How do you listen to music now.....

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: How do you listen to music now.....

Post by gbbird »

I'm rather old fashioned when it comes to listening to music because I like to get the best out of it. I have several separates systems that I interchange from time to time, comprising Arcam, Denon, B&W, Rotel and Musical Fidelity components. My main set up has a Project turntable and Nakamichi cassette desk, although the latter is rarely used.

I always buy music in physical format, mainly CD but sometimes vinyl. I also burn my CDs lossless to PC for back up and convenience, using WMP via a decent soundcard and external hi fi amp & speakers.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

I haven't actively listened to music in a couple of months, but I'll have some free time in March so i'll post back then :lol:
I have Spotify Premium.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

I have a modest setup of a stereo system and have experimented with all kinds of source, NAS through network media player, chrome audio, pc + jriver + dac and a few music streaming subscriptions, however, although music streaming certainly excel in terms of selection and quantity, and not too shabby on quality as well, I have now revert to the good old CDs of mine. Not for any other reasons but it just feels right, for me at least.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Incoming: 0
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

CDs. They still feel modern to me.

Not tried cassettes since last year when I got one jammed in my tape deck. Took 1 - 2 hours to get that one sorted.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

My wife thinks that my musical tastes are stuck in a time warp circa 1976-82. Even if I deny that to be the case, I do accept that the way I listen to music is stuck in a bygone age.

- CD player in the car.
- Micro hi-fi with radio, tape and CD player in one room.
- No means of listening to music in lounge or dining room (unless I count playing a CD via the DVD player).
- No music, other than radio in bedrooms.
- An iPod nano that docks with a Revo Blok in the kitchen - but no tracks added for last 5 years.
- No music stored on laptop, iPad or iPhone, but sometimes listen to tracks on YouTube.
- Vinyl collection somewhere, with no current means of playing.

I like and understand the benefits of new technology - I just don't have any! :lol:

The Amazon thingy sounds interesting - I think that I will give it a try. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK