Documentation and CW-related information
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2

Post by DEV.Woulf »

https://www.timepiecechronicle.com/feat ... nt-pro-600

A review featuring the new logo. The writer discusses the issue with the V3 logo when the hands are at the bottom of the dial.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
hectormabr

Re: Timepiece Chronicle - C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600

Post by hectormabr »

Thanks for sharing. Great review.
Jimmyd
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Jimmyd »

Interesting review, thanks for posting it.
Jim[/b
blairgscott
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by blairgscott »

So happy to have mine with the original logo. Love this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blairgscott
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by blairgscott »

Sorry the v2 logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

The reviewer spends a lot of time on the logo issue, but he leaves me completely unconvinced. To say that a thing should be one way because our brains are used to seeing it that way is not a strong argument, particularly when it looks great in my own eye. :shock:

I can't take him seriously. His video (at least I assume it's the same author) at the bottom of the page features distaste for date windows because they unbalance the dial, but then he gives Rolex a pass for its truly ungainly cyclops because "it says it's a Rolex" and "That's really special." This strikes me as a guy trying to rationalize sucking at the Zerk fitting of what's fashionable.

IMHO. :lol:
Gregory
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Yes; I agree. I can't relate to him because I think it looks great. :)
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
timepiecechronicle

Post by timepiecechronicle »

Psalty wrote:The reviewer spends a lot of time on the logo issue, but he leaves me completely unconvinced. To say that a thing should be one way because our brains are used to seeing it that way is not a strong argument, particularly when it looks great in my own eye. :shock:

I can't take him seriously. His video (at least I assume it's the same author) at the bottom of the page features distaste for date windows because they unbalance the dial, but then he gives Rolex a pass for its truly ungainly cyclops because "it says it's a Rolex" and "That's really special." This strikes me as a guy trying to rationalize sucking at the Zerk fitting of what's fashionable.

IMHO. :lol:
Hi PSalty, I'm the writer of the review that is linked above. My intent when discussing the new logo and position was not to convince you that "I'm right" and that anyone who likes the logo placement is wrong, it was just to give my opinion. I've reviewed 3 CW's with the new logo at 9 o'clock, the C8 UTC World Timer, the C60 Trident Pro and the C8 Regulator and I only had an issue with the placement of the logo on the C60 Trident. The other watches had a better dial layout in my opinion, but you are more than welcome to disagree!

My video on date windows was less about their existence in general but about date windows that seem like an afterthought. I do mention that there are a number of watches that I think have great date windows, including Rolex, Nomos and Lange & Sohne. The cyclops is certainly not an afterthought of design and is certainly iconic in its own right as it's been a staple of Rolex design since 1953. That's the reason that I spoke about it. Not that I could convince my wife about it though, she constantly refers to it as an 'old man bubble'!

Thanks for reading the review and watching the video!
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

timepiecechronicle wrote:
Hi PSalty, I'm the writer of the review that is linked above. My intent when discussing the new logo and position was not to convince you that "I'm right" and that anyone who likes the logo placement is wrong, it was just to give my opinion. I've reviewed 3 CW's with the new logo at 9 o'clock, the C8 UTC World Timer, the C60 Trident Pro and the C8 Regulator and I only had an issue with the placement of the logo on the C60 Trident. The other watches had a better dial layout in my opinion, but you are more than welcome to disagree!

My video on date windows was less about their existence in general but about date windows that seem like an afterthought. I do mention that there are a number of watches that I think have great date windows, including Rolex, Nomos and Lange & Sohne. The cyclops is certainly not an afterthought of design and is certainly iconic in its own right as it's been a staple of Rolex design since 1953. That's the reason that I spoke about it. Not that I could convince my wife about it though, she constantly refers to it as an 'old man bubble'!

Thanks for reading the review and watching the video!
And thanks for reading my review of your review! Great response. My wife looks at my JLC memovox and says it looks like an "old man watch," so we have something in common. Since I received it for my high school graduation present, she must be right.

I cannot disagree with your opinion because it is not an objective reality. I understand why you hold it, and why many of the feeders on this forum do, too. In part, my response was to provide pushback to the prevailing sentiment, because I believe that the new placement really does work very well, once one stops looking at the hole. You know what they say about doughnuts. Right?

My rather rude remark about Zerk fittings ( :lol: :oops: :lol: ) was a reference to another hilarious discussion about the bezel of said c60 requiring a grease nipple, so I was still playing with that at your expense. The devil made me do it. Still, approving of the date and old man bubble on a Rolex Sub because it says Rolex... that is just a little too easy, is it not?

Still, I'd like to hear your response to a rotating bezel that sounds like a windup toy.

I missed the nuance, somehow, that you were only speaking of watches where the date window seems an afterthought. I was under the impression that you meant all date windows were after thoughts in this day of comps, pads, and cells - although if that were true, then surely a watch would be redundant were it not such a problem to get the phone out of my trousers' pocket, particularly when driving.

TPC, Thanks very much for your response. I love a good tussle of ideas, and I appreciate a man who stands behind his thoughts. :thumbup: And please tell your good wife that she is absolutely right.
Gregory
macandbumble

Re: Timepiece Chronicle - C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2

Post by macandbumble »

Two words regarding assymmetrical design that everyone loves: Millennium Falcon :-)
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Pic from rutanboomerang .com
There's always time for one more.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Now where's the photo of Downer's Daytona, from a couple of weeks ago, which shows the asymmetric thickness of the lugs (narrower on the crown/pushers side of the case).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

^^^ Right here...

Richard
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Timepiece Chronicle - C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2

Post by gaf1958 »

^^^ It’s not alone... the Speedmaster’s lugs on the RHS are thicker to act as a crown/pusher guard... You don’t normally notice it, but they’re all like that.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@downer, @gaf1958

Thanks gents. Interesting point of discussion. Things are never quite as they seem.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England