Warren83 Feb 2017

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Warren83
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Warren83 Feb 2017

Post by Warren83 »

biscuit141 wrote:I like this collection. Please post some pictures of your SARG009 when it arrives, I was thinking about getting one as well.

Thanks Biscuit - sorry, i've just updated the original post, i changed my mind last minute and switched from the SARG009 to a modded SNZH53 with the DAGAZ 55 fathoms face. No SARG009 incoming but i can vouch for their quality and being a great piece as i've tried one on the wrist when i was in Japan last year.
My CW: C60 Trident GMT

Scouse Not English YNWA DONT BUY THE SUN
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Warren, a really good varied watch box there with lots to like. As a Black Bay owner I need to say the Tudor, the mk1 Trident GMT I like too..expecting to add a mk1 Trident to my own collection very soon. The GS is very classy, and the Alpinist is one I've admired and contemplated buying too (assume it's the green face model, couldn't 100% say from the photo..probably my eyesight!).

Congrats on your collection and the incoming Seiko.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

biscuit141 wrote:I like this collection. Please post some pictures of your SARG009 when it arrives, I was thinking about getting one as well.
Now I'm not trying to hijack the OP post but I've got a SARG009 and think it's a fanatic watch for the money and my most worn out the lot
Neil
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

Thegreyman wrote:Warren, a really good varied watch box there with lots to like. As a Black Bay owner I need to say the Tudor, the mk1 Trident GMT I like too..expecting to add a mk1 Trident to my own collection very soon. The GS is very classy, and the Alpinist is one I've admired and contemplated buying too (assume it's the green face model, couldn't 100% say from the photo..probably my eyesight!).

Congrats on your collection and the incoming Seiko.
Thanks for all the compliments gents, really thought it was quite an average collection compared to some of the pieces I hear are in people's collections here!
I do love the Trident GMT, was what kick started my movement into the more mid range market I guess...plus my wife bought it for me as a 30th birthday present so it will always hold the most value to me for that reason alone.

Oh...and yes, it's a green alpinist of course....definitely one that can only be fully appreciated in the flesh- the way the light plays on the dial is stunning

rogco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by rogco »

Love the way the Grand Seiko looks in that photo! Also, could you do me a favor and photoshop the Tudor so it's facing the right way?! It's making some OCD part of me itch!
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

rogco wrote:Love the way the Grand Seiko looks in that photo! Also, could you do me a favor and photoshop the Tudor so it's facing the right way?! It's making some OCD part of me itch!
Haha...it's annoyed me ever since I posted the picture and realised! ...ssssshhhh I'm trying to forget about it!

Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

So this just landed. Have to say I do like it a lot, will probably give it a go on the steel bracelet first, maybe even try a shark mesh with it..

dodsi
Junior
Junior

Post by dodsi »

Stylish collection there!
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

Just had a look at this to see where I was at 12 months ago and surprised myself in terms of how quickly and how how many have been flipped. Will post an updated SOTC when we get chance over the next few days I think