Post by Skipper »

Tyke wrote:
Skipper wrote::wuah:
Love the fact you are crying tears of anguish after hearing I'm sticking around! :lol: I'm really touched
Was it that evident? :lol:

Seriously, I understand you, and the line that made me cry was, as you can suppose:
Tyke wrote:As for any more CW's, that's highly unlikely so as they say, when they're gone........
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Really hoping you stick around Tyke, I enjoy your dry humour and directness.

Must agree with you on the current CW lineup and also agree with your decision to move on the 2 watches that are getting no wrist time.

I have 5 CW watches that I do wear frequently, but they are all older logo designs and there is literally nothing in the current lineup I have any interest in other than the 2017 FLE - and that's in spite of the :silent:

I do have one more old logo design I want to add to my collection and I sincerely hope that future CW designs can re-ignite my, and your, enthusiasm for the brand.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

It's interesting to read these comments. I own 8 older CW watches (with the former logos). They're all great in their own way, but looking at the new lineup there's no doubt these are the strongest watches CW have ever come up with; either from the design or even cohesiveness of it all. I do like the new logo, so I guess that could be jading the watches for some people. The upcoming FLE seemed like an affordable way to try it all out, and I'm looking forward to it. If I had any doubt about the customer service, I would have never put in my deposit.

Tyke, hope you can find something to keep in your collection. Maybe just let one go?
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Sold my last CW a couple of months back and like you can't see myself buying another,but please stick around :thumbup:
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Glad you are sticking around on the forum. When the 2017 FLE arrives, you might find you like it....and you'll re-start your association.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way