2012 Forum Limited Edition (#1?) Discussion Area

The fourth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Re: 2012 Forum Limited Edition (#1?) Discussion Area

Post by xtriple »

Well it's arrived and I'm pleased to say it is actually running and the bezel is.... aligned! So this one (still number 87 but not the original 87) is a lot better straight out of the box.

Got a few chores to do before I'm allowed to play with it (been somewhat pre-occupied for a few weeks and neglectfull) but then it will get adjusted to fit and we shall see how I feel about it.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Glad to hear it arrived as promised. Hope all checks out and the bonding will begin. 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

julywest wrote:
chriswalkerband wrote:Man, you know you have it bad when you have the tracking number MEMORIZED...

:hangman:
when was it despatched?
Received yet? mine made it in exactly a week
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

chriswalkerband wrote:
So you are going to keep it as opposed to passing to the next one on the list .......... :D[/quote]

It would take a miracle, a million dollars, or a shark to get this beauty from me. I love it!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank whoever passed on #43...THANK YOU!

Kip, I would like to be added to the owners list now :lol: I wanted to wait until it was on my wrist. Well done CW & Scooter for actualizing my grail! ...Can you tell I'm happy?[/quote]
Missed this post... so how long from UK to Florida?
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

As some may have noticed I was really rather critical of the red fle when it arrived defective, choosing the bracelet, the bezel (misaligned) the clasp and the shade of red. In short, there was little I actually DID like.

However, when I opened the box and the second hand was moving, that increased my liking of the thing by a factor of ten.

When I then removed all the plastic from the dial and bracelet, the red sort of "popped" out in the sunshine and my liking of it increased further by a factor of a hundred.

When I then sized it to actually fit (dead easy with my cheapo ebay toolkit) and removed the plastic from the bracelet, my liking of it increased by a factor of a thousand!

There are a couple of issues with it: not too keen on the "onion" hour hand and even this bezel is fractionally misaligned (by about a tenth of a second) so needs to be placed carefully to avoid it upsetting me. Also wonder why the date window is at such a silly position, 3:00 would have looked much better. However, it's not enough to stop me enjoying the watch and I really am! Much to my surprise, I'm keeping it.

I really like the shape of the lugs; from the side they look like a Lamborghini Aventador nose, a shape I'm very fond of and I think the bracelet integrates into the lugs really well. The polished, brushed, polished, brushed and polished looks excellent to me. Still think the clasp is rubbish and the micro-adjustment weak. Also, the divers extension is not impressive, but then I am comparing it to my Omegas and there's a bit of a price difference!

Now I recall why I wanted the red one in the first place: the blue looks too much like the Omega Seamaster "Bond" and so would never get worn, whereas the red is a "one off" in my collection and quite unique.

Overall, I really like it.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
2bravo
CW-watches: 2

Post by 2bravo »

Just wanted to say that I received my glorious #23 a couple of days ago. I got it sized yesterday and today is my first day full day with it on. I definitely love it. This is my first automatic and I'm consistently mesmerized by the sweeping second hand. I really like the trident on the end of it too. :)

Thanks CW!
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

2012 Forum Limited Edition (#1?) Discussion Area

Post by DSHall »

xtriple wrote:As some may have noticed I was really rather critical of the red fle when it arrived defective, choosing the bracelet, the bezel (misaligned) the clasp and the shade of red. In short, there was little I actually DID like.

However, when I opened the box and the second hand was moving, that increased my liking of the thing by a factor of ten.

When I then removed all the plastic from the dial and bracelet, the red sort of "popped" out in the sunshine and my liking of it increased further by a factor of a hundred.

When I then sized it to actually fit (dead easy with my cheapo ebay toolkit) and removed the plastic from the bracelet, my liking of it increased by a factor of a thousand!

There are a couple of issues with it: not too keen on the "onion" hour hand and even this bezel is fractionally misaligned (by about a tenth of a second) so needs to be placed carefully to avoid it upsetting me. Also wonder why the date window is at such a silly position, 3:00 would have looked much better. However, it's not enough to stop me enjoying the watch and I really am! Much to my surprise, I'm keeping it.

I really like the shape of the lugs; from the side they look like a Lamborghini Aventador nose, a shape I'm very fond of and I think the bracelet integrates into the lugs really well. The polished, brushed, polished, brushed and polished looks excellent to me. Still think the clasp is rubbish and the micro-adjustment weak. Also, the divers extension is not impressive, but then I am comparing it to my Omegas and there's a bit of a price difference!

Now I recall why I wanted the red one in the first place: the blue looks too much like the Omega Seamaster "Bond" and so would never get worn, whereas the red is a "one off" in my collection and quite unique.

Overall, I really like it.

Glad it's worked out for you mate. You're overdue some good things. Hope your hound is still on the mend too.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Received #77 I want to remove the bracelet (sizing it would be no issue been there done that) but I think the springbars attaching bracelet to case are bent so I will take to a jeweler tomorrow as I give....
chriswalkerband
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by chriswalkerband »

julywest wrote:
Missed this post... so how long from UK to Florida? [/quote]

Made it in 7 days. CW also shipped a replacement Trident that made it from UK to FL in 3 days! THAT was impressive!! It arrived DHL - they were kind enough to ship the replacement before they even received my C60 with "issues". A testament to CW's awesome CS team. If you ever have a problem contact Wera or Deb and they will take great care of you, trust me.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

chriswalkerband wrote:
julywest wrote:
Missed this post... so how long from UK to Florida?
Made it in 7 days. CW also shipped a replacement Trident that made it from UK to FL in 3 days! THAT was impressive!! It arrived DHL - they were kind enough to ship the replacement before they even received my C60 with "issues". A testament to CW's awesome CS team. If you ever have a problem contact Wera or Deb and they will take great care of you, trust me.[/quote]
Cool looks like 7 days the norm from UK to East Coast. Agree on Wera... just these springbars are a b_tch.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Only 1 Red C60 FLE available as of right now - #87
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Jamizki

Post by Jamizki »

Hello! I'm new in the forum and this is my first post! Greetings from Finland! Just want to ask if there were those blue ones still available?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Jamizki wrote:Hello! I'm new in the forum and this is my first post! Greetings from Finland! Just want to ask if there were those blue ones still available?
Welcome to "The Asylum"!

I am afraid they have all been gone for quite some time.

If you poke around here a bit you will also see that waiting lists are closed as well.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

timeonourhands
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by timeonourhands »

Like the wilko! It looks nothing like anything you'd find in the shop tho
bergamotte
Junior
Junior

Post by bergamotte »

Kip wrote:
I am afraid they have all been gone for quite some time.
I wonder how much a C60 FLE is worth these days... ](*,)