Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Thegreyman »

Got the watch into the basket, checked out with paypal within 30 seconds of the sale going live.....clicked confirm purchase....your basket has been updated, out of stock :grumble: :censored: :thumbdown: :datz: :kopfwand:

Did quite fancy the pastel blue, ah well saved myself a few quid.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Jokerman

Post by scooter »

Went there, done that, same as.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Jokerman

Post by Thegreyman »

scooter wrote:Went there, done that, same as.

scooter
I share your pain.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

i completely spaced on it, swamped at work. no bananarama for me. i think i've only seen 2-3 people i know who made it through in time. most lost it before completing cart.

jason has gotten too popular for his company size. and probably too many speculators as well.
the "g" is for Greg...
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

Yeah, looks like all versions of the Seaforth sold out in a few minutes. I'm just glad I didn't have to worry about it this time since I'm a member of the "Dirty Thirty." Don't hate me please!!! 8)
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Greetings,

It seems third time lucky is not always true but maybe it is....................................................

https://halioswatches.com/blogs/journal ... -ii-update

Like others, got as far as Paypal only to be told now out of stock!

All sold within two minutes, I wonder what the production numbers were on this run, any idea?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

IF, a big IF I think, anybody was successful in ordering 1 - Congratulations.

For the rest of us and Jason I think this is just a big shame and I feel sorry it works this way. It's obvious that this small brand is many many times more popular than the small production phases can cope with. I hope that true Halios watch fans and wearers were the successful purchasers and that they don't end up being sold at inflated prices once they are despatched but that's the way of this watch world if they do. For once I was actually awake at the late hour of the watches being available but didn't think there was any point in looking.

I would love to have 1 of the proposed GMT Seaforth models but what's the chance of that and really what's the point even of trying. I would buy the dark blue GMT even if it was produced in the quantities of a Swatch or Seiko or any other bog-standard watch release because for me it matches everything I've been looking for in a GMT for months/years at a decent price and at a decent size.

I have no doubt that the third release phase of Seaforths stated on his website will go the same way as this batch, i.e be sold out in 2 minutes. (how is that technically possible?) It'd be stupid of me to suggest a solution but at least the new website didn't crash.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Just makes me appreciate my first batch pastel more now! 3 minutes, yikes! Good luck to anyone who ordered, the wait will be painful.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

I had completed the purchase in less than 1 minute and the pastel blue was gone. It did then seem to give me the choice of trying to buy the yellow or grey but by then I couldn't be bothered going through the rigmarole of paypal checkout again only to be told they were out of stock. In any case it was really the pastel blue I was after. I could have possibly still got one of the other models but I wasn't buying just to sell and make a profit....perhaps unlike some of the people who did buy...present company excepted.
Patrick

theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by theemaadhatter »

It arrived. It is stunning. I fully understand the popularity now and for the price it is hard to beat. The color and finish are spectacular. I don't think pictures do it justice, but I hope to show more in a blog post soon, and maybe a video. There is just a bit of frost-like texture to the pastel blue dial. Just...wow.

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

You were very lucky.

Congratulations on a lovely looking watch.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by theemaadhatter »

^^^ very very lucky...for the first time in years! A permanent addition to my box.

Someone has already listed a pastel blue fixed on eBay for $1,500. It's a shame more enthusiasts couldn't have got them for the original price directly from Jason instead of via someone looking to buy so they can flip at a profit. Though according to Jason's communications there will be a pre-order for another round of Seaforths. Another chance for people in the near future.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^ :cuinlove: :rate10:
Patrick

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

theemaadhatter wrote:^^^ very very lucky...for the first time in years! A permanent addition to my box.

Someone has already listed a pastel blue fixed on eBay for $1,500. It's a shame more enthusiasts couldn't have got them for the original price directly from Jason instead of via someone looking to buy so they can flip at a profit. Though according to Jason's communications there will be a pre-order for another round of Seaforths. Another chance for people in the near future.
Congratulations on managing to get that lovely watch.

I feel sorry for Jason. He is producing some really lovely designs but at such low volumes that every batch will continue to attract buyers that are after a quick turnover profit rather than true fans that want to buy and keep the watch.

I'd love to buy 1 of the proposed dark blue GMTs but just can't see that happening. Never mind, that's the world we live in and there's many many other people in it that have greater concerns.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Welcome to the club! #teampastel
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex