Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
C8ian
CW-watches: 1

Re: Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Post by C8ian »

I love the look of the C9 Rose numerals, 'showing my ignorance here' but do we know when this is for sale :? :oops:
someone told me theres no such thing as a daft question, its only a daft question if you already know the answer :?

exit stage left......
C11 MSL MK1 Automatic - Black
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The C9 with Rose numerals will most likely be available to preorder in September.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
damodude32
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by damodude32 »

Just wondering if anyone knows of the C11 makiara elite can be pre ordered?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

damodude32 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows of the C11 makiara elite can be pre ordered?
You can reserve one by contacting Wera at Wizziethewiz@christopherward.co.uk
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
bruc

Post by bruc »

Sure like the bezel on the older C6 compared to the C60
ironmarshal
Junior
Junior

Post by ironmarshal »

Just noticed the new C60 COSC fails to have the name Trident Pro anywhere on the dial!!! How can that be? I'll pass.
RoadWarrior
Junior
Junior

Post by RoadWarrior »

Very interesting designs looking forward to seeing them in the future.
robert_ford
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by robert_ford »

Nice new watches. I hope they are not going to be too expensive. We have five CW's one being the JH, most recently the most expensive at over £1K. This used to be CW limit on a watch and I believe once it was said that CW would produce a £1K watch worth £10K by any other watch manufacturer. I just hope CW is not going away from its roots. My son (24yrs old) is a fan of CW, but is beginning to look elsewhere as he no longer goes WOW at the watch and the price. He still likes the watches but feels other manufactures are now worth a look at in regard to price.
CW Jumping hour
CW C9 Harrison auto
CW C5
CW Victoria deco
CW Ladies lido
Jeager le-coultre master control
Steinhart Ocean 1
MatthewThomas21
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by MatthewThomas21 »

Very nice new watches - extremely disappointed to hear that the c900 monopusher will be around the 2.5K mark!!!! That is a crazy amount of money and I am gutted CW is now moving into that territory...
The C9 Mk11 is very nice - quite like the green face and brown strap :)
Also the C9 rose numerals is pretty special....

Just need some release dates now! :)
I was standing on the edge of the world...and I can't see it.

c9 JH MK1
C70MC
C5 Malvern595
C9 Pulsometer
C1 MoonGlow
Mark70
Junior
Junior

Post by Mark70 »

What kind of premium can I expect on the C60 COSA and is it worth it? Will it be more accurate as its certified?

Thanks

Mark
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Mark70 wrote:What kind of premium can I expect on the C60 COSA and is it worth it? Will it be more accurate as its certified?

Thanks

Mark
Not necessarily more accurate, but certified to be accurate within COSC specs of -4 to +6 sec. per day. As for price...I am guessing about 125 GBP more.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

robert_ford
Junior
Junior

Post by robert_ford »

robinbarke wrote:Thanks Aesculapious, Richard and Jack for your clarification and comments.

Having probably done the logo issue to death there is one other issue I find slightly worrying. Regarding the new C9 Gold JH, the web page for the original limited edition JH states "...only 200 C9 Jumping Hour timepieces will ever be produced."

Where is the wriggle room in that categorical statement (and assurance for those who have purchased the Limited Edition) to enable the company to go ahead with a gold plated version and at the same time preserve its integrity?

Robin

I agree, no wriggle room unless you can make more money. CW is perhaps moving into the corporate world and has grown out of the small family start up company that we all respect. Investors pressures and greater return on cost seems to be happening. We have seen it with the recent price increase. They are evolving and perhaps entering into a different market and customer base.
CW Jumping hour
CW C9 Harrison auto
CW C5
CW Victoria deco
CW Ladies lido
Steinhart Ocean 1
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

robert_ford wrote:
robinbarke wrote:Thanks Aesculapious, Richard and Jack for your clarification and comments.

Having probably done the logo issue to death there is one other issue I find slightly worrying. Regarding the new C9 Gold JH, the web page for the original limited edition JH states "...only 200 C9 Jumping Hour timepieces will ever be produced."

Where is the wriggle room in that categorical statement (and assurance for those who have purchased the Limited Edition) to enable the company to go ahead with a gold plated version and at the same time preserve its integrity?

Robin

I agree, no wriggle room unless you can make more money. CW is perhaps moving into the corporate world and has grown out of the small family start up company that we all respect. Investors pressures and greater return on cost seems to be happening. We have seen it with the recent price increase. They are evolving and perhaps entering into a different market and customer base.
Clearly, you have not read the response from CW, concerning the C9 JH. :roll:
Richard
robert_ford
Junior
Junior

Post by robert_ford »

downer wrote:
robert_ford wrote:

Robin
D
Clearly, you have not read the response from CW, concerning the C9 JH. :roll:

Hi no I have not. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?
CW Jumping hour
CW C9 Harrison auto
CW C5
CW Victoria deco
CW Ladies lido
Steinhart Ocean 1
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

robert_ford wrote:
downer wrote: Clearly, you have not read the response from CW, concerning the C9 JH. :roll:

Hi no I have not. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?
See here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"