A place to discuss other watch-brands
stinker
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Bit of advice needed

Post by stinker »

Hi.
I acquired a mens 34mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual and I am looking to sell it. It has never been worn and still has it's sticky bits on it. The only downside if it is one is that on the back plate is a hard rock cafe logo. It is a staff gift for when you work 10 years there. Unlike other branded ones I have seen like dominos who do the same thing. The logo can not been seen. What I am asking is. What is a fair price to sell it for? Thinking of throwing it on ebay and wondering if I should do buy it now with offers or just let an auction run.

Thank you.
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: Bit of advice needed

Post by tempus fugit »

Pictures please?
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

FFS just got my 5 year bonus £250 I'll bid you that if it helps :thumbup: :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We cannot suggest a price for you, but I am certain that some suggestions of where to look for comparable item sales will be brought forth.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

If you put 'Rolex Oyster hard rock' into Google, a number of entries come up.

Try the same with ebay?

Have you a price in mind that you'll be happy with? If so, just sling it on ebay with that as the starting price for an auction listing.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Another option in case there aren't many Hard Rock ones for sale elsewhere to give you a comparison. Try chrono24 where you can search on many filters so you can put in your model year, case size etc and you should find a number of identical watches to give you an idea of the max price you might achieve. What will then come into play will be the discount to the "normal" price for a watch with an engraved case back...I'm guessing 10-30% but that's not based on any science.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
SouthLondonEagle
Senior
Senior

Post by SouthLondonEagle »

Why don't you contact Rolex and see what it might cost to replace the 'Hard Rock' part. It may be fair bit but you may well recoup it (and much more). Just a thought.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

kiter65 wrote:FFS just got my 5 year bonus £250 I'll bid you that if it helps :thumbup: :lol:
Must be nice. I got a pen and a keychain for 15 years. Nothing like working for government.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Here's one at 3,500 Euros, being sold as a Hard Rock "edition"

http://www.relojeslahora.com/en/relojes ... hard-rock/

I guess if the case back just says a generic "Hard Rock" and is not personalised with your name, that probably knocks less off the value than one that says thanks John Doe for 10 years service etc..
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Lavaine wrote:
kiter65 wrote:FFS just got my 5 year bonus £250 I'll bid you that if it helps :thumbup: :lol:
Must be nice. I got a pen and a keychain for 15 years. Nothing like working for government.
I can Trump that!
20 years as an EU Civil Servant I get a crystal paperweight, oh and 5 days extra annual leave (to be taken in one hit before December 31st). [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

hah, my 10yr a couple of months ago was a choice of a whole bunch of crappy stuff from an "awards" web site that was all worth less than $100 retail and all stuff i wouldn't spend $100 on. i struggled to decide which was the least useless gift.
the "g" is for Greg...
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by tempus fugit »

I've never done more than 5 years anywhere ("there's a voice, keeps on calling me, down the road, is where I'll always be..." :-" ) but my only 5 year award was a nickel lapel pin with the company name on it, saying "5 Years". Woo-hoo! Some people did wear their "long service" pins, every day, although they tended to be the 20-30 year people. To be fair, it was a good company to work for and most people were proud to work there.

By the way, buying a new caseback as suggested by South London Eagle is a good idea. To add, I would keep the old hard rock one, so that if you decide to sell on, the buyer has the option of putting it back on, should they so wish, and so you have a more complete 'original' set.
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

tempus fugit wrote: ("there's a voice, keeps on calling me, down the road, is where I'll always be..." :-" )
Well that brought back memories of my childhood...
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

I'd be interested depending on its look. The hard rock case back add history to the watch, it is the reason for its existence and is sellable as standard.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Another government employee here and for my ten years service 'award' I got a one month extension to my secondment from a redundant post, meaning my job was safe until 31st December.