CW C8 Power Reserve Chronometer Watch Review

Documentation and CW-related information
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

CW C8 Power Reserve Chronometer Watch Review

Post by eggtronics »

The latest rendition of Christopher Ward’s fairly groundbreaking in-house SH21 movement is found in the brand new C8 Power Reserve. The name kind of gives away the extra feature – that of a power reserve indicator, located at 9.

This watch will cost you £1550, which of course isn’t cheap. But, despite this – what you get is still excellent value for money. Think about the value of an in-house movement. This is also COSC certified (£100 in itself). If this was any other watch manufacturer, the cost would be a lot more.

Let’s take a closer look to get to know the C8 Power Reserve Chronometer a bit better.

Continue reading here:
https://www.watchitallabout.com/christo ... ch-review/

When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!
dony.habibie
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW C8 Power Reserve Chronometer Watch Review

Post by dony.habibie »

Once it passed its pre-order on February, I will definitely get this one. It's on the top of my wishlist. By the way, looking forward for other forum member's hands-on review.

Cheers,
Dony Habibie
Casio Edifice EQS-1000DB-1AV | STOWA Antea KS 355| Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 44 ST1 | REC-P51-01 | Garmin Fenix 3HR Sapphire | Straits Foundry Maiden Voyage | Junghans Meister Chronoscope Telemeter Silver Dial | Bulova Moon Watch
Bigmac146
Junior
Junior

Post by Bigmac146 »

This is Definatley a watch I could own. I love the look of it and really like the power reserve
Rooski
Junior
Junior

Post by Rooski »

it's beautiful. The new logo actually works on this one....maybe because it's at the centre and not justified to the left.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
C5 Malvern mk2 auto,C60 trident 600,Seiko Sea Urchin, Oris Junior vintage, Tag Aquaracer (Quartz) and Golana Aqua
rogco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by rogco »

Rooski wrote:it's beautiful. The new logo actually works on this one....maybe because it's at the centre and not justified to the left.

Was thinking exactly the same thing
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Rooski wrote:it's beautiful. The new logo actually works on this one....maybe because it's at the centre and not justified to the left.

Yes
Junior

Post by SCRAPPYDO »

I will buy this watch one day.. Just need to move some inventory if you know what I mean. :)
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

After receiving my first CW (43mm C9 5 day chronometer on leather) and being so impressed with it, I then couldn't help myself from ordering a second one in another color combo while it was still on sale and that watch is currently in transit. Now that I'm hooked on the 5 day power reserve and COSC certified accuracy of the SH21 movement I came across this stunning C8 power reserve chronometer and I find myself really wanting one. I may have to hold off purchasing it for a bit but I look forward to getting one on my wrist sooner or later... I think I may have a problem and am considering starting up a local support group for Watch Addicts Anonymous! :problem: :lol:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Mine is due tomorrow - fingers crossed it's perfect and a keeper.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Arrived this morning, not worn yet but first impressions are it's very nice, but the date is style over function.

Chris
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

what-time-is-it wrote:Arrived this morning, not worn yet but first impressions are it's very nice, but the date is style over function.

Congrats on your new addition! :thumbup: Can you please be a bit more specific about the date, do you find it unclear or difficult to see? TIA
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

audio.bill wrote:
what-time-is-it wrote:Arrived this morning, not worn yet but first impressions are it's very nice, but the date is style over function.

Congrats on your new addition! :thumbup: Can you please be a bit more specific about the date, do you find it unclear or difficult to see? TIA
Hi, I haven't worn it yet and will take a look later, but to me if you glance at the date field it'll be difficult to read due to the way it's styled. Even when you look at the dial head-on the date is quite dull and quite difficult to make out, although this may improve once I'm familiar with it.

I don't know how many forum members have this watch, but infomation on the forum seems limited - serial number for mine is thirty something, so not many of these out there it seems.

Chris
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by EddieTheBeast »

I've just watched the WIAA video and find the watch amazing. I actually like the idea of the way they have done the date, it's technical and - well different! But it appears that it isn't too easy to read, so maybe a good idea that needs executing a bit better.

Anyway, congratulations on owning such an awesome watch!
Dean
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Don't get me wrong I like the design of the date, because it is different. First impressions however are that it's not at the top of the list for ease of use.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Loving it so far!

Really comfortable on the black strap (soft, supple and very comfortable), I also bought the tan strap which feels awful and will be going back (too hard and feels cheap).

Watch itself has been on a desk for most of the day and has gained one second since 10am. The sapphire is very prone to reflections and much more than on a Trident.

Date section unless you have a strong light behind you is a design weakness so far and is a dark zone.

Lume is ok, but fades quite quickly.

Overall very happy with it and I'll take some photos when I can.

Chris