Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Brands you haven't tried?

Post by Aifo »

BerlinCW wrote:Greetings,

The list is endless and so the list does not exist!

However I keep telling my wife we need another day visit to Dresden, to visit.................

http://www.lang-und-heyne.de

Saw them last year at SalonQP, stunning!

Bit pricey!
Never heard of this brand before but wow very impressive indeed! Thank you for the introduction.

Somehow when browsing through the website, I am reminded of Habring although the two brands have nothing in common. Habring is and has been on my wish list, even though I have never seen one in the flesh.
Incoming: 0
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Richard B »

gaf1958 wrote:The one brand I've almost bought a few times, but still have never owned would be Breitling. Admittedly there are many "Bright blings" that they've produced in the past, but there are many genuine quality pieces that are sometimes overshadowed by the showy ones. One day perhaps...
Navitimer 01 Gary - it's big (esp. the GMT), with a manufacture movement, comes on a choice of fantastically engineered bracelet or utterly sublime leather traps - and superbly crafted - there's not much to dislike.... except that beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

But I digress.... Much the same emotion on this as Steve's opening post. I think it's good to look outside your comfort zone, as it's surprising what you fall for in watches. I had an opportunity to look at a Hublot Big Bang a while ago, not something that had previously interested me.... and my goodness, what a superbly, beautifully built thing it is.

You have to handle them, pictures sometimes don't do them justice.

And yes, the Rolex Milgauss is on my radar.... what a lovely, understated, quirky, technically brilliant watch. But a Bremont does the technical stuff....
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

My list is JLC, Stowa, Nomos,Junghans, Sinn, Cartier, and Oris. Like Steve, my opinion of Rolex is changing in the positive direction. The release of the Oyster Perpetual series offering several different dial colors has gotten my attention. I plan on going to a Watchbuy road show where I can evaluate Nomos, Sinn, and Junghans at the same time.
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by bspj »

I suppose this post shouts the word ROLEX.
I have eschewed watches that shout across a crowded room: Navitimers and some Rolex models come to mind, and I've never see Hublot as a natural destination.
But I rather fancy a ceramic Daytona (on a waiting list), and liked an Explorer 1 on the wrist as a rather 'un Rolex' Rolex.
Trying on a blue and cream SuperOcean Heritage was a great idea. Wife took one look at it, bought me a Portofino on the spot!!!!!!

I'm not anti-Rolex, but regard them as a bit of a 'Brand' for non enthusiasts....though I know lots on here have them.
Steve
SimonF
Senior
Senior

Post by SimonF »

I'd love to try on a Grand Seiko but i the only bricks and mortar AD i've heard of in the UK is in Glasgow. I've looked at hundreds of pictures and read a lot about them and i expect a real life one will live up to the expectations. Seiko need to pull their finger out and get this London boutique up and open.
Nomos is also a "not on the high street" type of brand in my neck of the woods but there is a small jewellery store in Cambridge that is now an Nomos AD so i'll be able to try one on soon enough.
C60 Trident
C70 Grand Prix edition "Brooklands"
C20 Lido & C5 Slimline Blue
Autodromo Stradale
Tag Heuer Tiger Woods Golf
Rado Diastar quartz
Rado Centrix L
Jorg Gray 6500 Obama Edition
Longines Hydroconquest Blue
Several JDM Seikos
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

I have never had the pleasure of owning, and therefore I need me a tooly German. The usual suspects, Sinn, Damasko will probably apply. :)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

smegwina wrote:I need me a tooly German.
I saw this and though of you.

Bitte schon...

Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
smegwina wrote:I need me a tooly German.
I saw this and though of you.

Bitte schon...

I feel that wifey may disagree with that lovely tooly German even more that the ticky variety!!!

Myself, I will certainly keep an open mind!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Oseberg
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Oseberg »

Haven't tried Omega yet. I like the Railmaster a lot but 1) no longer in the pricelist 2) really too close to the Explorer. Maybe a nice Ranchero if I can one day ?
Chr Ward Trident C60 GMT600
Rolex Explorer 214270
Nomos Tangente affichage réserve de marche
Seiko 5 B-Uhr
Rotary Ocean Avenger
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

Cuervo y Sobrino! I'm looking at the Prominente Clasico and Historiador Clasico collections.