CW C8 Power Reserve Chronometer Watch Review

Documentation and CW-related information
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: CW C8 Power Reserve Chronometer Watch Review

Post by MiniMpi »

what-time-is-it wrote:I also bought the tan strap which feels awful and will be going back (too hard and feels cheap).
See Simon's post on this thread regarding the quality of the Tibor strap : http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =1&t=41459
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Thanks for that, I'm glad it's not just me - I'll have a chat with c/services tomorrow.
And yes it's garbage, £75 worth.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Update - CW have asked me to return the strap and will organise a replacement once it's returned.

They've not had any other complaints apparently about the quality of this type of strap, which contradicts comments from scrogg on another post which I was unaware of at the time of my post.

We'll see and hopefully they can quickly resolve but I would be wary about ordering Tibor straps because of this experience.

Chris
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

what-time-is-it wrote:They've not had any other complaints apparently about the quality of this type of strap...
But then would you really expect them to tell you if they had?

Or perhaps we are the only people so far to have bought both versions, so are the only people to do a direct comparison and notice the difference in quality?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

No, just commenting on what they said.

Huge difference in quality and feel between the two, I'm just glad I bought the additional strap, because if the watch had come on the tan I would be sending it back.

From an appearance point of view I thought the tan would be my preference, but I think it really suits the black.

Lovely watch!

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

I'll post some photos when I can, but my dark date observation seems to be about ambient light but also shadows. I was in a well lit room (LED's) and continued to find it a struggle to easily read the date when looking down at my wrist - however and this might sound ridiculous, but I moved my wrist out of the modest shadow of my head and the date becomes easy to read.

I've never had a watch with this issue before, but then the date wheel is unusual on this model and now that I 'get it' I know how to see it, providing the room isn't too dark.

At this time I've only worn the watch inside the house, so we'll see what it looks like in daylight, preferably on a nice bright day.

Also timekeeping and this is early days, but it was sat on a desk for 7 hrs and worn for 7 hrs - power reserve is sat in the middle and it kept perfect time with no loss or gain, which is really impressive.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Just checked and the leather straps on the C8 Power Reserve and Trident ranges fit each other and work well on each, so I'm going to return the Camel leather Tibor for a refund. I have an unused Super Engineer bracelet which may go on the Trident at some stage.

Chris