Effective Immediately - Do Not Use Photobucket

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jrpippen
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: Effective Immediately - Do Not Use Photobucket

Post by jrpippen »

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jrpippen wrote:Image
img in lower case, forward slash before the 2nd one.

Or just use the img button above the writing box when you post.

Tags appear automatically and you then paste in the URL from Imgur.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Watchamacallit
Senior
Senior

Post by Watchamacallit »

Agree that photobucket broke many sites. I remember the day it happened, I was reading a long post on another forum (accidentally found while searching for something else). A very picture heavy thread about an abandoned WWII site along with commentary from some military guys who knew the details first and second hand. Reloaded my browser and poof it was gone. 8O :censored: :grumble:

I wonder if google could do everyone a favor and provide forum masters with URL pattern rewrite that could be uniformed applied across their system, so that forums such as this one could programatically redirect all their old photobucket URLs over to some google site. The only question is whether google has a cache of images in their original high resolution. A low-res photo will show up in a google image searches but if that image was originally pulled from a forum such as this one, when one follows the link to read the forum post the image that was found on google the becomes a [missing image] when reading the linked page.

I understand photobucket needs to pay the bills but a business model based on hostage taking rarely ends well.
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

I have payed them 3,99 per month for usage. Still all the pictures are visible. But the latest gun point offer was not in good business fashion at all.
Roger1
Junior
Junior

Post by Roger1 »

Hi Kip,
Is there any way of seeing the old photos that are on the Forum LE pages. It explains how the watches were designed but we can't see the photos.
downer

Post by downer »

Roger1 wrote:Hi Kip,
Is there any way of seeing the old photos that are on the Forum LE pages. It explains how the watches were designed but we can't see the photos.
If you are using (or have access to) the Chrome browser, there is an extension that fixes the photobucket links. I've been using it a while and it seems to work well. Search for Photobucket Embedded Image Fix.
Richard
Roger1
Junior
Junior

Post by Roger1 »

downer wrote:
Roger1 wrote:Hi Kip,
If you are using (or have access to) the Chrome browser, there is an extension that fixes the photobucket links. I've been using it a while and it seems to work well. Search for Photobucket Embedded Image Fix.
Thanks I will have a go at home later.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk