Dancematt - January 2016

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Dancematt - January 2016

Post by Alex r »

You have a really nice balanced collection, something for every occasion. Nice to see a birth year watch in there. Can understand the love hate for the smp sometimes I really like it and other times it's meh. The size is interesting those who have the mid size regret not buying the full size, have you tried the smaller version ?.
Alall
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Alall »

Nice collection...good variety for any occasion. Love the JS101 in particular...Would it be possible to see a size comparison with any CW watch....I believe it is a 38.5 mm one but wanted to see how it wears on a wrist with a comparable CW if possible. Cheers !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Alex r wrote:You have a really nice balanced collection, something for every occasion. Nice to see a birth year watch in there. Can understand the love hate for the smp sometimes I really like it and other times it's meh. The size is interesting those who have the mid size regret not buying the full size, have you tried the smaller version ?.
Yes tried it and preferred it. I got the fullsize only because it was new reduced by quite a substantial amount. I think my aim for 2016 will be to sell it and pick up the mid size version. I like the Sinn U200 but that would clash with my Amphibia which I adore.
downer wrote:^^^ It's a funny old game. If you owned only the SMPc you'd not give all that stuff a second thought. I am working on a SOTC post and remembering why and how I got my watches, there has been a serious amount of over-thinking going on! :lol:
Haha I know right! I almost never bought watches before unless they had more than 100m wr, I mean why exactly?? The whole point is to have watches that suit different needs/ occasions/ clothing (well for me that's the point otherwise I'd really just like to be a one watch guy).

I think though the size would still bother me with the smpc. The midsize could be a one watch for me easily though because overall the smpc is a great looking watch just the servicing issues also hold it back (but again I'm being too pedantic :))
Alall wrote:Nice collection...good variety for any occasion. Love the JS101 in particular...Would it be possible to see a size comparison with any CW watch....I believe it is a 38.5 mm one but wanted to see how it wears on a wrist with a comparable CW if possible. Cheers !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's been so long since I owned a CW that I know now I am no longer a prospective future buyer of the brand so I can't really help
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Alall
Senior
Senior

Post by Alall »

It's been so long since I owned a CW that I know now I am no longer a prospective future buyer of the brand so I can't really help[/quote]

Ok...no worries. Thanks much.

Nick.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Lovely, eclectic collection and great pictures.
Bjørn
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Great collection. I like the Sif Nart but as you said too expensive for what it is, did you try it on ?
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Some fabulous watches and you are to be congratulated on going your own direction and not following the crowd.
Personal fav is that stunning dynamic. Love it :clap:
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

blowfish89 wrote:Great collection. I like the Sif Nart but as you said too expensive for what it is, did you try it on ?
Tried it on two or three times on different visits. It really is a great watch. I'd really like it to be a couple of hundred cheaper but it does still hold one of the highest ranks in my 'one watch' table. I really should have just bought one by now.

(old handset is better - think this was a custom one off almost)

I just had a thought that I could go down to twelve with the one 'outsider' selling off the top three middle and the Strela and maybe buying the JS or a Bremont solo but that's for next year's events.
stefs wrote:Some fabulous watches and you are to be congratulated on going your own direction and not following the crowd.
Personal fav is that stunning dynamic. Love it :clap:
I have some 'crowd watches, some 'wis appreciated' models and some that reflect my own quirks. Most of the collections on here seem to have the same and I really enjoy seeing collections that may give an insight to the owners character.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Lovely watches and great to see a cool birth year watch, I have a nice one from 1985 from my birth year, really should do a SOTC soon... I'd bite the bullet and get the solo mate :-) it's beautiful that little bremont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Macca wrote:Lovely watches and great to see a cool birth year watch, I have a nice one from 1985 from my birth year, really should do a SOTC soon... I'd bite the bullet and get the solo mate :-) it's beautiful that little bremont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could do but it's way over priced and the pre owned one I've found has now sold. I don't really want to spend more money on watches but the addiction always bites back at some point.
Askari
Junior
Junior

Post by Askari »

Nice collection. I like the way they are all watches that tell a bit of a story. Much more interesting that just a draw of high end watches - the only story that tells is about the size of someone's wallet.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

This is a fabulous collection.
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

A great collection. We have quite a bit of crossover in taste. I'll watch with interest where you take it.

I have the same thoughts regarding the 300M (SMPc) as one minute its too big and the next its perfect. Like Richard said - all is forgotten when its on the wrist. It is a no nonsense robust watch for me and every collection needs one.
Mark
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by Ceegee »

That's one eclectic collection right there DM. Some interesting pieces. My fave, perhaps surprisingly, is your birth year Seiko. I just love that.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

only just read this......
birth date Seiko, grandad's Seiko. wow.
this is a great collection, but i knew it would be.
nice one! :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00