thegreyman SOTC - April 2017

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

thegreyman SOTC - April 2017

Post by Thegreyman »

Not having done a proper SOTC before, and having made a few changes to the collection in the past couple of months (not that this was different from the couple of months before that, or the couple of months before that.....) anyway here are the dozen - made up of 8 CW's and 4 others

Now a closer view and a bit more info on each of them:
C65 Mk1 LE - this was my first CW, bought directly from CW, very pleased when I bought this and still really like this watch and the contrast of the blue and orange. 1 of only 175 made.
C60 600 Pro 43mm - the "Polish" version as it was christened by a Polish forum member. I so love this relatively rare colour combo on the Trident, I'm sure this watch is a keeper.

Next, what can I say....I posted a WTB for both of the 2012 FLE's and thanks to some PM's from a forum member I ultimately got my hands on these two rare watches with only 50 made of each. I guess I'm one of only a very small number of people who have both, so I feel quite fortunate.

Next another CW favourite the C11, the Makaira Pro and the C11 Chrono. Very nice watches and I could see myself buying different version of these in the future, the yellow handed Elite I quite like too. I did formerly own a C11 Titanium Extreme, bought in the NN sale last summer but eventually sold that as I found the case just a little too high, maybe regret that slightly but hey, you can't own them all...unless you are Kip!

Moving on to box 2:
C600 IPY - I do like bright colours and this yellow face really attracted me to buy it on Sales Corner, I've got it on a Strap Code PVD bracelet which looks good but tempted to buy a Hirsch Performance with some yellow in it to give a different strap option.
C5 2015 FLE - you need a few dress watches in the collection and what better than this. A decent 40mm case size and the rose gold hands and indices look smart against the white face. Bought from a young Welsh boy in Yorkshire.

Now the non CW's
Tag Heuer Carrera - I bought this in Florida for my 40th birthday. It's a lovely watch and still gives me pleasure when I wear it. It was my daily wearer for a few years but still in very good nick and a recent Cape Cod has got it looking lovely and shiny again, albeit my poor photos may not show that.
Omega Constellation Pie Pan - I got this by trading in a watch and adding some money given to me by my mother for my 50th recently. It's got some lovely patina and is my only COSC certified watch (after selling my Extreme and VW4 a few months ago).

Lastly and not least
Tudor Black Bay Black - bought on the forum for my 50th birthday. Superb quality and I guess the premium watch in my collection. The case, the bracelet all just reeks of quality so you can feel the quality and where the money has gone.
Vostok Amphibia - recent charity auction purchase from AVO (who kindly donated the proceeds to MacMillan) - probably the cheapest watch but has a charming appeal. I've worn this quite a few times already.

Other CW's that got away, not pictured - as mentioned I've also had a C11 Titanium Extreme and C70 VW4 both purchased in the NN sale last July but I didn't really take to them for whatever reason, so sold on. Also had a couple of Kingfishers - the Frankenwatch with the mix of brushed steel and IPK case/crown (sold back on ebay) and also an Orange one that I only just sold on the forum. I also bought my wife a W11 Amelia (not pictured) which she still owns/wears, gives a good match for me when I'm wearing one of my C11's.

To round it off a couple of extra pics - the 2012 FLE twins plus the Omega 50 year patina

What's next for the collection, I'm not really sure beyond getting my hands on, god willing that it gets made, the 2017 FLE C3 Panda, otherwise I'll buy a C3 Mk3 regardless. I guess I'll just keep on wheeling and dealing, buying and selling as I think that is part of the appeal of what we do.

Thanks for reading :wave:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: thegreyman SOTC - April 2017

Post by MiniMpi »

Patrick that is a really great collection mate ;)
We have very similar taste it seems.
The yellow dial C600 is one I would like at some stage.
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

A very nice collection and some super colour combinations :thumbup: :clap:
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

Super collection Patrick . I like every one of those watches , and would be happy to have any one of them in my collection . The stand out watch for me personally is the Omega constellation , pie pan , just lovely , an outstanding watch IMO . Congratulations :thumbup:
Bernie
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A splendid collection, Patrick, and very well presented. :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Thanks very much gents for all the great comments :thumbup:

I quite enjoyed doing that SOTC to capture the collection at this point in time. It will be interesting to look back at this at some point in the future to see what changes :-k
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

What a great collection you have there.

If you want me to add the Red Jag to the Owner's List, drop me a PM.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 57&t=11346

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

A wonderful collection.

Thanks so much for sharing.

I do wonder how many of us have both 2012 FLE's.....
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

An excellent write up of an lovely collection. Highlights for me are the yellow C600, scooter blue and BBN :thumbup:.

Do you think that 12ish will remain as the overall number, or is that likely to drift upwards over the next year or so?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

Very nice Patrick - some desirable items in there :thumbup: :clap:
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Kip wrote:A wonderful collection.

Thanks so much for sharing.

I do wonder how many of us have both 2012 FLE's.....
Thanks Kip.

Out of interest I checked the forum list of 2012 FLE owners (which scooter has kindly added me too) and those listed as having both:
Kip
chrisjohnson
clach77
alibar
Thegreyman
Helix von Smelix
Korkki
euromance

So a total of eight, although there are a few unknowns so possibly might be a couple of others "in the wild".
Patrick

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote:An excellent write up of an lovely collection. Highlights for me are the yellow C600, scooter blue and BBN :thumbup:.

Do you think that 12ish will remain as the overall number, or is that likely to drift upwards over the next year or so?

Neil
Thanks Neil. 12 is a good number and now fits exactly my two watch boxes. However I think I would be kidding myself to say it will stay at that number. I was probably at 13 or 14 but have now sold the ones that I had the least connection to leaving 12 really favoured watches and it would be really difficult to let any of these go. So when I'm inevitably attracted to buying something else (the C3 mk3 for example) which is bound to happen then I think that may well just increase the size of the collection. I've resigned myself to that so might as well just embrace it (requesting extra meds from Kip if required :lol: ) . You can never say never, but doubt I'll be selling most of the current 12 anytime soon, all being well.
Patrick

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

STodd wrote:Very nice Patrick - some desirable items in there :thumbup: :clap:
Cheers Steve.
Patrick

Macca

Post by Macca »

Patrick these watches are amazing

Need to get my backside on gear and do my SOTC again really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Macca wrote:Patrick these watches are amazing

Need to get my backside on gear and do my SOTC again really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks James, look forward to seeing your SOTC
Patrick