C9 Small Seconds C9-40-SS-SWT-B

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
ruddertj
Junior
Junior

Post by ruddertj »

Have a C9 Small Seconds (C9-40-SS-SWT-B) on its way. Almost paid full price over the summer for this timepiece but decided to hold off and had to pull the trigger on the sale; Can't tell you how excited I am!

Question; I have scoured this forum for about a week now looking for pics of the C9 SS on different straps and only found pics on the brown, blue, and black leather croc and I was wondering if anyone had any pics of the C9 SS on a different strap (preferably leather)? I was thinking of getting the strap that is on the C1 grand reserve or the darker version of that strap.

I am also open to and would love to hear ideas for other straps that would look great for that timepiece.

Thank you for any help/guidance,
Tim
arzt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: C9 Small Seconds C9-40-SS-SWT-B

Post by arzt »

Similar question
May be somebody can show C9 SS on Mesh braslet?
"Die Kraft steckt in der Qualität." ©
C9-SS & C60 COSC & C1GM 5day Blue dial Prototype #0000
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

Couple of very fast Photoshops. Apologies for rough edges and any remnants of erased items. Gives you the idea at least. I like either. Moreso than the bracelet version of the C9SS. The leather is the Cordovan Leather Strap - Bader Deployment from the C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve.

Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
ruddertj
Junior
Junior

Post by ruddertj »

Thanks!!
Thanks for doing that; I really like the clean look of the cordovan leather; I'm contemplating the lighter tan color if I went that direction. The mesh doesn't look horrible either.....
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

Contact CW customer service (aka Wera), tell her the strap you're thinking of for the watch, and if it will fit I am sure she'll sub the strap you prefer for the stock strap.

Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
ruddertj
Junior
Junior

Post by ruddertj »

Reviews often state that the dial of the C9 SS takes after 18th century British maritime chronometers; those chronometers being used for navigational purposes and this too being a certified chronometer, I thought this Hirsch Earth strap sort of tied everything together. (Or am I totally overthinking this :))
http://www.hirschstraps.com/products/hi ... p-in-brown
I really like it though and am pretty sure will at least try out. Need to have timepiece in hand to know for sure though.

The design on strap is subtle in the few pics I could find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Josh has a review of the C9SS here:
https://www.watchitallabout.com/christo ... ch-review/

There are quite a few excellent pictures of the black strap.

I think this is much better suited to the deck watch style, and I really don't like the Hirsch you have shown, just looks messy against the sterility of the dial.
There's always time for one more.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

rgb wrote:Contact CW customer service (aka Wera), tell her the strap you're thinking of for the watch, and if it will fit I am sure she'll sub the strap you prefer for the stock strap.

I asked for a strap swap on one of these in the sale and was told that there was no option to exchange straps on the clearance watches because the straps were also being cleared.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
ruddertj
Junior
Junior

Post by ruddertj »

Put it on a black leather.

BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Greetings,

I know in your op you said you have already seen the C9SS on a blue strap.................

I still think it is the best combination for me.

It is a very classical watch and looks very good on your black strap.

Enjoy your new addition, what a bargain!
arzt
Senior
Senior

Post by arzt »

Nato strap
I don't think that it's fine but why not

"Die Kraft steckt in der Qualität." ©
C9-SS & C60 COSC & C1GM 5day Blue dial Prototype #0000
PricoMigdala
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by PricoMigdala »

I gave it a try with the Hirsch Terra. Looks great on the watch and the photo doesn't do it justice.
Having a small wrist and this strap being quite thick and not very flexible, it throws the watch to the exterior of my wrist making me feel uncomfortable. I'll just have to find something similar but softer, more flexible.

ruddertj
Junior
Junior

Post by ruddertj »

arzt wrote:Nato strap
I don't think that it's fine but why not

Please take this in the spirit in which it's intended...(not mean spirited) but you are right, that SS on that Nato is no bueno. that is pretty bad :).

I do like the SS on the blue alligator but for my needs I am going to keep it on the black leather. These will be my main 4 for a while.

Timmyhk

Post by Timmyhk »

PricoMigdala wrote:I gave it a try with the Hirsch Terra. Looks great on the watch and the photo doesn't do it justice.
Having a small wrist and this strap being quite thick and not very flexible, it throws the watch to the exterior of my wrist making me feel uncomfortable. I'll just have to find something similar but softer, more flexible.

Wow, this is such a beaut, I really like this match of strap.
Its_Probably_Me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Its_Probably_Me »

Really hoping to get one of these on my budget. A couldnt quite justify the use it at the time, looking to get a second hand one in good condition though