C60 Trident Pro 600 (43mm) Review

Documentation and CW-related information
BCC
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by BCC »

My C60 Trident Pro 600 has arrived, and I'm so impressed that I wanted to take the time to post a review.

After a mix up with my order (I was sent a 38mm C60 300 instead of 43mm) I was offered an alternative, since what I ordered was no longer in stock. Wera was an incredible help and offered me a few different options to resolve the issue. I decided on a 43mm C60 Trident Pro 600, green bezel, black dial. It was sent express via DHL and arrived two days later (in Canada).

I only recently started getting into watches, so this is not coming from someone well versed in the subject - but I wanted to contribute this review none the less.

I must say, when I opened the box I was more than surprised. The look, build quality, small details... everything was very well done.

The ceramic bezel is very glossy and looks amazing in all lighting, especially natural sunlight. I really like the wide font for the numbers and love that the markings are engraved. It moves well and there is no play. The green is somewhat dark (much darker than the C60 300) which I like. Under certain lighting it's hard to tell that it's actually green. I like that subtlety.

The applied "stick" indicies give it a very clean/simple/modern look, which I like. The chrome trim around the indicies/hands/date box is a beautiful little detail, and reflects light amazingly for a nice touch. The second hand reaches very far to the edge and looks great as it sweeps around. The trident counter balance is very nice as well.

The guilloche wave dial is beautiful and well done. It's a nice subtle touch that really adds to the overall look. It catches light differently at certain angles and looks great doing so.

The case is very nice. The brushed satin side looks very nice and the polished top parts are a nice contrast. The marking on the case back is equally nice, with a big and deep trident stamp. The lugs have a nice curve as well. It has a nice weight to it and feels very solid.

The sapphire crystal is flat and protrudes slightly, maybe 1mm. I have no issue reading the dial even with heavy reflections, thanks to the anti reflective coating and the chrome trimmed hands/indicies. It's also a great piece of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about it getting scratched up.

I have the standard leather (alligator embossed) strap, brown. It's well made and dresses up the watch a bit. It's stiff for now, but I'm sure it will get better as it breaks in. The 22mm width is nice. I have a bunch of nato straps that I have yet to try on it.

The movement is nice. Coming from someone who is new to watches, I can't comment too much on this. It runs quite accurate and I'm pleased with it.

Overall I can't be happier with this watch. Personally I think it looks much more expensive than it is. The overall build quality and details are amazingly well done. This feels like a watch that will last a lifetime, and I certainly plan on keeping it.

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 (43mm) Review

Post by MiniMpi »

Nice review and good photo too which shows off the colour of the green well.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thank you for a wonderful real world review. As Ferg said, a terrific photo as well. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

Nice to hear you're so pleased with your purchase, you should be it's a lovely watch. Nice review also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
BCC
Senior
Senior

Post by BCC »

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

This is very helpful. I've been considering a Trident as well and a review from an end user is always a great source of information. I'm considering the black dial/black bezel with the stainless steel bracelet.
BCC
Senior
Senior

Post by BCC »

fishman wrote:This is very helpful. I've been considering a Trident as well and a review from an end user is always a great source of information. I'm considering the black dial/black bezel with the stainless steel bracelet.
Thanks. If you decide to go ahead with it, you will not be disappointed! Pictures cannot do this watch justice. Seeing it in person is the icing on the cake.
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

The pic of your watch is excellent. While I think the simplicity of the black dial and bezel is what I prefer, your picture has made me think about a contrasting color for the bezel. The deep red bezel also looks great and would be stunning with a black dial and black rubber strap.
BCC
Senior
Senior

Post by BCC »

fishman wrote:The pic of your watch is excellent. While I think the simplicity of the black dial and bezel is what I prefer, your picture has made me think about a contrasting color for the bezel. The deep red bezel also looks great and would be stunning with a black dial and black rubber strap.
Agreed, a contrasting colour on the bezel makes it stand out a bit more.
BCC
Senior
Senior

Post by BCC »

Here's two more...

always_intime
Junior
Junior

Post by always_intime »

Nice pictures. Looks almot more like a dress watch than a dive watch.
BCC
Senior
Senior

Post by BCC »

Thank you.

It certainly can. I've been wearing it often with a suit, it works well.
BCC
Senior
Senior

Post by BCC »

BCC wrote:Here's two more...

Another thing to point out - you'll notice heavy reflections (lots of natural light) on the crystal in the top picture, though the dial is still very legible. The chrome trimmed hands/indicies just pop under light, and shine through any reflections on the crystal. It's hard to show in a picture, but that one does it well.

Just another small, but appreciated, detail that this watch has.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Great post and review, I enjoyed the read. I love my red bezel.back dial C60 Pro 600 for many of the reasons you noted. Just a great watch!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

Black dial,black bezel or black dial,red bezel? Decisions, Decisions! What I do know is that I can't go wrong with either one!