Quit my job

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: Quit my job

Post by welshlad »

Well done mate! Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Congrats Richard!!

I suspect that you will find retirement quite enjoyable. You will quickly find plenty to keep you busy and productive and wonder how you ever had time for work.

Since my retirement, I am busier than ever and enjoying it immensely.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Congratulations on what must have been a well thought out, and therefore no doubt the correct decision. Good luck for whatever you do next.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

When viewing your various watch wearing posts I thought on many occasions "My goodness, what job does he have, travelling around so much" and I wasn't in any way envious of you.

So it looks like it finally got to a point where you considered it best not to do it anymore. A strong decision, no doubt well thought out. I decided last year not to work anymore and I've totally enjoyed myself since.

Best wishes in whatever you do.
JAG
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAG »

Congratulations Richard Family first if funds allow why not :thumbup:
My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Mikkei4 wrote:When viewing your various watch wearing posts I thought on many occasions "My goodness, what job does he have, travelling around so much" and I wasn't in any way envious of you.

So it looks like it finally got to a point where you considered it best not to do it anymore. A strong decision, no doubt well thought out. I decided last year not to work anymore and I've totally enjoyed myself since.

Best wishes in whatever you do.
Indeed, travelling for work is rarely glamorous. In January I will have three weekly commutes to Germany and a week in the US. This means losing free time on Sunday and virtually every weekday evening. The salary is nice but when calculated as an hourly rate, the story is different.

Time for a change.
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Congratulations Richard - a good call! :thumbup:

Deciding to call it quits, in your mid fifties, on your own terms, at a time of your own choosing is very liberating - I very much doubt you will regret it! :D

Far too many hang on trying to play the corporate game, until the bitter end.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

downer wrote:Indeed, travelling for work is rarely glamorous. In January I will have three weekly commutes to Germany and a week in the US. This means losing free time on Sunday and virtually every weekday evening. The salary is nice but when calculated as an hourly rate, the story is different.

Time for a change.
i enjoy traveling for work, but not constantly the way you do and many people at my company do. i follow a few executives on instagram purely so i know where they are that day so i can track them down. it looks way better in instagram than it is in reality, tho. give me those 4-5 trips a year and i'm good. only negative for me is i rarely get more than a week's notice before i travel. even internationally. it's usually more like, "hey, can you be in chicago on thursday?"
the "g" is for Greg...
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

As someone who has had a divorce through never being at home due to work, I say congratulations! I didn't read the signs too well and by the time I decided enough was enough it was too late. I hope everything works out and you enjoy whatever chapter you decide to start writing next.
Composer62
Senior
Senior

Post by Composer62 »

Best of luck Richard.. almost at the point of making a similar decision myself ... managing projects in multiple international locations is nowhere near as glamorous as people think it is !

I'm very sure you will never regret your decision and hope all goes well for you . I look forward to hearing how you find it !

Regards
Kevin

Experience - the thing you get just after the point you REALLY needed it.
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Arbor22 »

No doubt you have worked long and hard to now be in the enviable position of being master of your own destiny. What adventures await! Congratulations :thumbup:
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks for the good wishes guys - I appreciate it.
nbg wrote:
Far too many hang on trying to play the corporate game, until the bitter end.

Neil
As I have got a bit older and (to an extent) started to look at corporate life from the outside-in, I can only agree with you.
Richard
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

be alert for what's coming towards you next - something might hit you completely from out of left field - be prepared for anything to happen next 8)
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

Best of luck with things.

I've quit one decent career in the past for six months of unemployment and little spare cash, so i could retrain and start again in a different field. Despite the ups and downs of the last two decades, i've got to do and see some amazing things and have a job some people would consider selling a non vital organ to do- but the 'glamour of showbiz' :roll: wears thin after several years of being dragged out of a warm bed at 4.30am for a 12hr shift and its just not fun anymore, so maybe another side step and a new challenge beckons (once my employers have funded some of the training i need- well they do keep hassling me to spend the training budget :lol: ). Work takes up a lot of your life, so if if you can afford not to do something you don't enjoy, why waste the time on it?

My Dad retired about five years ago and is always busy with something (bowls, badminton, gardening, walking, annoying my Mom :D ). I'm sure you'll find more than enough to fill your time should you wish to hang up the work boots :thumbup:
So many watches, yet still so little time!
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

I would be very surprised if this is not a very considered move. Best of luck.
Bjørn