The Bargain Hunters Thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it »

I bought mine in July for £150 and sold it in December for the same amount - have bought another as a beater, crazy cheap at £90.
Big and heavy and very good timekeeping.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

@what-time-is-it

Thanks for the heads-up on that, just ordered one. Amazing price for a great UHF quartz movement watch......and I like big and bulky beaters :D
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Anyone interested in the Corum Tourbillion, it is now discounted $394,290 off of list for the bargain price of $111,210.

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/coru ... t6018&so=4

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

srs1286 wrote:Anyone interested in the Corum Tourbillion, it is now discounted $394,290 off of list for the bargain price of $111,210.

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/coru ... t6018&so=4

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Good that looks like some Chinese mess. This on the other hand is a bloody bargain super luxury tool watch:

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/blan ... t6006&so=3
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Composer62
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Composer62 »

nigelb001 wrote:@what-time-is-it

Thanks for the heads-up on that, just ordered one. Amazing price for a great UHF quartz movement watch......and I like big and bulky beaters :D
Thanks from me too .. just treated myself to one :D Looking forward to receiving it now .. quite a saving over the original price just a couple of years ago from what I can see in the article below !!

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/new-bulova ... t-watches/
Kevin

Experience - the thing you get just after the point you REALLY needed it.
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

Having secured a long coveted promotion at the tail end of 2017 I've hummed and hawed over numerous Omegas but finally succumbed to this hard to refuse offer at Ernest Jones: http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d ... let+watch/

I was quite disappointed that the CW sale didn't include the C65 on a bracelet otherwise I might have scratched the silver/white dialled dress itch that I've had knocking about since regretting missing out on the wave patterned dial of the old C65 with one of those. However, having considered and dismissed Planet Oceans for the orange accents (and GMTs for being too pricy), Seamaster 300 Master Chronometers for the dull dials and every iteration of the 2017 AT because none of the dials were really floating my boat, finding the silver dialed (no longer one of the available options) 2013/14 model discounted by 25% on the RRP was a no brainer for me. So I don't get the new 8900 movement (for the handful of times a year moving only the hour hand by an hour will benefit me), the 6 o'clock date, horizontal striping or the slightly conical new crown. It's still a lovely watch and I'm itching for delivery.

Oh, and I took the 0% finance. Not because I had to but because I could. Consumer finance is an every day part of my job. If EJ are still making sufficient margin to subsidise 0% on a 25% discounted watch then they can damned well pay for me to have the cash flow benefit.
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Following on from the Bulova Seastrong offer with Argos on ebay, they also have the following two Seikos, which are cheap as chips!

SKS445P2 and SKS469P1 both at £39.99
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Mens-B ... 2323782197

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Mens-2 ... 2031819470

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

FieryTowse wrote:Having secured a long coveted promotion at the tail end of 2017 I've hummed and hawed over numerous Omegas but finally succumbed to this hard to refuse offer at Ernest Jones: http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d ... let+watch/

I was quite disappointed that the CW sale didn't include the C65 on a bracelet otherwise I might have scratched the silver/white dialled dress itch that I've had knocking about since regretting missing out on the wave patterned dial of the old C65 with one of those. However, having considered and dismissed Planet Oceans for the orange accents (and GMTs for being too pricy), Seamaster 300 Master Chronometers for the dull dials and every iteration of the 2017 AT because none of the dials were really floating my boat, finding the silver dialed (no longer one of the available options) 2013/14 model discounted by 25% on the RRP was a no brainer for me. So I don't get the new 8900 movement (for the handful of times a year moving only the hour hand by an hour will benefit me), the 6 o'clock date, horizontal striping or the slightly conical new crown. It's still a lovely watch and I'm itching for delivery.

Oh, and I took the 0% finance. Not because I had to but because I could. Consumer finance is an every day part of my job. If EJ are still making sufficient margin to subsidise 0% on a 25% discounted watch then they can damned well pay for me to have the cash flow benefit.
Hopefully you'd also signed up to their mailing list first...

Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

jtc wrote: Image
Greetings,

I tried this and EJ will not apply this to sale items.

For all non-UK buyers, they don't entertain overseas postage!
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

Anybody got there custom Martu straps yet from the sale? I'm just wondering any landed over Europe after the festive season? :thumbup:
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

skimrok wrote:Anybody got there custom Martu straps yet from the sale? I'm just wondering any landed over Europe after the festive season? :thumbup:
I have had 6 of mine turn up so far, and most of the other members have also received theirs.

Check the Martu strap thread.

Scoots is still waiting for his wallet though. :(

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

BerlinCW wrote:
jtc wrote: Image
Greetings,

I tried this and EJ will not apply this to sale items.

For all non-UK buyers, they don't entertain overseas postage!
Nor does it apply to purchases of Omega products among others. I spotted that in the Ts & Cs ages ago. I’ve still got that pegged for the LLD if I can persuade the bag for life to get me it as a 20th wedding anniversary present as Longines doesn’t get a mention.
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

smegwina wrote:
skimrok wrote:Anybody got there custom Martu straps yet from the sale? I'm just wondering any landed over Europe after the festive season? :thumbup:
I have had 6 of mine turn up so far, and most of the other members have also received theirs.

Check the Martu strap thread.

Scoots is still waiting for his wallet though. :(

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Thank you I've found it , thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

FieryTowse wrote: I’ve still got that pegged for the LLD if I can persuade the bag for life to get me it as a 20th wedding anniversary present
:lol: It might be an idea to steer her clear of the forum then
So many watches, yet still so little time!
keepitsimple
Senior
Senior

Post by keepitsimple »

FieryTowse wrote:Having secured a long coveted promotion at the tail end of 2017 I've hummed and hawed over numerous Omegas but finally succumbed to this hard to refuse offer at Ernest Jones: http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d ... let+watch/

And that is, of course, the correct one to buy, thereby avoiding the date at 6 and horizontal stripes =D> A good price too. The 8500 also has the hour change setting - I used to think that was a poor trade-off against a quick date setting until last year's holiday which entailed 6 timezone changes in 2 weeks, although on balance I'd still prefer a quick date setting as I wear a lot of watches in rotation.