Emma and the Beast...you OK?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Roger1
Junior
Junior

Re: Emma and the Beast...you OK?

Post by Roger1 »

I went to our local Tesco on Saturday and you would of thought that world war 111 had started. No bread left at all.
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

It was - 15 Celsius over here last week with over 3 feet of snow and I managed to :

- paint and repair the walls, mount shelves, install lights, put on wallpaper, install counter and cash register, install sings on front and as a result open 2nd store of ms. Sinners business venture (she designs, manufacture and sell her designer clothes for women)

I have done that all (including 7 or 8 trips to local Ikea, hardware stores and all the rest of the stuff needed, with all stores located 10-15 miles out of the town) within 7 days, without car. I asked few friends to step in and help with their cars. One evening I have dropped 200 pounds of Ikea system shelves in the store at 11 PM at - 17 Celsius and installed them in the morning at same temperature.

I have serious frost bites on hands, and serious case of chronical stress and fatigue.

But I have opened it. Here is what it looks like.

So... You are lucky you dont live here...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

What an incredible achievement given those intolerable conditions.

You should be very proud of yourself.

I hope that you return to full health as soon as possible.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sinner777 »

Worse possible times to open store. But.. I have managed. Thanks to misus Sinn who has helped a lot and few of my very patient friends.

Worse moments were when the paint started to freeze on walls as I painted.

I borrowed industrial grade heater from a friend who uses it to Heat his car workshop, and during night cleaned it all an repainted it again.

Sings on front were also very tricky to install. Decals just would not stick on cold. So I had to deinstall them, stick decals inside and reinstall them on ladder in the middle of blizzard.

Now I know why Eskimos think hell is Eternal cold and ice....
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

It looks well worth the effort.

I hope that the shop is successful.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

sinner777 wrote:It was - 15 Celsius over here last week with over 3 feet of snow and I managed to :

- paint and repair the walls, mount shelves, install lights, put on wallpaper, install counter and cash register, install sings on front and as a result open 2nd store of ms. Sinners business venture (she designs, manufacture and sell her designer clothes for women)

I have done that all (including 7 or 8 trips to local Ikea, hardware stores and all the rest of the stuff needed, with all stores located 10-15 miles out of the town) within 7 days, without car. I asked few friends to step in and help with their cars. One evening I have dropped 200 pounds of Ikea system shelves in the store at 11 PM at - 17 Celsius and installed them in the morning at same temperature.

I have serious frost bites on hands, and serious case of chronical stress and fatigue.

What a great effort, the store looks fantastic.

Yes we are fairly pathetic in this country, a few inches of snow (it was actually a little worse this time) and the place falls apart :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

sinner777 wrote:It was - 15 Celsius over here last week with over 3 feet of snow and I managed to :

Wow !!
Well done and sending you best wishes for a great success :clap: 8)