The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby smegwina » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Dancematt wrote:Sell my two most worn watches, the MBII and Alt1-z to fund one bremont and pocket the change?

Image
That's a tricky one. The alt-z is basically the same as the WT, other than the city names, and you would lose your gorgeous white MBii.

On the other hand, the WT would complement your motley Bremont crew rather nicely............ :)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 11178
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby TigerChris » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:40 pm

neil8fletcher3 wrote:Image

Dreaming of this one


Great choice! It’s one of the watches on my Birthday shortlist for next month, but maybe just out of reach with current financial situation. I reckon the North Flag alongside my BBR would cover all bases in my lifestyle and I could get rid of everything else :shock: Now I’ll come back to reality as I couldn’t live with only 2 watches :D
User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: The

Postby Dancematt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:26 am

smegwina wrote:
Dancematt wrote:Sell my two most worn watches, the MBII and Alt1-z to fund one bremont and pocket the change?

Image
That's a tricky one. The alt-z is basically the same as the WT, other than the city names, and you would lose your gorgeous white MBii.

On the other hand, the WT would complement your motley Bremont crew rather nicely............ :)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk


It won't be an addition to the collection. I'd go Airco if that was the case but it sort of mixes the best parts of the alt1-z ( the chrono and the GMT) and white mbII (the legibility and less busyness) whilst offering a bit more of a dress look than either. Hard to find though.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
User avatar
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 7614
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:15 am
Location: Top secret hollow Volcano. Kent UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby neil8fletcher3 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
neil8fletcher3 wrote:Image

Dreaming of this one


A good birthday present? :wink:


Maybe in a few years time

This is more realistic for this year

Image
Neil
neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: Warwickshire
CW-watches: 2

Re: The

Postby neil8fletcher3 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Dancematt wrote:
smegwina wrote:
Dancematt wrote:Sell my two most worn watches, the MBII and Alt1-z to fund one bremont and pocket the change?

Image
That's a tricky one. The alt-z is basically the same as the WT, other than the city names, and you would lose your gorgeous white MBii.

On the other hand, the WT would complement your motley Bremont crew rather nicely............ :)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk


It won't be an addition to the collection. I'd go Airco if that was the case but it sort of mixes the best parts of the alt1-z ( the chrono and the GMT) and white mbII (the legibility and less busyness) whilst offering a bit more of a dress look than either. Hard to find though.


Personally I prefer the alt1-z and the mbII to this. The airco has grown on me a lot recently. Had a copy of Bremont townhouse this week interesting to flick through
Neil
neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: Warwickshire
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby downer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:10 pm

downer wrote:Saw a couple of Zenith pilots at -40% in MUC last week, but I think they were larger cases and possibly chronographs. I'll take a closer look next week.


Here’s the closer look... sorry about the awful picture:

Image
Richard
User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 20698
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: UK
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby smegwina » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:51 pm

downer wrote:
downer wrote:Saw a couple of Zenith pilots at -40% in MUC last week, but I think they were larger cases and possibly chronographs. I'll take a closer look next week.


Here’s the closer look... sorry about the awful picture:

Image
Fekin ell, the crowns look mahoosive in that piccies. O know they are out but.......

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 11178
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: The

Postby Wintersports » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:07 am

smegwina wrote:
downer wrote:
downer wrote:Saw a couple of Zenith pilots at -40% in MUC last week, but I think they were larger cases and possibly chronographs. I'll take a closer look next week.


Here’s the closer look... sorry about the awful picture:

Image
Fekin ell, the crowns look mahoosive in that piccies. O know they are out but.......

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk


Spend too much time in MUC myself too, though I d go for an IWC big pilot.. they re on special for a reason.
C7 Mk2
C60 Trident
Tag Aquaracer
Breitling Superocean Chrono
Omega Seamaster Vintage 1947
Panerai Marina Militare on Metta Catharina Strap
Cartier Santos - worn by Mrs
TW Steel Goliath chrono & TW Canteen
AVI-8, Parnis..etc
User avatar
Wintersports
Junior
Junior
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:20 am

Re: The

Postby Adrien69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

smegwina wrote:Always wanted a dress watch, always too small........

Until my darling wifey pointed this out!!! :)

Image



Those ones would immediatly be getting my money if I had enough. Close to perfect dress watch to me, except thickness maybe.
Adrien69
Junior
Junior
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby Bahnstormer_vRS » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Saw this earlier today, indelibly printed on brain cells.

Image

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
CWL C4 | C5A MkI | C5 BOB LE | C6 x4| C7 MkII Harrier LE
C8 Reg'tor MkII LE | C10 | C60 Chrono P'type | C65 Diver
Animal x2 | Damasko | Dodane | Elliot Brown x5 | Gruppo Gamma
Laco | Magrette | Marathon | MAT | Omega | Panzera x2 |Vostok
User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 15887
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
CW-watches: 12

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby StrappedUp » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 pm

The search for watch #6 has taken a very unexpected turn ...

Image
User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
Location: South Wales
CW-watches: 3

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby jtc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm

I wasn't going to get a second Halios Seaforth, but I'm sorely tempted....

Image
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

Tudor Pelagos (ETA) | Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 | Omega Speedmaster Apollo XV 40th Anniversary | Halios Seaforth Pastel
Swatch Sistem51 Class | Seiko Kinetic 5M42 Ti | Heuer Trackstar 652 307 Stopwatch
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK
CW-watches: 0

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby STodd » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Never thought I'd see the day - saw one of these in an AD's window in Kingston last week, and it looks far better in the flesh:

Image
Steve
CW C60 GMT MkI,C11 Elite + Pro Orange,C700 Grande Rapide,2x C8 Pilot MkII,C10 2013 FLE #13,
C4 'Phoenix',C40 Speedhawk,C7 Bluebird LE #319,C1000 FGR4
Tag Heuer WAF111Z Scurfa Diver One NATO Seiko KS 5621-7020 Luminox Atacama 1833
User avatar
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
CW-watches: 11

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby kiter65 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm

STodd wrote:Never thought I'd see the day - saw one of these in an AD's window in Kingston last week, and it looks far better in the flesh:

Image


Sorry Steve but tried one on Saturday a bit underwhelmed but I had just bought the sub so probably wasn’t thinking straight :lol: one thing the AD salesman is very good at is letting you try on anything they have in the shop including a gold Daytona.....ba#@&+d :lol:
kiter65
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 pm
Location: Spalding UK
CW-watches: 0

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Postby STodd » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 pm

kiter65 wrote:Sorry Steve but tried one on Saturday a bit underwhelmed but I had just bought the sub so probably wasn’t thinking straight :lol: one thing the AD salesman is very good at is letting you try on anything they have in the shop including a gold Daytona.....ba#@&+d :lol:

I can understand that, but for a non-diver I was surprised how much better it looked than in pics.

In a fantasy world, it's Sub all the way...but even Mrs T said how nice it looked! :shock:
Steve
CW C60 GMT MkI,C11 Elite + Pro Orange,C700 Grande Rapide,2x C8 Pilot MkII,C10 2013 FLE #13,
C4 'Phoenix',C40 Speedhawk,C7 Bluebird LE #319,C1000 FGR4
Tag Heuer WAF111Z Scurfa Diver One NATO Seiko KS 5621-7020 Luminox Atacama 1833
User avatar
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
CW-watches: 11

PreviousNext

Return to Other Brands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChrisM, Google [Bot], jkbarnes, TigerChris and 29 guests

Christopher Ward Website