The best fake Rolex I've ever seen!

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Zen
CW-watches: 1

The best fake Rolex I've ever seen!

Post by Zen »

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sincere-watch/re-sub-bk/

I must say it appeals to the punk in me. Would anyone else consider getting one? :lol:

On a more serious note, a few years ago my Rolex Oyster Perpetual was stolen from my home. :? The watch was a gift from my father, who purchased the watch the day I was born and I was hoping to hand it down to my son.

Anyway I've been looking for another 1965 Rolex, but began to think of other watches around that year. Are there any timepieces that you can recommend up to $3000 that I can purchase as a family heirloom.

Uncle Bill? Anyone who is an expert on vintage pieces?

Christ, it's hard to think of myself as "vintage", considering I'm contemplating buying the aforementioned fake!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: The best fake Rolex I've ever seen!

Post by Kip »

It has no interest for me. I would rather put the money toward that vintage Rolex you are looking for.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Definitely not. :forbidden:

Take a deep breath,have a beer and come to your senses!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

1960's - a wealth of interests, but which ones? Depends on your taste. Remember they tend to be of unfashionably small diameter, as you remember from your Rolex. I've looked at Brittons for some years and learned much, so you might care to give it a look. I've given the URL before...http://brittons-watches.co.uk/NEW_SITE/index.htm
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

8)
Zen
CW-watches: 1

Post by Zen »

Oops - forgot to put the appropriate smiley in my last post. Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. Just wanted to make a comment that if you were going to buy a fake you might as well go ALL the way!!!

Thanks UB. I'll check out the site.

For a "family heirloom" I want something timeless in design and something that marks that era. For example, I like the idea of an Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch because they were first NASA certified in 1965, the year of my birth, but you know what, I've never really liked the style! (Please, no hitting!) As much as I can appreciate the history, the dial's a little too busy for my taste.

I do like the Submariners and the Oyster Perpetual Date Adjust. I've also been looking at Omega Seamasters and Longines models. And UB, your right; a lot of "vintage" watches are quite small.

Are there any 60's watches that are at least around 37-38 mm that any of you know of, or other brands that I'm not aware of that I could look at?

I suppose the real question is given my parameters what 60s watch would you gentlemen want to hand down to your children as a legacy?
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Uncle Bill »

Eterna - the Eternamatics; or Zenith...a nice gold handwound Zenith - or perhaps look for a late-model gold-cased Smiths Astral. All of these have lovely movements and are fine watches...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
pyrrhusmj
CW-watches: 3

Post by pyrrhusmj »

I actually kinda like the clear plastic. Reminds me of my first swatch, but more "refined"......... :)
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

I would have it for comedic value.
Stefaan
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Stefaan »

The name and the logo combined are hilarious.
okwhynot
Senior
Senior

Post by okwhynot »

OK....
Bought one of these a while back http://www.pantar.cc/collection.htm found someone selling on e-bay
cost me less than £200 and came with a choice of easy to change shark and kevlar straps. They dont have much of a collection but looks and feels great and it might be a suitable alternative.
No complaints here anyway.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Not something I'd wear but it's kind of fun. A lady was in my workplace this week wearing a clear plastic watch that was clearly a Sub homage. Looked more like a toy but as an inexpensive fashion accessory I thought it worked and went well with her outfit.
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

El Tiempo wrote:A lady was in my workplace this week wearing a clear plastic watch that was clearly a Sub homage.

It might have been one of these

http://www.toywatchusa.com

There are a lot of plastic watches about but these Toywatches are supposed to be the ones to have. Apparantly the stars love them. Of course many of today's stars have pretty poor taste anyway. I get the fact that the girls might like them but the boys who say they like them worry me. One suspects they might also have a secret desire to wear frilly underwear underneath their pink tutu.

:shock:
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by President »

Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Uncle Bill »

'the boys who say they like them worry me. One suspects they might also have a secret desire to wear frilly underwear underneath their pink tutu.'.....will you please not denigrate my Friday night social club preferences, please?....UB... [-X