SOTC CHADDYP - MAR 09 2016

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
chaddyp
Junior
Junior

Post by chaddyp »

I started collecting watches from as long as i can remember. From an early age my dad taught me the importance of always having a watch. He is very big into watches as well as was my grandfather. All the boys in my family are given a nice swiss watch for there 21st bday. After having a few casios, fossils and sectors i finally got what i thought was a fantastic piece for my age and lifestyle

Tag Heuer F1 Alarm

ive had this watch as a beater for 9 years. served me well and i still take it out from time to time. Love it.

After being more or less a one watch guy for 7 or 8 years I decided to take up back my hobby and commemorated my commencement into the family business with this beautiful piece

Baume and Mercier Capeland worldtimer

I love this piece. Probably still my favorite watch. I love the dial, the blued breguet style hands and the domed bezel. A great watch for travelling and when at weddings or some other kind of occasion like that.

I wanted a nice inexpensive Diver that i could use to time my swims and just throw on a nato and not care about it

Orient Ray Raven

I love the pvd and the day date function. This watch is quite accurate for what it is and goes through alot of rigors!! I also take it hunting.

A "casual dress watch" was on the radar for me. Something that looked vintage with the domed crystal and arabic numerals. Once i saw the zeppelin I had to have it. Took a while to get the right color and dial combination I wanted.

Zeppilin LZ 129

I love this watch so much. Sometimes I find my self gazing at it longer than i should. Its a watch that gets the most compliments.

When i finally saw my Son on the ultra sound it was one of the most special moments of my life. I had to mark the occasion. I also set a goal with myself to get this watch before i was 30. I did so with time to spare!!

Rolex "polar explorer" 16570

I love this watch. LOVE IT. It just feels fantastic. The quality , the feel , the finish. Brilliant. Has a slight dome that i like, its a GMT and I love the white face. Goes under the radar as well. When my son is of age and maturity it will be his.

I had been researching Christopher Ward for a while now. I loved the concept and some of the dress pieces. Once i saw the pulsometer i had to have it. I love a white dial as well especially with blued hands

Christopher Ward Pulsometer

Really love the finish of this piece and i can see it becoming a go too dress watch for me at weddings and functions and if I feel like dressing up at work. (usually in a more casual look)

I was scouring the internet for a nice chronograph with a vintage look. I love the speedmaster but somehow i just never got it. I ordered one once and had shipping issues and had to get a refund, a next time i tried to get one off of a forum and the seller and i couldnt agree a payment method. Then I found this piece which i loved way more and was less than half the price!

Needed a watch for the gym. Something rugged and digital, something that i can just not care about and will always be accurate and multifuctional

Sinn 103 acrylic

Saw a pic of this watch and decided i had to have it. It had everything i liked. It had 200 meter water resistance, it had a domed crystal, day date complication and hacking seconds. It was too perfect. As soon as i found a seller i snapped on it. Went through perfectly. Its becoming my everyday watch. Looks great on the bracelet and leather. such a great piece

Casio Gshock Rangeman

This watch actually came in red. I got the black bezel and switched out to nato. Its perfect now. I may carry this with me on the next hunting trip too. Happy with it.

I love retro and vintage looking items. i dress like that and just love any thing from periods of my grandfather. I wanted a simple pocket watch badly. Nothing expensive just a nice piece to wear out in my vests if i decide to leave the wrist watch

Skeleton Pocket Watch

My wife knew i wanted one and she got me this for christmas. I love it dearly. She got it engraved for me aswell which makes it even more special. I somtimes just carry it to work with me and find my self looking at the time every 10 mins!!

Well thats all my pieces that i have with me. I have one more piece but its currently for sale

A mint Heuer Monza 150.510

its a beatiful; vintage piece. Im a big racing fan and i have had this watch for a while but i find my self too scared to wear it as its PVD and can scratch easily. They are hard to come by in this condition. its currently in florida with my friend awaiting a delivery address for its new home. still contemplating keeping it

thanks for viewing !!

Cheers
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: SOTC CHADDYP - MAR 09 2016

Post by magicman »

What a great collection and summary, thanks for sharing.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Nice One Son

Post by scooter »

Looks to me like you are a young man with good taste.

An interesting mix and I particularly like the Explorer, the Zeppelin, the Sinn and the Monza.

Keep it up, you're doing your dad and grandfather proud.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
CHZacc
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by CHZacc »

Really liking that Zeppelin
C60 Trident 600 PRO
C700 Grande Rapide ETA 7750
C8 Regulator
C8 P7350 #29 SH21
C8 Pilot MK II Auto
C900 SinglePusher LE
C9 Harrison Automatic
C9 FLE # 9 ''Red 12''
C9 BDD
C11 MSL Chrono
Omega Speedmaster 3606

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A man for all seasons! That is a real do it all collection. My favourite would also be the B and M. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by bobbubka »

Great collection, love the worldtimer and I've been thinking of giving that Zeppelin a go for some time myself. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

Great collection - I have to pick out the explorer2 for a bit otf a mention - just a lovely watch
Mark
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

What a great collection, thanks for posting it. I must admit, I'm struggling to find one I wouldn't love in my collection - but then I saw the G-Shock! :) That (admittedly very popular watch) aside, I like them all especially the Explorer, the Zeppelin, the Sinn and the vintage Heuer.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent collection. Thanks so much for sharing.

Love the Zeppelin!! :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

What a great collection with a nice tale attached to each watch. I'm with the others, that Zeppelin is a new watch to me and I love it and the strap you have it on. I have my silver dial 'smart casual' watch on a similar colour strap, which does it for me.
'Tis me
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

Fabulous collection. :clap:

Explorer and Capeland are just lovely.
Graham
chaddyp
Junior
Junior

Post by chaddyp »

Thank you all for your kind words. I see the zeppelin is quite a favorite. With good reason its a fantastic little bugger. My wife adores it too. I am a young person in my late 20s and I just try to aspire to tasteful things that I myself just enjoy. Im still thinking about selling the heuer or not. I love the piece and i love the history behind it. But I also dont like keeping it locked up. Im just not sure. My next piece will be either a JLC or a Zenith. Maybe next year or so if budget permits. Thanks again for the kind words !!
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

a very tasteful collection always nice to have the reasons why each watch has its place. The monza is stunning.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

A cracking collection , thanks for sharing .
Bernie
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

A really nice and well balenced collection. I too have an explorer and agree with you about how great they are but I have to say I really like the zepplin, sinn and the monza as well. Terrific :thumbup:
Cheers now, Paul