Watch shops more friendly

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAG
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Watch shops more friendly

Post by JAG »

For some reason a few year ago I’d walk into WOS & get ignored or most other shops of retailers of fine watches & id get ignored or not hassled in any way.

Myself & Mrs J where walking through town dressed the same no cuffs showing just looking in WOS & we got dragged in literally the sales women put her arm around mine & dragged me in “no I’m not that lucky ;-) ;-)” , she then followed to pull out every watch I even glanced at & she even brought a few out for Mrs J when,

I said I was thankful for the friendliness & for her time she then went on to say any prices you get we will beat “but not online” my question is are they aiming to sell more on credit seeing as everyone is turning to smart watches . ??????
My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Watch shops more friendly

Post by Mikkei4 »

JAG wrote:For some reason a few year ago I’d walk into WOS & get ignored or most other shops of retailers of fine watches & id get ignored or not hassled in any way.

Myself & Mrs J where walking through town dressed the same no cuffs showing just looking in WOS & we got dragged in literally the sales women put her arm around mine & dragged me in “no I’m not that lucky ;-) ;-)” , she then followed to pull out every watch I even glanced at & she even brought a few out for Mrs J when,

I said I was thankful for the friendliness & for her time she then went on to say any prices you get we will beat “but not online” my question is are they aiming to sell more on credit seeing as everyone is turning to smart watches . ??????
Tell us what WOS please, I need to look at a few watches.
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Richard B »

JAG wrote:the sales women put her arm around mine & dragged me in ..
Queen Victoria Street in Reading?

She used to do sign-language thru' the window to entice me in!
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Richard B wrote:

Are you sure she wasn't shooing you away? Or, more likely, the windows have that mirrored sun protection film on the back and she was just practicing her disco moves in the reflection? :D
Steve.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Richard B wrote:

That 1 closed a long time ago.
They ran it for a while as a pre-owned sales shop but never seemed to sell much as far as I could see from the window displays.
JAG
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAG »

Mikkei4 wrote:
JAG wrote:For some reason a few year ago I’d walk into WOS & get ignored or most other shops of retailers of fine watches & id get ignored or not hassled in any way.

Tell us what WOS please, I need to look at a few watches.
St David’s centre WOS she was a very attractive oriental women with great legs very very pleasant on the eye but more importantly catered to my every watch desire lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

JAG wrote:she was a very attractive oriental women with great legs very very pleasant on the eye but more importantly catered to my every watch desire lol
Perfection !
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Mikkei4 wrote:That 1 closed a long time ago.
They ran it for a while as a pre-owned sales shop but never seemed to sell much as far as I could see from the window displays.
That's because half the time your couldn't gain entrance through the locked door and the other half of the time, after you have left them details of the watch you are interested in, should they get one, they never ever called, but on your next vsit you would see the watch you wanted to be notified of.

It was also pretty grimy.
'Tis me