Konketsu - January 2017

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Re: Konketsu - January 2017

Post by blowfish89 »

Solid collection Jeff, and strong inroads into Pam models too - I like all of those listed by you.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

What a fantastic collection you have there.

For me the CW's are actually all crackers...the C5 FLE (have one myself), the red Trident, the Blue Elite, the C90 and the Worldtimer are all some of the best looking CW's to my eye (I don't actually recall seeing a C90 before..wow it is a stunner)

The JLC is an iconic watch too, not to mention the GMT Master which looks very nice with the blue/black bezel.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Watchamacallit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Watchamacallit »

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing, especially that CW automatic with the black dial and white ring for the military time reading. If the date window could be moved inside the ring and a day complication added to balance it could be the ultimate smilely :D watch.

I have never seen this model before, even after spending many hours on the forum.

Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

Thanks guys! That would be the C90 Power Reserve (formerly known as the Beckett's as in the race track corner at Silverstone. I think CW didn't get permission to use the name so they dropped the "Beckett's", but that's what I will always call it. :thumbup: it's quite large and bold, but I love it!

It also came in an all white dial. There's some more photos in the Gallery here.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 58&t=22922
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz »

What a great collection. I will hopefully have one of the C9 Beckett's in my collection at some point, yours is a beauty. The Batman is also bound for mine someday. Your choices and tastes are great. Also, the Pam 351 is a great choice, I love the tobacco dial and it is one of the main reasons I went with it. It is large though, but Panerai's are supposed to be.
CWL:C30,C5FLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto, C60 Chrono
Ebel Chrnon,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.
Timmyhk

Post by Timmyhk »

Watchamacallit wrote:Nice collection. Thanks for sharing, especially that CW automatic with the black dial and white ring for the military time reading. If the date window could be moved inside the ring and a day complication added to balance it could be the ultimate smilely :D watch.

I have never seen this model before, even after spending many hours on the forum.

Yeah, this one looks very interesting and may be very rare?
dodsi
Junior
Junior

Post by dodsi »

Big variety there and some great pieces!
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

Fabulous collection. Love the Sinn 104 & the Bulova moon watch.
Graham
garrettwp
Junior
Junior

Post by garrettwp »

You guys are really killing me with the Bulova Moon Watch being in your SOTC! I wonder if it is a sign to pick one up!

- Garrett
Malky007
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Malky007 »

Cracking collection, broad variety. Some of the CW pieces i've not seen before
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Greetings,

I have not been here for a while so I thought I'd catch up.

It's a lovely collection, your Reverso especially.

It also shows the value/usefulness of a light tent, maybe we should all invest in one.

I saw a Seiko Pogue at an auction last week, it went for £400, needless to say I have no idea how much they cost originally.
gatobazza

Post by gatobazza »

Great collection! Loved those JLC!
fantasque
Senior
Senior

Post by fantasque »

Just seen your collection, there are some stunning watches in your collection but as an Art Deco fan that JLC is the star for me..... wow must try and find one.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Konketsu wrote:Thanks guys! That would be the C90 Power Reserve (formerly known as the Beckett's as in the race track corner at Silverstone. I think CW didn't get permission to use the name so they dropped the "Beckett's", but that's what I will always call it. :thumbup: it's quite large and bold, but I love it!

It also came in an all white dial. There's some more photos in the Gallery here.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 58&t=22922
Great collection you have there :thumbup:

and yes it most certainly did :D
ImageCW_C90_0004 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Delicuios collection made all that more mouthwatering with the addition of the Rolex.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’