tommo81 - Jan 2017

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
tommo81
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

tommo81 - Jan 2017

Post by tommo81 »

In order of acquisition:

Breitling Colt
A present for my 21st birthday and worn daily for the next ten years. Will probably remain my only quartz but useful as a time keeper in the box.

Seiko OM
Could move this one on. Its too big for me but a nice beater to have for camping (great lume).

Orient Star Classic
Cheap n cheerful, great value.

Stowa Antea KS
Bought in a hurry when I needed a watch for my wedding day and I only had my OM with me (overseas wedding). My only regret is not having my wedding date engraved on the rotor, as offered by Stowa.

SKX007
I prefer the modded bezel, gives it a pinch of the Explorer 1 (just a pinch).

C60 GMT
A recent acquisition in the sale. The GMT function is my favourite complication - something pleasing about being able to track the UK time without having to think about it (Im a Brit in Australia). Great versatility - used recently on a weekend's diving trip on the Great Barrier Reef followed up by with office appointments on the Monday. I can live with the poor legibility of the dial but I would like to see a true GMT bezel on it.

Universal Geneve Polerouter

trying out different straps

Group shots

Gone:
Bulova 96A102 Hack Watch. I bought this off the back of Worn and Wound review. I was amazed how light and cheap it felt, I'll never trust W&W's reviews again!

Future targets
Looking for a chronograph. Maybe a Speedmaster reduced, cant find many chrono options in the sub 40mm category. Was considering a Girard Perregaux chronograph 49480.

Hope you enjoyed.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: tommo81 - Jan 2017

Post by Kip »

Very nice collection.

Despite my love for the C60, I think the UG Polerouter is the real prize in your collection. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
tommo81
Senior
Senior

Post by tommo81 »

Thanks Kip, I've enjoyed having some gold in the collection. Think I might flog the Orient to make space for a vintage Omega.
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Arbor22 »

A good mix, i do like the Orient, it certainly punches above its weight. I know what you mean RE the white face C6O im always in two minds as to whether to move mine on, otherwise its a great watch.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

Kip wrote:Despite my love for the C60, I think the UG Polerouter is the real prize in your collection.

I agree , nice collection , but the UG Polerouter does stand out .
Bernie
tommo81
Senior
Senior

Post by tommo81 »

tempusmaximus wrote:
Kip wrote:Despite my love for the C60, I think the UG Polerouter is the real prize in your collection.

I agree , nice collection , but the UG Polerouter does stand out .
Interesting you should both say that. It is in the same price bracket as a few of the others but it definitely feels more precious on my wrist. Don't know whether that's the vintage appeal, the colour, or just a prettier design.
Oseberg
Junior
Junior

Post by Oseberg »

Very balanced collection. Agree on the attractiveness of the PoleRouter, a pretty good one. You've covered the "sporty" side, why not a blue dialled Nomos now ?
Chr Ward Trident C60 GMT600
Rolex Explorer 214270
Nomos Tangente affichage réserve de marche
Seiko 5 B-Uhr
Rotary Ocean Avenger
tommo81
Senior
Senior

Post by tommo81 »

Oseberg wrote:Very balanced collection. Agree on the attractiveness of the PoleRouter, a pretty good one. You've covered the "sporty" side, why not a blue dialled Nomos now ?
I have been looking for something blue actually. The Halios Seaforth caught my eye recently

- but youre probably right, I have enough sporty watches with the C60 and Breitling. I also want to keep the collection tight, tempting though it is to keep adding more.

I tried on a Nomos Orion recently and decided there was too much overlap with my Stowa Antea KS. A blue one might be different enough to justify, but they only do a limited edition version in the larger size, which is also much more expensive.