gaf1958 Nov 2016

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

gaf1958 Nov 2016

Post by gaf1958 »

So... this is a very long and picture heavy post - apologies for that up front. This time 'round I decided to list things more or less alphabetically, no themes, not order of purchase, just simple A-Z. Let's kick it off...

Armida A7 Brass. IIRC this is my first foray into brass and bronze watches. It's one of only a few I have left.

Benarus Remora Dart. The first of a couple of Remoras. They're (just) small enough and (only just) thin enough compared to the average Benarus model to be a reasonable fit for me. 100% tool watch, nothing else.

Benarus Remora 1

Bulova Accutron II Snorkel. This is the watch to rule all other watches, at least as far as accuracy goes, it runs at about -3 seconds per year... Rarely worn though to be honest.

C5 Malvern Slimline Green LE. I jumped on this and the purple as soon as they were released. Two of my favourite colours and both fairly uncommon colours in watches.

C5 Malvern Slimline Purple LE. I'd been looking for a decent purple dial watch for years, so when this was released, it (and the green) just had to come to the gaf household.

C5a Malvern MkII. Ostensibly my wife's watch, but I think I wear it more than she does.

C6 Kingfisher Blue. What can I say. The Kingfisher in all colours is one of the greatest CW watches no longer made.

C6 Kingfisher Orange

C6 Kingfisher Yellow

C6 / C60 Yellow Mod Kingfisher. Love this watch, C6 internals in a C60 case.

C7 Bluebird LE

C9 Big Day Date. On the bracelet...
...and on CW fitted alligator.

C9 2011 FLE

C9 Harrison Blue LE

C11 MSL Vintage. Both this and the C11 chrono are slimmer than the Makaira is, which I like.

C11 MSL Chronograph

C11 Makaira Elite. One of two watches that travelled with me on my last holiday, built like a tank, but light on the wrist.

C60 Trident 300 Quartz Green. I have a swag of C60s in both quartz and auto. While I prefer the look of the "MkII" C60 600, I find the quartz 300 version much more comfortable to wear. By quite a margin in fact...

C60 Trident 300 Quartz Orange. The other watch taken on holiday last month, grab and go, but rugged enough for nearly anything.

C60 Trident 300 Quartz Red

C60 Trident 600 Blue

C60 Trident 600 Green

C60 Trident 600 Red

C60 Trident 600 Vintage - possibly my favourite of the automatic C60s.

C65 Trident LE. A watch I loved the look of, but was prepared to be disappointed with due to size. Fortunately I discovered that it's a great fit due to the slimmer profile compared to the C60. One of my favourite CWs.

Citizen Field
Wore this for two months straight while on holiday in South and Central America.

Continental Chronograph c.1958. Procured for me by Om (blowfish98), it's manufacture date is uncertain, but it's certainly close enough for me to consider it my birth year watch.

Damasko DA44

Dan Henry 1963 Chronograph
Inexpensive, but very well made for the money, this has become one of my favourite watches.

Dan Henry 1970 Diver
Another cheap and cheerful watch from Dan Henry. I'll be looking at their new releases...

Edox 1958 birth year watch, love the dial and hands, not so keen on the gold plated case, but I do like the shape and the lugs...

Eterna KonTiki. On the surface, this is quite similar to one of my Aqua Terras, but it wears very differently, keeping a space for both in the boxes.

Favre-Leuba Sea Raider 36000. Classic NOS 1970s hi beat, funky square watch. Very different from the rest.

Helgray Hornet

Lew & Huey Orthos II Green. Clearly styled after the Planet Ocean, the green dial is what won me over. Love me a green dial...

Longines Legend Diver - one I should wear more than I do.

Longines Spirit (Circa 2004). The black one went to stefs earlier this year, but I still have the lovely white 'un.

Luminox Field A.1820 - because everyone should have a radioactive watch!

Luminox Field A.1827 - a second one, just to keep the first company...

Lum-Tec Combat B18 Bronze

Magrette Moana Pacific Waterman

Omega Geneve Dynamic 1968. This is the earlier, slightly more angular case.

Omega Geneve Dynamic 1973.
I still love the Dynamic, although these days I only have two of them. This is the later version with the slightly rounder case shape (released about half way through the model run).

Omega Seamaster 300 NOS Build

Omega Seamaster 300M. One of my quartz SMPs, specifically bought to replace an equally nice automatic version, as I wanted a couple of grab and go Omegas. Still one of the best fitting divers around.

Omega Seamaster 300M . The other quartz SMP, fitted with a blue bezel for no other reason that I like it better that way. Like the black one above, it's always worn on a bracelet.

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph. The moon watch you wear when you want it to look a bit dressier ;)

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Railmaster. The 39mm model, one of my favourite watches, with the lovely slim fit on the wrist.

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Marui LE. The dark red dial is almost impossible to photograph accurately...

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra white. Like my othe ATs this is a 39mm with the slim profile that is missing from the current 8500 models. One of my all time favourites - I previously owned a near identical 42mm model that was just a bit big with the all dial look - the 39 is a better fit for me.

Omega Seamaster Chronograph 1968. With the same 861 movement that powers the Speedy, but in a 38mm case, this is probably my favourite of the older Omegas I own.

Omega Seamaster Mariner III. My dad's old watch.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500. The titanium PO is a beauty, with the titanium making it much more wearable for me compared to its stainless brethren. I always wear it on the bracelet, as I think it looks just so much better that way.

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2500D. I used to own a 42mm 8500 orange bezelled PO (now with CeeGee), but having bought the 2500 (I looked long and hard for the latest D variant) I was happy with the slightly thinner 2500 model, so I sold the 8500. I swapped in an orange bezel as I like the look and again, I always wear this on the bracelet.

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow - automatic, but uses the same case as the manual wind models.

Omega Speedmaster TinTin

Omega Speedmaster Chocolate Dial

Omega Speedmaster 3570.50. The classic moonwatch...

Omega Speedmaster model 3590.50 but fitted with a Panda LE dial, black hands and red second hand to match the dial script.

Omega Speedmaster Gemini LE. Yes it has a very bright set of hands fitted, but I like it that way. I still have the original hands so it can be put back like it was when new if need be.

Omega Speedmaster Japan Racing LE 2004. Probably my favourite Omega, full stop. 'Nuff said.

Oris Aquis Maldives. Nice and light, but still solid and chunky.

Oris Divers Sixty-Five. One of my latest and I have to say I love it...

Panerai Radiomir 1940. Bit of class this one. Hand wound, small and nice and thin. Just what most Panerais aren't I guess...

Phenix-Revue from the 70s, bought NOS quite a few years ago.

Rado quartz on the original bracelet.

Revue Thommen Airspeed Chronograph
I wanted one of these for the longest time and finally found a titanium Airspeed, worn on both the bracelet and leather.

Rolex No-Date Sub 1997
My first Rolex, I went for the older, slimmer case rather than the current ceramic. This was a big leap for me, as I'd previously said I'd never buy a Rolex. Never say never... I have the original bracelet, but mostly wear it on leather.

Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue. My second Rolex. I love the dial colour and that it has no date (and therefore no cyclops!).

Seiko 6309-7040 "Turtle"

Seiko SKX007 7S26-0020 Seiko 5 White (7S26 Automatic)

Seiko SKX007 7S26-0020 Green Seiko 5 Dial (7S26 Automatic) Dec 2015

Seiko Sportura Kinetic. A nice light titanium model, super easy to read.

Seiko SQ200 diver

Seiko Streamline. One of the watches that I've owned for the longest time and one of my wife's favourites (she will not let me sell it).

Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Bronze LE

Tag Heuer Link Calibre S
The second of these I've owned and it's the later model with the "teak" dial (think along the lines of an Aqua Terra dial)

Vratislavia Conceptum Heritage Chronograf S.4 Kosmos

Vratislavia Conceptum Heritage Chronograf S.6 Sport

Zenith Surf. Lovely watch, but the lack of a quick set date means I don't wear it as often as I should...

Zodiac Sea Dragon Heritage. I looked for one of these for a couple of years before finally getting hold of this (in my preferred green). The 39mm case is a good size given the case shape - any bigger would be too big methinks...

And here we are at the end. I think... Bloody hell it's a bit of a marathon to read, but trust me it was worse to put together.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Gulp.

Post by scooter »

Staggeringly superb!!

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: gaf1958 Nov 2016

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

Lovely collection Gary. I was expecting my favourite to be a speedmaster but looking through I think my picks the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph.
Neil
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

Wow and again...wow...that's some collection and nice to see some Seikos
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Now That is a collection !!
Stand outs for me Gary are the CW's, the Aqua Terra's and the Speedmaster's.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

A very impressive collection , probably one of the best I have seen . Your collection has some top quality watches , that is full of colour and variation . The omega's on there own are outstanding , but the phenix - Revue watch as still got one of the nicest dials imo . Thank you for sharing your collection .
Bernie
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

That's just a great collection - the Omega's are amazing, especially with the ones you have made unique! :thumbup:

I didn't know you had the C60 vintage. When I took of a shot of mine on the main beach at Noosa last Christmas, I remember thinking this is possibly the only one in Oz - and it now turns out there was another a couple of hours or so, south. :lol:
'Tis me
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Wot a n00b. No watches with G, H, I, J, K, N, Q, U, W, X, Y :lol:
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Now that is a collection Gary :thumbup:.

The standouts for me are the PAM512, SM300, Railmaster, Panda Speedy, Milgauss and Submariner.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Wow Gaz, that's a bag full you got there mate and some veritable crackers amongst them :thumbup:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
GINGER1974
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by GINGER1974 »

Absolutely fantastic collection Gary, obviously loving your C6 Kingfishers..... :clap: :clap:
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Jesus wept, I've gone blind. You have a serious problem Gary :lol:

I lost count at 20, but what a collection. Although I think you're missing a couple of Russians, which would round the whole set off nicely :thumbup:

Truly mind blowing :shock:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

An amazing varied collection. If I owned any four or five watches from that I'd be a happy man.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

gaf1958 Nov 2016

Post by gaf1958 »

Thanks all, it's a collection that's been a long time in the making, so to speak...

Bernie - the Phenix dial is just the most beautiful colour and is exceedingly hard to get right in photos!

Caller - at the time you were here, your C60 vintage probably was the only one in Oz. Mine only arrived less than six months ago.

Om - some of my past watches have included Halios, Hamilton, IWC, Jacques Leman, Kemmner, Navigator, Q&Q, Universal Geneve, Wittnauer and Wenger. That's everything but [edit typo] G, X and Y I believe... and I don't want to buy a Graham Chronofighter. :problem:
Edit: I may, just may, have owned a Yema about a decade or more ago, I just don't have records of it.

IAJ - laughed at the first comment. :clap: No Russians on the radar... at the moment.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Arbor22 »

Wow. With that lot to choose from each morning I don't think I would ever make it to work . A collection that ticks most boxes, thanks for taking the time to post :thumbup: