Swapping a deployment for a regular clasp

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Swapping a deployment for a regular clasp

Post by Molan »

I've just picked up a CW that came on a leather strap with deployment clasp.

Is it possible to remove the clasp easily and replace it with a regular one?

I have one of those annoying wrist measurements that needs a standard size strap but usually on one of the smaller settings and deployment clasps are always a bit awkward for me and tend to 'throw' the watch too far to the left of my wrist (if that makes sense!). I always seem to find that it makes me feel like I'm in between two holes for a perfect fit as well.

I guess I could try just bending the metal to make it more rounded which might give a better fit but wary of just wrecking it :(

Normally I'd just buy a new strap but this one really suits the watch itself and I'd like to keep it as original as possible :)
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Swapping a deployment for a regular clasp

Post by PaulWB »

You can remove the deployment, but if you put an ordinary buckle onto the strap, you won't have the keepers to hold the free end of the strap.

Might be better to get a complete replacement from CWL with the appropriate buckle (dress or sport) or from an aftermarket supplier.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

PaulWB wrote:You can remove the deployment, but if you put an ordinary buckle onto the strap, you won't have the keepers to hold the free end of the strap.

Might be better to get a complete replacement from CWL with the appropriate buckle (dress or sport) or from an aftermarket supplier.

Paul
Doh - I hadn't even thought about the keepers!

It's not a current strap option from CW but I'll have a hunt for an alternative :)
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

What size strap are you looking for as CWL have a fairly good range of straps available with dress or sport buckles.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Surely you mean deployant? :wink:

Ask AVO for guidance on this.......