An evening of Pepsi and Root Beer....

A place to discuss other watch-brands
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

An evening of Pepsi and Root Beer....

Post by nbg »

Went to an ADs Baselworld event last night and had the opportunity to try on a few of the new releases.

Unfortunately what would normally be a short journey, turned into an hour and a half stuck in traffic, which meant less time to try stuff on.

A few pics:
My two favourites:

Really impressed with the BB58.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: An evening of Pepsi and Root Beer....

Post by albionphoto »

Lovely pictures. I hope it was a good event despite the traffic. Did anything get the credit card twitching?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Good to see these pictures, as I missed my Rolex trip a couple of weeks ago.

I've seen pictures of the ceramic pepsi on oyster before, but I'm quite surprised to see it at a Rolex event? Interested to know which bracelet combo you preferred, Neil?

The root beer continues to impress (although I'd never buy one), and I expect it will be easier to buy at RRP than the pepsi.

As for the Tudor's, both very nice, but for me, I doubt either of them would be worth trading my BBR for. However, if (when) a BB58 red is released...
Richard
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Arbor22 »

Nice comparison pic of the tudor / Rolex pepsi. When seen together I actually prefer the Tudor, less bling, simpler bezel and face.
The more I see it the more I like it
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^
@albionphoto - whilst I did really like the TT Root Beer GMT, I think that any short term credit card twitch would be reserved for the BB58

@downer - the ceramic Pepsi on Oyster was the new blue dial version for the existing WG model. The dial looks blue is certain lighting, I.e. in the lit cabinet, but on the wrist, at the angle I took it looks black. The Root Beer TT would be my preference compared to either of the TT Subs, or the YG TT GMT - but I think I would still probably find myself wanting to put it on an SS bracelet, which is a bit bonkers.

As for Oyster or Jubilee, I think I prefer the Oyster on the GMT, although I am taken by some of the DJs on a Jubilee.

There were two SS Pepsi GMTs “in the wild” - my old one and the new ceramic one on the wrist of a chap I got chatting to. He had got fed up waiting for a SS DayC and had bought a preowned WG model from them instead, but ended up top of the list for the SS Pepsi.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they come out with other versions of the BB58.

@arbor22 - one point that I hadn’t noticed before was that the snowflake hands on the GMT look slightly slimmer than on the BB58.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Oh, I see. I didn't detect the blue dial - or the WG case. :oops:
Richard
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Interesting to see these photos Neil.

Here's a few comparison shots of the BB GMT and the BBN ETA. I hadn't noticed but yes the hands are slimmer on the GMT.

I'll be very keen to see a BB 58 in the metal. The dial looks very like my BBN in photos so assume most of the difference is in the case size and depth. Sure to be a winner.ImageImageImage

Of the Rolexes, I really like the Root Beer, not so keen on the new Pepsi GMT, I think it is the bezel and jubilee bracelet, but then I'm probably biased towards oyster bracelets (BB's and SubC) and the Tudor GMT now that I own that.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way