LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

The 2013 Forum Limited Edition Commission

Post by Kip »

The time has come to begin the process of putting together a Christopher Ward Forum Limited Edition Watch for 2013.

In order to do so, The Forum Administrative team has put together a 2013 Forum Limited Edition Commission (FLEC) that consists of 6 veterans from the 2011 FLEC and 6 new inmates who were selected from a pool of 16 candidates who volunteered to be considered for this project.

I must say that the decision of who to choose was extremely difficult. All the candidates had different qualities and skills to offer. We have put together what we feel is the best mix of talent, ability and personalities to make this group work as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

The members of the 2013 FLEC are the "Forum Admin Team" Hans , Kip and Yoda and the following Forum members 28800bph, Amor Vincit Omnia, Downer, ianblyth, jmarchitect, Loddonite, Monkey, paw3001, rcherryuk, village, welshlad and Wis.

The FLEC will operate as follows in its decision making. Votes are necessary to reach a definitive consensus. Each member will have one vote. A majority or quorum (7) vote is required.

I will act as director of the 2013 FLEC and represent the Admin team. The team gets one vote in the event of ties or if a quorum is needed. I will cast the vote for the team.

The 2013 FLEC has already started with preliminary discussions as to how to proceed with sorting out parameters to accomplish our goal....which is..

To consult the forum membership in order to determine the parameters for the 2013 FLE, to refine designs within those limits, consulting with and obtaining input from the members and CWL, submitting the design(s) to the members for final approval and submission to CWL for pricing, professional design drawing and production.

The parameters that we are working on will be established by a series of polls to run one or more at a time for 4 days. These polls will provide the FLEC a scope to work within.

We expect to establish the scope by sequentially polling for style , price, movement and case. Each poll will narrow down the options for the next poll.

A timeframe for the general process will be provided as soon as we have all that information and will be added to this announcement.

It is also our goal to be far more transparent than the 2011 FLEC. This will be accomplished through regular reports and updates of our progress.

Although the FLEC invites any member, at anytime, to submit a design /idea to them, it is suggested that you await the final establishment of parameters before submission.

The FLEC reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions.

The CWF Administrative Team reserves the right to adjust the size and/or terminate the 2013 FLEC at any time.

We would ask that any and all discussions regarding the 2013 FLE please be kept in the 2013 Forum Limited Edition area. It will make it easier for everyone to follow along.

This is to be your Forum LE, so please participate in the process by casting your votes in the polls.

Watch for them...they are coming soon!

Many Thanks,

The Admin Team and the 2013 FLEC

Addendum

Added Aug 20,2012

Projected timetable for 2013 FLE process.

1. Scope - Completed by Sept. 1 - 4 initial polls to run consecutively to establish parameters for FLE. Style, price range, movement and case.

2. Designs - Completed by Oct. 1 - Designs to be completed by FLEC, submitted to general forum.

3. Final vote - Oct 15 - Voting to be concluded by general forum regarding final selection.

4. Submission - Oct 17 - FLEC final drawings of selection submitted to CWL for approval and final pricing. Professional drawings to be done by Fraser.

5. Approvals - 11/1 - Approvals, pricing and drawings to be recieved from CWL.

6. Reservations - Starting on or about 11/15

7. - Delivery - Approximate May 1, 2013

Please keep in mind that this schedule is an estimate. It is subject to many things beyond the control of the 2013 FLEC.
We shall endeavor to adhere to this proposed schedule as closely as possible so that our 2013 FLE may be delivered in a timely manner.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Re: The 2013 Forum Limited Edition Commission

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Great people, looking forward to the 2013 FLE :D
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Mr Kirk »

I just wanted to tell you, good luck. We're all counting on you.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes

Post by scooter »

Excellent news.

Looks like a Premier Division Championship winning Team to me.

Good luck to each and everyone of you, as an individual and as a Team.

:-D

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by DSHall »

Excellent team. Good luck. Oh and liquid filled…
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

DSHall wrote: Oh and liquid filled…
:thumbup: :thumbup: Oh yeah :wave:
Mark70
Junior
Junior

Post by Mark70 »

Good lunch and thanks for the commitment. First time I have seen this so looking forward o seeing it progress

Mark
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Thanks for the good wishes and remember you have your part to play so make sure you're not shy in voting on the polls and giving us the scope to play.

Liquid filled...liking the sound of that!

PS Anyone for a diamond encrusted C11 mono pusher with moon phase and power reserve?
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Richard
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-one: yes

Post by Richard »

paw3001 wrote:Thanks for the good wishes and remember you have your part to play so make you're not shy in voting on the polls and giving us the scope to play.

Liquid filled...liking the sound of that!

PS Anyone for a diamond encrusted C11 mono pusher with moon phase and power reserve?
Only if it has a gold plated dail, can withstand 20.000 feet of water and is super accurate (heq). :P

Anyways, good luck to you all.
CW count: 6 Seiko count: 11 Casio count: 1 Citizen count: 1 G-Shock count: 2.
Unofficial Seiko ambassador.
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Looks like a really strong team! Well done those, and respect to all those who applied. :clap:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Great team, Best of luck :)
I really hope I'll get my first FLE this time.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I like the lineup! :thumbup:

I know I'm a minority/niche member here, being female, but with both AVO and Wis in the team, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a reasonably-sized watch (ie, no more than 39-40mm - old or new C3/C5 case?) :D

Anyway, good luck and here's wishing the team amazing amounts of creativity, ingenuity, vision and great synergy in this endeavour!

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
The_shamen
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by The_shamen »

How long does the process typically take? In other words, how many months have I got to save for? :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

The_shamen wrote:How long does the process typically take? In other words, how many months have I got to save for? :-)

Hopefully Feb-March.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:
The_shamen wrote:How long does the process typically take? In other words, how many months have I got to save for? :-)

Hopefully Feb-March.
Cool, ties in with my birthday in February so :)
Thinking a new C3 Mk II for Christmas and hopefully an FLE for my birthday.