Ciclismosam - November 2016

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

I thought it was about time to share another SOTC since I haven't in quite awhile. Sorry about the poor quality *Replaced first 2 photos with better quality photos*, it's a little late so the light is poor. I'll break it down into three parts, also not pictured are my Trident quartz, Citizen Nighthawk, Victorinox Inox, and G-shock Mudman which are watches I use for military deployments.

ImageMain collection update Nov 2016 by ciclismosam, on Flickr

First is my main collection. Here we has what I consider to by the purest example of the modern diver in the Tudor Pelagos. I also have the Omega Seamaster 2220.80, the only SMP pre-ceramic that has a co-axial movement. Then is the new purchase the C8 Power Reserve and its blacked out sibling in my collection the Sinn 856 S UTC. In the bottom row the is a vintage Sekonda chronograph from sometime between 68-70, and the Speedmaster Professional...my two parts of the space race. I have the crown jewel and my dress watch the Zenith EP Chronomaster and the C900 Single Pusher.

ImageMilitary/CW collection Nov 2016 by ciclismosam, on Flickr

The picture isn't great but this is of my military and CWL subcollections. I have a 1945 Elgin A-11, US Army Air Forces issue. Then the Seiko 6105 which was commonly purchased during Vietnam, mine belonged to a US Airman in the late 70's & early 80's. And then the rarest of military specification GG-W-113, the 1984 Marathon version which was only produced in 1 year and with numerous differences compared to other companies GG-W-113's which were produced from the late 60's through late 80's for the US Air Force. For the CW's I went for CW's great use of color with the green Malvern chrono, Bluebird, and the burgundy bezel Trident GMT.

ImagePersonal update nov 2016 by ciclismosam, on Flickr

Lastly are my random things. The ESQ homage to the Cartier Tank which my parents got me when I finished basic training back in Jan 2010 and is what got me into wearing watches again. Then the Seiko 5 which was my first true auto/mechanical watch purchase for myself, and the Sistem51 which is just interesting to me. Then there is my great-grandfather's 1920's Hamilton pocket watch that was given to me last year. I'll have to get it serviced sometime and get it running again.

I hope you all enjoyed the update. I probably won't have one for awhile as I've decided to save for my next big purchase to coincide with earning my degree. Taking one class at a time while working full time in the military means it will be that sweet when I am done and I will commemorate with the Rolex GMT-Master BLNR...but I will need all of the next 1.5 years to save up ;)
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Ciclismosam - November 2016

Post by downer »

Excellent collection. The C8 PR stands proud amongst some esteemed neighbours.
Richard
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Terrible photos but a superb collection! Love some of those vintage military models, the speedy, the zenith, the SMP. Top stuff.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

I agree, the photos are pretty ordinary but the watches are certainly not! Great collection with some real gems in there. I like all the usual suspects, but possibly the one I'd like most in my collection is the 6105... The single pusher is a bit of class too.

IIRC there is another non-ceramic SMP fitted with a co-axial movement - the red bezelled, white faced Olympic LE version has one as well, but they're not exactly common.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent collection. Thanks for posting.

We could certainly use some photos of that C8 Power Reserve for the Reference Gallery. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

gaf1958 wrote:I agree, the photos are pretty ordinary but the watches are certainly not! Great collection with some real gems in there. I like all the usual suspects, but possibly the one I'd like most in my collection is the 6105... The single pusher is a bit of class too.

IIRC there is another non-ceramic SMP fitted with a co-axial movement - the red bezelled, white faced Olympic LE version has one as well, but they're not exactly common.
Also the black bond Quantum of Solace SMP le which has the old bezel and dial but without the waves.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

downer wrote:Excellent collection. The C8 PR stands proud amongst some esteemed neighbours.
Dancematt wrote:Terrible photos but a superb collection! Love some of those vintage military models, the speedy, the zenith, the SMP. Top stuff.
gaf1958 wrote: IIRC there is another non-ceramic SMP fitted with a co-axial movement - the red bezelled, white faced Olympic LE version has one as well, but they're not exactly common.
I agree, Thur turned out worse than I hoped, I'm going o try to shoot some new photos after work today if the light is better.

I wasn't considering any LE SMP's good catch!
Kip wrote:Excellent collection. Thanks for posting.

We could certainly use some photos of that C8 Power Reserve for the Reference Gallery. :)
Kip, I'll be sure to snap some reference photos of the PR for the reference gallery as soon as I get the chance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

downer wrote:Excellent collection. The C8 PR stands proud amongst some esteemed neighbours.
Dancematt wrote:Terrible photos but a superb collection! Love some of those vintage military models, the speedy, the zenith, the SMP. Top stuff.
gaf1958 wrote: IIRC there is another non-ceramic SMP fitted with a co-axial movement - the red bezelled, white faced Olympic LE version has one as well, but they're not exactly common.
Appreciate it guys!

I agree, the photos turned out worse than I hoped, I'm going o try to shoot some new photos after work today if the light is better.

I wasn't considering any LE SMP's good catch!
Kip wrote:Excellent collection. Thanks for posting.

Kip, I'll be sure to snap some reference photos of the PR for the reference gallery as soon as I get the chance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Brilliant collection! Would like to see more of the Zenith
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

Excellent collection , thanks for sharing . I do like the Seiko 6105 its a beauty , its the stand out watch for me .
Bernie
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

That is a great collection, lots of cracking pieces.
Thanks for sharing.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

MiniMpi wrote:That is a great collection, lots of cracking pieces.
Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate it Ferg. I have one of the luckiest problems in the world...deciding which watch to wear each morning :lol: