CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: 2013 General Discussion

Post by ianblyth »

mrw wrote:the color (or colours, if you prefer) feel right and there is nice contrast
Red, white and black are classic colours and are done by many watch companies. See 2011 FLE, C40 Speedhawk, Trident C60 GMT and C70 Monaco for CWL examples.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

2013 General Discussion

Post by MiniMpi »

highway62 wrote:Just got £3k bill for various stuff needed on my car, perils of M3 ownership, so might be out of the running for this LE anyway ...boo!
I feel your pain :(
My MINI Cooper S was written off Monday evening :(
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Had a crack at a design. Due to fewsomes design software, textures and finishes etc aren't available so youlll have to use your imagination on these a little - PLease zoom in for a better view (photobucket was behaving like a little bi'atch). It was not my intention to use such a minute track (although it does allow for integrated 24 hour numbers) so do not focus on it, only the main dial design is something i wish to put forward.

The original design on the left is just a basic idea that evolved into the three on the right.
The blue version would be a shiny blue not matt - preferably with solid rhodium indices/batons (like a C20) and lume numbers.
The black version would be matt black and all the gold minute track printed on the dial (like an old rolex sub), no applied indices but plenty of lume on the batons and numbers.
The Grey version can either be matt or a shiny silver (with gilouche lines or whatever looks nice) - Lume indices (orange lume at 12 8)), black printed numbers.

(Note: the Ten on these actually comes from an Ellicot watch - i think its a good design solution to get over the cutting into the ten you see on most watches when faced with smaller circle underneath i.e IWC pilots watch)

Anyways i was bored at work and it was a good way of passing the time. I was channelling the following designs when i thought of the C10 case- its wide and flat and dull, which to me means an Aqua Terra style may not work so well (although gotta say a tritium dial would be epic):

Just to give the commity some more ideas if i can :thumbup:
I miss all the great things that may never be.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

cholmes wrote:Hey! I just noticed I'm an expert. How exciting.
More to point Carolyn, 'how worrying!' :lol:

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Dancematt wrote:Had a crack at a design
Are you putting a single design through for consideration or all 4?

To me the Red 12 versions is too similar to the Red 12 2011 FLE because of the red 12.

Personally I can't say I am that fond on the 10 replacement.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

ianblyth wrote:

To me the Red 12 versions is too similar to the Red 12 2011 FLE because of the red 12.

I rather like the slashed Zero solution, though I fear it would confuse scandiwegians and mathematicians. How about if the slash was vertical more like the 1 it replaces?

How about

--
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

ianblyth wrote:

I'm not really submitting a full design, more like a look or layout. I read Kips post to be submit ideas not whole designs for which a the eventual forum dial will be a copy of, the commity will design the watch.
sratansi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by sratansi »

love the look of those nimos watches!
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

Well done Dancematt (loving the orange)

I like the last design. Let's have something a bit more 'out there' for the fle
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

mabotham wrote:Well done Dancematt (loving the orange)

I like the last design. Let's have something a bit more 'out there' for the fle
Thanks Mr Botham, a simple evolution of the standard C10 (with except of the ten - but people can take it or leave it....I.e leave it :lol:) its the layout of the indices and numbers that appeals to me -

Also the orange/grey is my favorite version too, I like the idea of using a 2836.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Aesculapius wrote:
Peteo wrote: I wonder how this would look in the White / Black / Orange Combo that some of us have been talking about. It might be that combo is better suited for a chrono though.
Pete,
If you haven't seen it already, there's a grey with orange version on page 5 of the case poll thread.
Ah, thanks for pointing it out. Yeah, I think prefer the grey / orange version over the blue version.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
The_shamen
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by The_shamen »

Dancematt wrote:Had a crack at a design.
The Grey version can either be matt or a shiny silver (with gilouche lines or whatever looks nice) - Lume indices (orange lume at 12 8)), black printed numbers.
I really quite like that whole orange thing going on. :thumbup:
Macca

Post by Macca »

I really quite like the design in dark red on the far left above, good job
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

Macca wrote:I really quite like the design in dark red on the far left above, good job
Me too.
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

Just sent Kip these variations on a theme...

Completely ignoring the colours for a moment, it's the other details that are the things that make a design what it is, like numbers/no numbers on the minute track, four-point or twelve-point lume on the indices, texture or galvanic face, and so on. I've deliberately gone for batons and avoided numbers for the main indices on these suggestions as I wanted to make this look very different to the "standard" C10, which has very simple clear arabic numerals (which I also particularly like). The bronze/blue variant was originally inspired by the rather sleek and minimalist black/red Steinhart posted earlier in this thread.

I don't think any of these designs are necessarily "complete" as they stand, I simply put them forward as options for consideration and maybe there might be *some* components within them that the FLEC wish to consider incorporating into the next stage of the process as they move forward.

Good luck guys - and thanks for all your hard work; we appreciate it! :thumbup: :D