Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

A place to discuss other watch-brands
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by theemaadhatter »

^^^ man I love my pastel dive, but that grey with sapphire is right up there with it!
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Haven't quite caught on to the hype on these but see this thread pop up frequently and noticed appreciate in value. Is it just the unusual colors? Specs don't look anything too special. Miyota movement likely isn't the selling point but it does have good dimensions. Little baffled with the popularity.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Thanks for the info Guy. I've sent an email but not holding my breath. The pastel with dive bezel was the one I tried to buy first time round before it vanished from my cart :(
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thegreyman wrote:Thanks for the info Guy. I've sent an email but not holding my breath. The pastel with dive bezel was the one I tried to buy first time round before it vanished from my cart :(
Good luck Patrick [fingers crossed and holding breath for you] :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

srs1286 wrote:Haven't quite caught on to the hype on these but see this thread pop up frequently and noticed appreciate in value. Is it just the unusual colors? Specs don't look anything too special. Miyota movement likely isn't the selling point but it does have good dimensions. Little baffled with the popularity.
Handle one (if you can find one!) they're great.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by theemaadhatter »

srs1286 wrote:Haven't quite caught on to the hype on these but see this thread pop up frequently and noticed appreciate in value. Is it just the unusual colors? Specs don't look anything too special. Miyota movement likely isn't the selling point but it does have good dimensions. Little baffled with the popularity.
You might be looking at specs for the first version or the Puck. The Seaforth II has an ETA 2824. I should have my review (video, pictures, and commentary) posted by sometime this evening (I'm state side). I'll share it when I'm done.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

^^^ Great look forward to it. Can't help but feel like I'm missing something.
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by theemaadhatter »

Here you go...pics, video, and commentary. I'm sure @TigerChris will also appreciate the teasing...

http://watchcomplications.com/2018/02/1 ... aforth-ii/

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

srs1286 wrote:^^^ Great look forward to it. Can't help but feel like I'm missing something.
It’s the FD phenomenon.

Every so often there appears a brand or a watch that captures the imagination of the forum – for a time. These are known as Forum Darlings. When I first joined the forum but in 2011 one might have been forgiven for thinking one had joined a Steinhart form.

Since then there have been periods of noise about Nomos, Magrette, and so on. The last one seems to have been the Bulova Moonwatch.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
koimaster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by koimaster »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
srs1286 wrote:^^^ Great look forward to it. Can't help but feel like I'm missing something.
It’s the FD phenomenon.

Every so often there appears a brand or a watch that captures the imagination of the forum – for a time. These are known as Forum Darlings. When I first joined the forum but in 2011 one might have been forgiven for thinking one had joined a Steinhart form.

Since then there have been periods of noise about Nomos, Magrette, and so on. The last one seems to have been the Bulova Moonwatch.
Stowa fits that bill as does doxa. Halios is the flavor of the month it appears. What brand is waiting in the wings?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

theemaadhatter wrote:Here you go...pics, video, and commentary. I'm sure @TigerChris will also appreciate the teasing...

http://watchcomplications.com/2018/02/1 ... aforth-ii/

Thanks and good review. You seem very happy with it!
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
It’s the FD phenomenon.

Makes sense. I have been around for at least the Bulova Moonwatch obsession and have caught wind of the Nomos phase. Looks like Jason has done a good job with them and I do see the appeal to the colors. Unique and beautiful.

That said I like a more subdued watch face while adding some color with the straps. Sort of like painting a house... paint neutral colors and add some color / accents with some window shutters. You all are the crazy people on the block that paint their entire house Bahama Yellow and pastel blue :lol: .
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I'm not sure it is FD syndrome, they're changing hands for twice retail price... I think it's just one of those designs that people demand and are willing to pay for, but there's very limited supply.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

yeah, i have to agree. unless by FD you mean the darling of every watch forum. and instagram. it's far more than just this forum.

is it a flash? not sure. the tropik wasn't *this* crazy, but i could probably sell it today for original retail price and it's 3+ years old. halios has always held its value because jason has always made smaller quantities and then moved on to new models. tropik was the first one he did more than one batch of. 2-3 years ago people were paying pretty big premiums for the original halios puck because there just weren't that many out there, so they disappeared above retail price for 1-2 year old watches.
the "g" is for Greg...
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Does anyone want my slot. It’s for the pastel blue with diver bezel. For some reason it’s only $690usd on halios but the eu rep wants €725eur
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.