Seiko Turtle SRBP11 & Samurai SRPB09 Blue Lagoon LE's

A place to discuss other watch-brands
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Seiko Turtle SRBP11 & Samurai SRPB09 Blue Lagoon LE's

Post by neilj568 »

what-time-is-it wrote:Can you cancel with Jura?
Hilliers are talking about next day delivery.

My local AD had spoke with their local rep and managed to track one down for me in less than a week - most smaller dealers didn't bother ordering any, so from what I can gather quite a few are on held with reps to distribute if anyone shows any interest.

Serial number on mine indicates Feb 2017 production, so they have only just landed in the UK.
Thanks for the heads up about Hillier - Jura order cancelled and Hillier delivered by 1pm next day as promised... :clap: :clap:
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

neilj568 wrote:
what-time-is-it wrote:Can you cancel with Jura?
Hilliers are talking about next day delivery.

My local AD had spoke with their local rep and managed to track one down for me in less than a week - most smaller dealers didn't bother ordering any, so from what I can gather quite a few are on held with reps to distribute if anyone shows any interest.

Serial number on mine indicates Feb 2017 production, so they have only just landed in the UK.
Thanks for the heads up about Hillier - Jura order cancelled and Hillier delivered by 1pm next day as promised... :clap: :clap:
Excellent!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

FloridaPhil wrote:How heavy are these? They are stainless steel so with the size I imagine they weigh a bit on the wrist.

I am leaning towards the SBDJ011 Titanium diver as a beater. Diashield protected and weighs only 99g!

I really like the look of these would make a great grab and go think the smaller version would be better for me the SBDN017/019
Neil
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Looking at my collection I now have three or four quartz and everything else is automatic. I was a fan of the Seiko Kinetic Divers, until the capacitor started playing up and refusing to hold charge (watch only 6 mths old...).

They also have the SNE435P1, 437, 439 & 441 models that use the Solar movement although the blue dial and bezel on the SBDJ011 does look very nice.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

In my quest to find the Turtle Blue Lagoon version I've found another couple of Samurai's at another UK authorised dealer - happy to share if anyone wants them. Turtle Blue Lagoon secured btw, only 100 in the UK which seems very low.

Chris
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tally »

Samurai Blue Lagoon on the horizon and should have it next Friday
Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Did you manage to find one online or locally, as these are pretty rare.

I see from the Seiko Prospex page that more Samurai's are coming, although not necessarily limited editions.
I managed to secure an SRPB01 Turtle yesterday which should arrive on Monday!

Chris
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tally »

what-time-is-it wrote:Did you manage to find one online or locally, as these are pretty rare.

I see from the Seiko Prospex page that more Samurai's are coming, although not necessarily limited editions.
I managed to secure an SRPB01 Turtle yesterday which should arrive on Monday!
sourced locally over where I work.

By chance I nipped into the local shopping centre and next to an Ernest Jones there's a small independent , I walked in there to look at a replacement for my dads broken one... said he would be better suited to something a bit more robust and longer lasting and behold one of these was sitting there in the centre of the display with the other Seiko's.

Asked if I could have a look and got chatting and asked if he takes deposits... he did.... and collect next Friday :D

He also liked my Sinn and said if I ever thought about selling :-P ..... I walked out totally forgetting about what I originally went in for, sorry dad!
Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

I was able to try a sister model on yesterday at my local Seiko Factory Store, the SRP777, and was shocked at how much smaller it wore than I had expected. The weight, my other concern, was not a problem either - no worse than my SKX.

So I just ordered a Turtle Blue Lagoon at the amazing price of $308!

Looking forward to getting my hands on this one.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

FloridaPhil wrote:I was able to try a sister model on yesterday at my local Seiko Factory Store, the SRP777, and was shocked at how much smaller it wore than I had expected. The weight, my other concern, was not a problem either - no worse than my SKX.

So I just ordered a Turtle Blue Lagoon at the amazing price of $308!

Looking forward to getting my hands on this one.
$308 is a very amazing price indeed, even lower than street price in HK (which is usually pretty low already). Congrats!
Incoming: 0
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

FloridaPhil wrote:So I just ordered a Turtle Blue Lagoon at the amazing price of $308!
Nice watch Phil , congrats .
Bernie
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

I've been using my SRPB11 all weekend and it's very comfortable indeed. Time keeping across the weekend was +3 sec which is excellent. I'm due to receive the SRPB01 today (from Creation Watches) at a very good price, but I've been clobbered by customs charges.

Chris
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

I'm very impressed with the timekeeping of my Samurai so far - the 4R35 movement is around +3secs per day over the last week which is remarkable.
Trusted Seller

Agreed they are both good - in my experience with the 4R35 & 4R36 movements timekeeping is almost perfect when you are wearing the watch and only gain or lose a little time when they are off the wrist.

Chris
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

tempusmaximus wrote:
FloridaPhil wrote:So I just ordered a Turtle Blue Lagoon at the amazing price of $308!
Nice watch Phil , congrats .
Thanks Bernie. I drove myself mad trying to find (unsuccessfully) a slightly smaller titanium diver so this will scratch an itch. Still on the look out for the titanium though.

I'm going on a Caribbean cruise next week so wanted to turn down the desire level before I leave with so much temptation in the shops there! LOL Won't stop me from making the missus insane with my window shopping.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.