Steinhart Ocean Two bracelet

A place to discuss other watch-brands
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Steinhart Ocean Two bracelet

Post by FieryTowse »

I spotted a thread on watchuseek which confirmed availability of the bracelet for the Ocean Two. This is a picture from the thread, thanks to Neleus Orpheus:

I was informed by Neleus Orpheus (a very helpful chap) who also recently purchased a C60 bracelet that it's a match for quality, but at less than half the price. Having contacted Steinhart and placed an order on the basis of their reply, I was stunned that it's actually nearer a third than it is half the price of a C60 bracelet. I'll report back on quality when it arrives.
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Re: Steinhart Ocean Two bracelet

Post by FieryTowse »

It seems I was a touch hasty proclaiming the cost as nearly a third of that for the C60 bracelet as VAT hadn't been taken into account, but it is indeed well under half. Not much of a dent in the fund for my next purchase then!

The links are screwed, all are solid including ends, centre links are polished, the clasp is a flip-lock affair and there doesn't appear to be much of a taper (maybe 22mm to 20mm), similar to the O1.

Cannae wait!
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Steinhart Ocean Two
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I have purchased a bracelet from Steinhart but not this one. The quality and weight were exceptional I have to say, so if yours is of similar quality you are going to be delighted!
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I have to say that looks excellent and great value to boot.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I have always thought that the CWL bracelets were on the pricey side (as is the NATOs) but not so compared to Breitling, Omega etc bracelets.

Incredibly good solid SS bracelets from TSS at £30. Just have straight edges rather than curved to the watch case.
http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/mwb/stainless.html

The T32 is similar in style to old C4/C7 bracelets but with proper divers clasp.

If they can do them for that price then I am sure others can as well.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

FieryTowse wrote:I spotted a thread on watchuseek which confirmed availability of the bracelet for the Ocean Two. This is a picture from the thread, thanks to Neleus Orpheus:

I was informed by Neleus Orpheus (a very helpful chap) who also recently purchased a C60 bracelet that it's a match for quality, but at less than half the price. Having contacted Steinhart and placed an order on the basis of their reply, I was stunned that it's actually nearer a third than it is half the price of a C60 bracelet. I'll report back on quality when it arrives.
I am thinking of ordering one of these myself and unsure whether to go for the bracelet or the treated leather (which i assume will be waterproof) so would be really keen to know what you think of the ocean 2. Is it the standard or blue you have gone for and have you seen one in the flesh?
thanks
stefs
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
downer

Post by downer »

The bracelet looks great on the Ocean two, and appears to be terrific value for money. :thumbup:
Richard
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

It certainly does. I'll be ordering this evening.
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
agullery
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by agullery »

I had been considering the same thing, Ocean 2 but was undecided between leather or stainless. In an ideal world I'd order stainless with the leather as an option but there doesn't seem to be that option, I.e. you don't seem to be able to order the leather strap which is standard figment to the leather Ocean 2......
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

stefs wrote:
FieryTowse wrote:I spotted a thread on watchuseek which confirmed availability of the bracelet for the Ocean Two. This is a picture from the thread, thanks to Neleus Orpheus:

I am thinking of ordering one of these myself and unsure whether to go for the bracelet or the treated leather (which i assume will be waterproof) so would be really keen to know what you think of the ocean 2. Is it the standard or blue you have gone for and have you seen one in the flesh?
thanks
stefs
The standard leather has a rubber coating on the outer side only, so at best I'd describe it as water resistant. I certainly wouldn't swim with it on. I have the white lumed version as appears in the photo above. It's a lovely watch.
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Steinhart Ocean Two
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

agullery wrote:I had been considering the same thing, Ocean 2 but was undecided between leather or stainless. In an ideal world I'd order stainless with the leather as an option but there doesn't seem to be that option, I.e. you don't seem to be able to order the leather strap which is standard figment to the leather Ocean 2......
Steinhart are a bit slow at updating their website at times. You'd have no trouble ordering both if you get in touch via the website.
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Steinhart Ocean Two
macka splaff

Post by macka splaff »

FieryTowse wrote:
agullery wrote:I had been considering the same thing, Ocean 2 but was undecided between leather or stainless. In an ideal world I'd order stainless with the leather as an option but there doesn't seem to be that option, I.e. you don't seem to be able to order the leather strap which is standard figment to the leather Ocean 2......
Steinhart are a bit slow at updating their website at times. You'd have no trouble ordering both if you get in touch via the website.

I ordered from them recently and the website said the watch would be shipped in August.

It came last Monday!!
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

Ahh, how quickly one forgets how long it takes to get a tracking number from Steinhart. It would be charming if it wasn't for the fact that it's so bloody frustrating.
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Steinhart Ocean Two
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

Well, I ordered my O2 bracelet on Saturday and got a despatch email today :thumbup:

(Of course that doesn't mean I've got the bracelet, but it looks promising: they don't track straps and bracelets)
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
Trophy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Trophy »

I looked at the Steinhart website and couldn't see the bracelet we're all talking about here for the Ocean 2.

Would somebody be kind enough to post a link (if that's allowed of course) or maybe PM me one.

Thanks.

Trophy