C60 Trident 600 Vintage Watch

Documentation and CW-related information
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

C60 Trident 600 Vintage Watch

Post by tempusmaximus »

An article on the C60 Trident 600 vintage by ABTW.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/christopher ... age-watch/
Bernie
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Re: C60 Trident 600 Vintage Watch

Post by blowfish89 »

The comments are certainly.. entertaining :lol:
The writing is crap as usual. These guys need to learn from Hodinkee or even Worn&Wound or WIAA.
thewatchman07
CW-watches: 0

Post by thewatchman07 »

I don't understand, why are they likening it to a homage of Omega or even Rolex in the comments? I thought the new tridents were original in their designs? :problem:

And I wish some in-flesh photos were included. :thumbdown:
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

I detest web sites makes viewing the site next to impossible by screwing around with the scrollbars making them fade in and out, then have massively unnecessary code and styles that do nothing but slow down the page load and make it next to impossible to smoothly scroll the page as I see fit. Just a badly designed site, in part because WordPress is a horrid authoring tool.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

"The world's most popular" review blog starts with the phrase UK and abroad? This seems to be written by a Brit for Brits, not for global consumption.
Aye, well. :thumbdown:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Thanks for the heads up TM.

A good read.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

tikkathree wrote:"The world's most popular" review blog starts with the phrase UK and abroad? This seems to be written by a Brit for Brits, not for global consumption.
Actually it states "its native UK and abroad", which makes sense wherever the author is from
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

sproughton wrote:
tikkathree wrote:"The world's most popular" review blog starts with the phrase UK and abroad? This seems to be written by a Brit for Brits, not for global consumption.
Actually it states "its native UK and abroad", which makes sense wherever the author is from
But if the reader is a native of "abroad" I think they might be entitled to feel a trifle patronised I think.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

They manage to make an art form of padding! So many words to say so little. Did anyone else pick up the 'spectre' thing? That certainly passed me by. Whatever, I really like this watch (ss case, brown strap) and it was good to see the extra photos. Post Christmas, an earlier sale or voucher will see me pull the trigger. I won't pay top dollar for it.
'Tis me
Sinbad
Junior
Junior

Post by Sinbad »

not so bad
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by MadJam250 »

Caller wrote:They manage to make an art form of padding! So many words to say so little. Did anyone else pick up the 'spectre' thing? That certainly passed me by. Whatever, I really like this watch (ss case, brown strap) and it was good to see the extra photos. Post Christmas, an earlier sale or voucher will see me pull the trigger. I won't pay top dollar for it.
The Vintage looks nothing like the SPECTRE retro Seamaster 300 .. yes, they are both watches, but that's where the comparison ends. The SPECTRE watch is based on an older Seamaster which is almost based on a Rolex Submariner of the time as the chosen watch for Bond in Connery's first few Bond films, especially as the new Bond watch is being worn on a NATO strap as was worn in Dr No, Goldfinger, etc.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
thewatchman07
CW-watches: 0

Post by thewatchman07 »

MadJam250 wrote:
Caller wrote:They manage to make an art form of padding! So many words to say so little. Did anyone else pick up the 'spectre' thing? That certainly passed me by. Whatever, I really like this watch (ss case, brown strap) and it was good to see the extra photos. Post Christmas, an earlier sale or voucher will see me pull the trigger. I won't pay top dollar for it.
The Vintage looks nothing like the SPECTRE retro Seamaster 300 .. yes, they are both watches, but that's where the comparison ends. The SPECTRE watch is based on an older Seamaster which is almost based on a Rolex Submariner of the time as the chosen watch for Bond in Connery's first few Bond films, especially as the new Bond watch is being worn on a NATO strap as was worn in Dr No, Goldfinger, etc.
Yes, I think it was an deliberate attempt to critique and downplay a striking, legitimate, original(from my limited exposure to watch styles) design. But Omega can go about making all the homages with little to no references to it being so. :problem: